• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Championship Season 2 ~ Sign ups! OPEN (CLOSING 9PM GMT TONIGHT) 24/03/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrackFox

Mutha'uckas
Reaction score
Would you like to represent us in the Mafia Championship this year? Make sure you thoroughly read the post below before nominating yourself.

READ ME:

Hello guys.

If I'm posting this in the wrong place or if this is an unwanted post, I apologize and please of course feel free to delete it, but I'm very much hoping this will be interesting to you.

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 2

In 2013-2014 I hosted a Mafia Championship that featured more than 100 different players from more than 45 different werewolf/mafia communities. Each community chose their best player to represent them and they battled it out. The best players from the initial games advanced to a finale game where an ultimate winner was decided. The event was endorsed and supported by the creator of mafia himself (Dmitry Davidoff) who even offered to have a private chat with the ultimate winner. Overall it was a huge success and spawned many cross-over games between sites. I am hereby inviting your site to participate in season 2 :)

If you are interested, I need one representative to play on behalf of your community. How you decide this representative is completely up to you.

Now, this part is important: You should of course be aiming to send one of your best players. But more important than that, that person needs to be able to participate adequately in terms of activity. Be prepared for up towards 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. It could be of course that there isn't a person here who would be able to handle such activity in which case Bulbagarden unfortunately wouldn't be able to get represented, but I'm hopeful :).

More on the game format below.

The current plan for season 2

• 65 different communities will be represented.
• 1 player per community for the entire season (preferably).
• 5 qualifying games will be played with 13 players each.
• 2 players advance to the finale from each game based on post-game votes.
• 3 additional players are granted wildcard spots.

Game setup

The game will have a very basic mafia setup: 3 mafia members, 9 vanilla townies and 1 cop. The cop starts the game with a random vanilla townie peek. Roles revealed upon death.

Some communities are not very used to playing basic setups like this, but for the first season, we utilized a setup with a good share of power roles, so this time around we are trying something new. For season 3 we will switch it up again.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends). This means the game will last a maximum of 2 weeks.

Timeline

The first game is set to start April 6th. The other four games will take place in the 1-3 months after that. I will make a Doodle and find out the best times to start the 5 games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100 % guarantee that this won’t happen).

Links to season 1

Qualifying game #1 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Qualifying game #2 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Qualifying game #3 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Qualifying game #4 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Finale game: Ultimate Game of Mafia Champions - GAME THREAD - Puzzles and Other Games Forum

If you'd like to be considered for this just post below. If you like you can say a few words about why you think you'd be a good choice or if you want your reputation to do the talking just post to say you'd be up for it I guess :b

Try not to use this thread to recommend other people. You can tag people if you want to get their attention but this thread is primarily for people to put themselves forward. When sign ups close I will make a new thread with a poll which you can use to actually vote. Before entering consider any engagements you might have next month which may affect your activity levels. As stated in the OP by @Thingyman;, a relatively high activity level will be expected from you.

Last edited:
Re: Mafia Championship Season 2 ~ Sign ups! OPEN 23/03/15

Thanks to both Thingyman and Crackfox.

I'd like to put myself forward. I'm not into braggadocio, so unless anyone has questions for me, I'll say I've played since the beginning and would love to represent Bulbagarden.

I'll vouch for @Phoenicks; - break brains with your tl;dr, Nick!

but might I suggest some longtime greats such as @Paperhorse; and @Zenax;?

aka look at this thread and play the things you two ^^^

I'll vouch for @Phoenicks; - break brains with your tl;dr, Nick!

I'd like to but I know I'd have to drop out because it would be taking up too much of my time. I like to sleep sometimes.

Aww thanks! I appreciate that. I would love to represent Bulbagarden since it's been like my home on the internet for a long time now, however I just can't commit to it. So I wouldn't be a good choice.

I volunteer as tribute. :)

I can spend time on this and represent Bulbapedia. I'm willing to offer my time, but not my money, to help further The War Room and Bulbapedia. For example, I'm willing to research who else is playing, like this guy, and then stalk him by looking at his posts if allowed.

I am not the best player here, but not the worst, so I don't expect to win as there are others that seem more qualified, but good luck winning to everyone competing. :)

EDIT: Well, Midorikawa beat me to the punch.

@Thingyman; is there a community component? Like, would we be able to collab/help our rep if they ask for it of course?

@Thingyman; is there a community component? Like, would we be able to collab/help our rep if they ask for it of course?

BEFORE the game starts, sure. Meaning that you could help research the competitors and get an idea of their meta or whatever. But once the game starts, you can in no way help your representative - and you should also be refraining from openly speculating on roles and such in threads that other players in the game can see (we will have a Skype spectator chat that you guys could join if you wanted).

I'd like to but I know I'd have to drop out because it would be taking up too much of my time. I like to sleep sometimes.

Sleep is for the weak.

I'm not gonna volunteer because I kinda suck at mafia, and I like hosting much better, but I will vouch for @Midorikawa; and @Phoenicks;

I'd also like to nominate @HumanDawn;.

Last edited:

I'd like to join! I'm not sure what to say other than that as a representative I'd try to be more active than usual to catch up with the game, and of course try to win :3c.

I'd never be able to do it, but I'd happily vouch for any if the volunteers.

Very happy to see all the volunteers :)

It's very important, so I'll just stress this again: Please be prepared for the game being very, very active. Much more active than you're used to. There would potentially be 500 posts per day for the first few days. On the plus side, it's only a 13-man game and it lasts max 2 weeks, so the game would quickly dwindle down and become increasingly managable. But reading and posting a lot every day is very important. If any of you don't feel confident in fulfilling this high activity requirement, please let it be known :p

truuuu dat.

we have a lot of really excellent really veteran players that just won't be able to handle the activity level :<

Since we should really have a name by the end of the week i'm going to close this thread at 9PM GMT tonight. It will be replaced with the voting thread which will stay open until Thursday 6PM GMT to give users a good chance to vote. We should have a name by Thursday night! :)

If you are still undecided about putting your name forward make your mind up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom