• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M23: Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the movie looks great! I wasn't too sure about the plot at first; I was worried it was just going to feel like a Tarzan ripoff. But the trailer has me very interested. I still think them taking the AU route for these films is one of the best things they could've done.

I also can't get over Jessie's AU movie uniform. She just looks so cool in it :love:

They can't start promoting the next movie while this one is still in theaters.

All the movies that have been released with a teaser of the next one say hi.

so I wouldn't expect any news before March. And it will almost definitely be released in December again; it will take longer than one movie to go back to a summer release, even if the crisis is over by then. Summer and Christmas are the ideal time periods for big movie releases.
If they are already taking one experiment with the release date, they can take another by pushing the next movie to August or September. And they might want for tourists to watch the movie while the Olympics are still going.

...yikes Okazaki... this might be your worst song yet. It actually sounded like a dead bird screaming to me at first until I turned the Volume Up.

The Alarming thing of this Movie just like the Main Series seems to be the Small Cast. The Whole Movie will depend largely on the Co-Character aka Coco. If he is a miss, then the Whole Movie will be a Miss.

I think they're going to go ahead with a July 2021 release for Movie 24. It's not like they've been sitting around doing nothing these last few months; the script for the next year's film's already done by this point, probably.

Silktree said:
Manga adaptation aside for spoiler aficionados

The manga "adaptation" this year is going to be a prequel story that takes place three years before the events of the film. I doubt we'll get any spoilers out of that.

I enjoyed the song a fair bit, and the trailer itself looks great! The scenes they showed off were super dynamic. Still not too sure about this human child raised in the jungle by animal(s) concept concept since I feel it's a little overdone, but it definitely makes me like Zarude a lot more. And that's saying something since his official art and game model terrify me haha. Looking forward to more!

That trailer looked pretty cool. The relationship between Zarude and Coco already sounds really interesting and I really like Ash's outfit. The forest looks so beautiful too. I wasn't expecting a Christmas release date, but I'm sure a lot of families would want to go out to the movies. Plus, it gives them more time to finish up production.

As for next year's movie, I could see them going back to the summer release date. It all really depends on how much the virus situation affected their production for the next movie, how much they already have done and if Japan has to declare another state of emergency due to the virus down the road. I'm curious when this movie will be dubbed if it won't be out in Japan until near the end of this year. I could see it coming out early next year or more likely around spring. It will most likely be released on Netflix. While the idea of not having another limited release theater run for a Pokemon movie is still sad, I also wouldn't go near a theater if I was paid to do so and I don't think that they'll be any safer next year at this rate, so Netflix it is then.

Oh I was so excited to make a joke about Miyamoto that I didn't realise that tweet contained a video of the new trailer!

Anyway, loved it. Looking forward to this one, whenever we'll be able to see it. I get why people are a little hesitant on the song, but I mean when the movie's hero is a great ape, a little rough and tumble in the singing is ok IMO.

Yeah...one thing I'm very curious about is when Movie 24 will come out.

If it weren't the pandemic changing things, we'd be talking about the teaser and speculating on it about now... o_O

So I have to wonder if it'll go back to a July release, another Christmas release if this works out well, or somewhere in between depending on how things go with the production...:unsure:

a Christmas release?? There's theaters open on Christmas??? idk about japanese culture, but going to watch a movie on Xmas is a little bummy imo. but regardless, Pokemon: The evil villain is going to destroy the forest/catch the legendary Pokemon movie is a unique concept and has definitely never been used before...

Last edited:
Everyone is focusing on how this movie is a psuedo-remake of M4; but now that we got more details about M23, it seems more that this movie borrows elements from M3 and M4.

M3 has a (not real) legendary act as a surrogate parent to a child, while M4 obviously has the Celebi and forest thing going on. So it's kind of like M23 is a 20-80 remake of M3 and M4.

idk about japanese culture, but going to watch a movie on Xmas is a little bummy imo.
I don’t know about Japanese religious percentages, but I don’t think Christians are the majority, so it isn’t that farfetch'd for people to watch movies on that day. My country where Christians are a minority also sees yearly movie releases on Christmas.

I live in the U.S. and movies being released on Christmas isn't really a new thing either. I never went to a theater on Christmas day, but I remember plenty of trailers for movies being released on that date and I've heard of families who would go to theaters for Christmas too. I really doubt that people will be able to do that this year, but the whole concept isn't that strange in itself. I wasn't expecting that release date for this movie, but it would potentially make it easier for families to go see it on opening day.

I’m out of date on some of the trailers, but what is the conflict? Zarude seemed to be fighting something in the recent one.
Clayton poachers attack the forest with their forest destoying mecha, Karen will save the day by calling manager authorities. Also, Koko learns that he's adopted.

New poster courtesy of Dogasu

poster.jpg

Okay, NOW we know what's causing those explosions and what Zarude's facing off against...

Now the question is if it's being piloted by a villain or just goes out of control because of the TRio's stupidity...

Some official "Who's that Pokemon" tweets for more Pokemon

Hint: More Galar guys are helping out (I hope) ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom