Any way the wind blows
- Jan 12, 2008
- Reaction score
- Preferred Pronouns
- He / Him
Discuss the Japanese version of the movie and/or any reviews here.
TR having a major role in a movie is enough to make me want to see it.Dogasu has written up an in-depth review detailing the movie. For anyone who isn't interested in reading it, here are some of the interesting points.
- As I expected, Satoshi only uses Pikachu in this movie.
- No mention of what region this is set in. Again, as I expected.
- This movie marks the animated debut of quite a few Pokemon; Sachimushi (Blipbug), Foxly (Thievul), Pulsewan (Boltund), Beroba (Impidimp), Tairetsu (Falinks), Uu (Cramorant), Baiwooluu (Dubwool), Appryu (Flapple) and Galarian Maggyo are the ones mentioned (we already knew the final evolutions of the Galar starters would appear). Most are apparently quick cameos.
- Satoshi tries to catch Uu and Appryu during the movie but fails both times.
- The Mother and Daughter make their usual cameo appear.
- For the first time in the franchise, Satoshi mentions his dad. He tells Koko how he encouraged him to follow his dreams of being a trainer... that's all the info we get though.
- Koko's backstory is as thus; his parents were researchers for Dr. Zed who were trying to find a legendary tree in the forest which housed a spring filled with magical life-giving water (because apparently any forest in one of these movies has to have healing waters). Koko's parents found the tree but upon discovering it was sacred to the tribe of Zarude they attempted to find a way to learn about the water without harming it or the tree. Naturally Dr. Zed didn't give a damn about the Zarude and had a car chase with Koko's parents when they tried to flee with the data and runs them off the road into a river. He gets the data from them (presumably Koko is carried away by the river) and leaves them to die in the ensuing explosion! Yeah, our villain essentially murders Koko's parents.
- Team Rocket has a lot to do in this movie. They move the plot forward quite a bit and even give Satoshi and Koko a helping hand during the film.
- Zarude is a Mythical Pokemon in name only. There's about thirty of them in this film, and no-one makes any attempt to catch one.
- Dada Zarude is left close to death at the end of this film, however he is saved when Koko uses Jungle Healing (from the manga, Koko spends the start of the movie trying to learn Pokemon attacks and can't understand why they won't work for him). Probably best not to question it.
- Shiny Celebi's appearance very brief, like Lugia's in the last movie.
Nope.So does the Cramorant we saw in the trailer belong to Team Rocket, like we suspected from the trailer?
It really isn't, especially when it comes from people who haven't even seen Koko yet.Yami-no-Game said:God this movie really is a rehash of other jungle movies like The Jungle Book and Tarzan and I don't care what other people say that's a valid criticism
If they do a movie like that, it'll be akin to the Pikachu origin story, overhyped.Apparently there was a pop up of talk that M24 would cover 'Ash's Origins': did the movie end with a teaser a la Mewtwo after PoU or what?
(...The fact Ash's dad was mentioned at all by Ash makes me give that a bit more thought than I might otherwise just from a random twitter link)
There was no Movie 24 teaser at the end of this film.Apparently there was a pop up of talk that M24 would cover 'Ash's Origins': did the movie end with a teaser a la Mewtwo after PoU or what?
Karen and the other Biotope Company employees stay behind to help repair the forest from the damage Dr. Zed did to it with his mecha.dan.23 said:And what about Karen and Koko?
That's correct, Zarude does not speak human language.P_S_B said:two of which don't speak human (I assume Zarude doesn't)