• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Mafia 2.0: Reinventing The Very Idea Of Mafia - ENDGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed Jamie not to be arrested to get the full win so I had no motive to not align with him. If i voted for Jamie I would just get the half win from my understanding.
Yeah but the other win was way easier...
Jamie’s role was OP.
A while ago you thought mafia could never win this... This was 100% Potato's mistake not guarding the forest tbh, he was informed since start mafia has interest in burning it. With better coordination in thread it should have been Eri visiting him then him staying there forever and be a 1x escapist PGO
The optimal play for Town would have been to lynch Day 1.
Not necessarily. Town should have coordinated night actions and self-exiles better. Town did not self-exile even once strategically, especially Calvin who knew he could perma die if kidnapped. He could go hospital and back all the time, but nah.
Thanks for hosting Zexy! Had a fun time.
Glad some people enjoyed it, at least you and Eri sure did. I am afraid it ended up being super boring for Minish and a bit frustrating for Human and Potato tho.

It was the only vanilla role in the entire game too.
Not exactly. You were the best commuter of all, had the forest burn which was major once the Forester is singled out and arrested/kidnapped, could order Human around, could save Human from arrest by guarding station next, could permakill Calvin... It was supposed to have maximum protection since arrest was game over.

it was messy because of the limited players.
I know :(

I expected more experimenting around without claims and less revealing entire role PMs. In retrospect I should have probably prohibited copypastes too, but I thought the wording was lax enough that everything was fakeable, and only screenshots and conversation formatting was a problem.

Basically the eventual swing WAS intended, but the balance was OK enough for both sides to have near equal chances of winning if running many simulations of the setup...

I actually did consider if all town kidnaps except Village Elder should have 10%, 50%, or 0% flee chance for a while (to counter unarrest or both escapists flipping sus too soon) , but considering no unarrests happened at all and no one was interested in actually keeping it going for more phases than necessary to test stuff, but instead wanted to massclaim and solve ASAP, I went with 0%. Considering both sides were desperate enough to consider it near mechanical impossible to win at some point, Jamie could hand a win over to 5/6 of the game, and after forgoing it Human had 50-50 chances of handing a win to any side, I do not believe the setup was inherently wrong.

The outcome was decided by each player's major correct plays and errors. Human and Jamie went for total win, Potato and Calvin blundered, Eri idled 3 times which was also frowned upon as I stated since Night 1 so loss is kinda deserved... I only feel really bad for Minish, she did not get a chance to actually play, Human set her up for failure... And to think I expected that role to be the actual focal point of the game since they did not know alignment :(

I am not going to pretend I did everything right as host. But I did make it very clear since start (way before rand) that the intention was an experimental game with experimental mechanics that should not be claim solved but instead be given time for things to naturally develop... This never happened because of some pairs trusting each other too much too soon, so the plan had to changed.

I am sorry if someone ended up not having fun with this game. I am not going to put crazy stuff in the queue for a while, I just wanted to restart hosting career with a bang, but for the foreseeable future I will just stick to MoDing and fine tuning other players' ideas (like Jamie's awesome Persona 3 project).

This experiment failed miserably I guess...
Question for everyone:

Would you all be interested in seeing Mafia 2.0 returning (not anytime soon, I swear! queue has better games up for now) with a much much simpler setup?

For the record, the setup was not an original idea, it was loosely based on season 2 of the Greek sitcom "Platanos what a great village" and particularly season 2 episodes 131-161, the whole premise of "gullible cop marries into mafia family, overhears everything, is hit on the head and wakes up with amnesia, which throws gentleman family subtlety out of the window and kickstarts the action so all objectives can happen before he can remember while they gaslight him hard" is from there. There were indeed arrests/kidnaps and no deaths. Forest was burned, Godmother was exposed and he did remember, but then everyone fled as losers (elder poisoning failed too).

Question for everyone:

Would you all be interested in seeing Mafia 2.0 returning (not anytime soon, I swear! queue has better games up for now) with a much much simpler setup?

For the record, the setup was not an original idea, it was loosely based on season 2 of the Greek sitcom "Platanos what a great village" and particularly season 2 episodes 131-161, the whole premise of "gullible cop marries into mafia family, overhears everything, is hit on the head and wakes up with amnesia, which throws gentleman family subtlety out of the window and kickstarts the action so all objectives can happen before he can remember while they gaslight him hard" is from there. There were indeed arrests/kidnaps and no deaths. Forest was burned, Godmother was exposed and he did remember, but then everyone fled as losers (elder poisoning failed too).
yes, i'd love to! (preferably with more players but)
i had a lot of fun, i'm glad i joined. i think i'm gonna be a new mainstay in here, just projecting

Yeah few players ruined this too tbh... There would be far more breathing room for actual experimentation if we had something like 11-12 as my first drafts were... Visits would be harder to pull off too, and town might have felt less fear of self-exiling.

Yeah totally, I loved how the game was already structured and I feel the game would have been a bit better with more players. The ideas of people having to find friends and fiances is a brilliant idea and works really well to connect the town in different ways.

Agreed, I did have fun to be fair, i'll take a little bit of pride in knowing I was at least half right on the baddies :p

I'd be down to play another one in the future

In regards to this, isn't that what experimenting is for though? At least most of the players would be down to play again, don't knock yourself for trying :)

Ok lol now i'm interested, that sounds like a fun watch

Thanks to the other players for the game and thankyou for hosting Zexy!

I would indeed be interested to see it returning, but I'd prefer if it kept a bit more of the core ideas of mafia and refined the mechanics. I can elaborate a bit on what I liked and what I disliked in the game, though.

Ok lol now i'm interested, that sounds like a fun watch
When they release English subtitles maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom