• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Championship Season 4 - Bulbagarden Representative

Who would like to represent Bulbagarden in Season 4 of the Mafia Championship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hello, people of the War Room! On behalf of all the TWR staff I would like to convey this message brought by none else than the founder of Mafia Universe and host of the annual Mafia Championship, @Thingyman:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

We would all like to thank him dearly for giving our community the honor of participating in the biggest cross-community mafia event ever yet another year.

So, without further ado, we should decide on our representative! The process for selecting said representative for this year is as follows:

- This thread will first undergo a nomination phase that will end at 12 AM EST on Sunday, April 9th.
- Everybody can nominate themselves, but nominations must be seconded by another user, and can be diffused by the nominated user at any point if they so desire. There will be a list of the people who are not interested below.
- After the nomination phase is over, a poll will be created with all the nominees in it. Each player can give up to 2 votes; at 12 AM EST on Saturday, April 15th, the poll will close and the highest scorer will be our nominee, with the second-highest being the backup replacement.
- Only people who have played at least one completed mafia game from Gameshow Mafia onwards are eligible to participate or vote. Bulbagarden needs to be your homesite. You should also read the text in the link.

Best of luck to everybody interested! You may also want to check the discussion thread for the Championship in Mafia Universe: Season 4: The Time Is Now!

NOT INTERESTED:
Maniacal Engineer
Zexy
SoaringLooker
Max1996
CheffOfGames
Lone_Garurumon
Rainsquid

NOMINEES:
Midorikawa
HumanDawn
Elementar
MegaPod12
TheCapsFan
DrumBeats
FinalArcadia
Rainbow Cloud

Last edited:
As for my personal thoughts on this; being last year's representative I don't feel like getting nominated again, mostly so we send other people and because I wouldn't like to have to deal with that activity requirement again :) The activity requirements are indeed a bit high. Arguments get heated but never escalate in a way that breaks the game's integrity. You should also read the rules very carefully as there are some strict parts compared to what you're used to (mostly those related to angleshooting and talking about subs). TL;DR just read those links, it has everything you need to know honestly.

Keep in mind that the setup is NOC and Mountainous (no roles). At least whoever goes won't have to deal with things like romanov claiming Cop Day 1 with a Night 0 scum check (impossible) on someone who actually was scum :p If you need any sort of advice from a past rep feel free to ask! I can give you tips for writing interesting bios too

I'll second @HumanDawn and agree with Midorikawa. Both are very active and should be able to handle the requirements just fine, I have much faith in their reading/bluffing skills besides HD has tried twice before and was pretty close last year sorry for that.

FUN FACT: Last year's thread for this has also been posted in April 5th.

EDIT: You ninja, that's because I felt like posting something more

As for my personal thoughts on this; being last year's representative I don't feel like getting nominated again, mostly so we send other people and because I wouldn't like to have to deal with that activity requirement again :) The activity requirements are indeed a bit high.

This, I so agree on.

The tournament games hosted on MU require so much more activity it's immense. I've done it once and frankly couldn't keep up.

This is why I'll ask to be put on the not interested list.

Although, is that even necessary? What do you count as a home forum, sure FTB was my first, but nowadays BMG is my only forum and already was the one I'm most active at regardlessly

What do you count as a home forum, sure FTB was my first, but nowadays BMG is my only forum and already was the one I'm most active at regardlessly
I think the first forum you played lots of mafia games in, if you still occasionally play in it, would make for a good definition.
As you describe it I think BMG should count as your home by now.
There is no hard definition for it and several people who started off somewhere and ended up sticking more in MU or somewhere else (because of finding out about said other place through MU) have changed the sites they personally consider home.
The Mafia Championship rules themselves don't mind either especially since Mafia Universe itself gets a representative (it is very unlikely the MU rep would ever start playing there, considering how MU was created).

Good luck to all the nominees. Just trying to read it as a spectator last time was ridiculous.

Also @Zexy that scum that was fake-checked was the PC rep, lol.

Oh, I've been nominated. That's cool. Thankyou :)
I think Mido and HD are the best options. They're more skilled and very good at the game.

Also, who are regular members here but aren't eligible because this isn't their homesite?

Last edited:
Oh, I've been nominated. That's cool. Thankyou :)
I think Mido and HD are the best options. They're more skilled and very good at the game.

Also, who are regular members here but aren't eligible because this isn't their homesite?
me for one. But I don't have time anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom