• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Madame Boss fanart by Masaaki Iwane

Iwane recently bought the radio drama. I think he got an inferior used copy or something.

Does anyone know where Bulbapedia got the following from?

Since Miyamoto was her friend, Madame Boss took it hard. She is not as harsh as she seems to be. She cared for Giovanni until he was 17 and became the boss of Team Rocket. She talked about caring for her child with Miyamoto when Jessie was born. Madame Boss was one of the first people to hold her.

It sounds like fanfiction to me. Madame Boss just talks about money in the first episode of the drama, and in the second episode Giovanni says that he succeeded her at some point. I doubt he was 17, and Madame Boss was hardly a caring mom.

Last edited:
Some guy named Swampertguy add it several months ago:
Apparently he copy-pasted it from The Pokemon Wiki:
Someone named Evanf added it there wayback in 2010. And I doubt him as a source.

Thanks. I've made some necessary changes to the Bulbapedia page.

Madame Boss was somewhat friendly with Miyamoto (far more than Giovanni is with TRio), but I doubt that she cared all that much about her life.

It wouldn't be the first time that Bulbapedia article provides dubious information. It used to say Madame Boss' relationship with Giovanni was "extremely hostile" or something of the sort, which is also just fan interpretation of the radio drama.

Bulbapedia article is extremely flawed... what's new? :rolleyes:

In other news, Iwane is the ultimate Pokemon fan artist. That guy has now risen to the rank of best ever franchise employee.

Let's say they're doing some Rocket to polish SM off with, imagine how life-affirming it would be if some Rocket lore was explored and Madam Boss was alluded to? Le sigh...

In other news, Iwane is the ultimate Pokemon fan artist. That guy has now risen to the rank of best ever franchise employee.

I know, right? The man’s art is awesome! I mean, look at this!

We've never officially seen her face, right? I wonder if Iwane had access to official artwork of her full face we've never seen, or if that's just his personal interpretation.

It's just a personal interpretation. In the tweet quoted in this thread Mr. Iwane states that, aside from her clothes and hair, he can only guess what Sakaki's mother looks like.

Unown Seer said:

Since Miyamoto was her friend, Madame Boss took it hard. She is not as harsh as she seems to be. She cared for Giovanni until he was 17 and became the boss of Team Rocket. She talked about caring for her child with Miyamoto when Jessie was born. Madame Boss was one of the first people to hold her.

It sounds like fanfiction to me.

Me too. There is absolutely nothing in the picture book that came with the "Birth of Mewtwo" CD Drama or anything in any of the radio episodes in which the radio drama debuted that even hints at any of this.

Thanks for fixing the Bulbapedia article.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom