• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia: The Gathering - Planechase (Endgame - Town Win)

The End of the Game
That morning, the Planeswalkers had found themselves on the yet-undiscovered plane of Bulbagarden. Still shooken from the loss of Rubik and their ability to walk - the very thing that made them planeswalkers - removed. They were trapped in a room with a cornered animal. They just didn't know who the animal was. And that frightened them more than anything else.
By this point there were four of them left.
Jinjo stood silent, his white-furred paws resting on either arm. He was unsure as to which of the walkers before them was the traitorous Bolas, and, despite having a leaning, chose to leave it up to his companions in the end. It was, in the mind of Ajani Goldmane, the right thing to do.
For the most part, the decision was truly left up to funnier6. He was very unsure. He was a man of hunting, a man of action, and generally dealing with people was a weak point for him. But he was still wise to the ways of nature, and even if he couldn't read words the best, he could read emotion. He could tell truth. Or, at least... so he believed. He stroked his mighty beard, looking back and forth between the two remaining walkers.
ExLight had begun raving like a madman. This was nothing new to him - he had once carried a title that labeled him as such. But, after the death of the Spirit Dragon and watching his allies die one by one, and now threatened because of his previous history of working for the God-King, he wasn't going to go down without a fight. Fire shined in his eyes as he made his case, and in the end, he was able to win over funnier to his side.
MinishLink was the one who was to die.

"So" Minish said, "You really think it's me?"
"It's the only option," Jinjo admitted.
"As mad as Ex seems, I feel there's truth in his statements," funnier agreed.
"IT WAS YOU THE ENTIRE TIME!" Ex screamed, "DON'T LIE TO ME DRAGON!"
Minish shook his head disdainfully, "I guess there's no reason to keep this up much longer," the formerly human form in front of them collapsed on the spot, and from that point raised a ferocious beast. A massive brown dragon stood above them, bemused by their shock, "I was so close too. How... disappointing," he raised his hand in the air as mana began to form around it, "Prepare to die."
The three walkers took him on as one. Ajani lept at him with a massive, dual-bladed axe, fangs bared.
Sarkan Vol summoned the last of Ugin's power, firing bolts of Spirit Breath at their great foe.
Garruk Wildspeaker summoned the local wildlife to his aid, though they were quite different from what he expected. Instead of deer, wolves, or even togs, came creatures that seemed to be part plant themselves.
"Venasaur!" one yelled, whipping its vines at the dragon.
"Greninja!" cried another, throwing a watery star at their foe.
And one more, a light purple creature of unidentifiable origin floating above the rest, its eyes glowing.
"No!" Bolas yelled as he felt his power leave him, "NOOOOO!"
Minish Link has died.
They were Nicol Bolas, a Colorless walker and the final member of the Mafia
The town wins!

THE LIVING (3)

1. @funnier6 - Garruk Wildspeaker, a Green walker aligned with the town.
  2. @Jinjo - Ajani Goldmane, a White walker aligned with the town.
  3. @ExLight - Sarkhan Vol, a Red/Green walker aligned with the town.
THE DEAD (8)
  • @Doctor Floptopus - Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, a Blue/Black Walker and a member of the mafia
  • @Spiritual Mask Salesman - Jace Beleren, a Blue Walker aligned with the town
  • @DarkGodRasul - Ral Zarek, a Red/Blue Walker aligned with the town
  • @Midorikawa - Sorin Markov, a White/Black Walker aligned with the town
  • @Silverfish - Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, a Colorless Walker aligned with the town
  • @ZinnLav - Liliana Vess, a Black Walker aligned with the town
  • @Doc 2.0 - Vraska, the Unseen, a Black/Green Walker and a member of the mafia
  • @Rubik - Chandra Nalar, a Red Walker aligned with the town.
  • @Minish - Nicol Bolas, a Colorless walker and the final member of the Mafia

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thanks for playing everyone! It was a lot of fun bringing back this setup, and I was happy with how it played out! Right down to the last man!
Role PMs and Night Actions will come soon

Thank goodness!

Mafia medium? Really people. Why was Zinn a suspect after that.

@ExLight Good job! I felt so bad for you dealing with all that. Though I will say getting modkilled to prove Minish was mafia would have been oddly appropriate with your avatar. Wrong but appropriate.

@DekuNut Thanks for hosting an amazing game.

I like also just realized town could have no lynched to eliminate another member. But Minish probably would have killed Jinjo and it would have been light vs Minish still.

@DekuNut , thank you for hosting and having me. It was a very unique game. I might steal portions for my own games later.

Ex, thank you for being a good neighbour. Congrats on the final solve!

And to minish, that was very well played. A bit of a shock when I found out, but it did make a certain amount of sense in hindsight.

Congrats to town!

I almost hammered ExLight and after having to read his defense and his town case again I had to pause and I figured he is town.

Attachments

• 1577948944769.png
    1577948944769.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 76
Town Role PMs
The Town
Initial Role PM:
1577949007725.png

Transformed State:
1577949339340.png

He would also come with the added caveat that his new wincon is to kill Lilliana Vess/Zinn (or, if she's dead by the point he turns, a random player is rolled). If he has part in that player's death, either by lynch or nightkill, he gains an extra kill the next night phase and is considered to have met his victory condition.
1577949039212.png
1577949104147.png
1577949144705.png
1577949166232.png
1577949187139.png
1577949267438.png
1577949253937.png
1577949231516.png

That was stressful.
Like why did nobody find it suspect when I confirmed my medium by providing information only Mido had and then Minish claimed to have killed me and I did indeed flip medium, nobody found that odd? Especially with no other kills that night?
Funnier not voting for Minish because "It's Minish" was annoying to watch too, don't trust others smh

Watching that back and forth was pretty stressful. Holy moly.

That was stressful.
Like why did nobody find it suspect when I confirmed my medium by providing information only Mido had and then Minish claimed to have killed me and I did indeed flip medium, nobody found that odd? Especially with no other kills that night?
Funnier not voting for Minish because "It's Minish" was annoying to watch too, don't trust others smh
Honestly, the main reason I didn't feel like I could trust you was that you got your colors wrong. If you'd immediately said you were mono black I'd have only said you had a chance of being scum if doc had flipped bolas.

Minish did actually kill using my ability that night. Still not fully sure why there was only one kill that night.

Also, the only time I've used a spirit medium role in a game, I made it a scum role, so I wouldn't say it's a good indication of alignment.

--

Cool setup, Deku.

it's a really easy claim tbh
the whole color mess didn't make it any easier either

He legit proved it. I provided him with so many ways to prove it including changing my avatar.
Also, the only time I've used a spirit medium role in a game, I made it a scum role, so I wouldn't say it's a good indication of alignment.
I’ve never seen it mafia aligned. Heck I’ve rarely even seen it on here. The only time I can remember was an ace attorney mafia. I think.

He legit proved it. I provided him with so many ways to prove it including changing my avatar.

I’ve never seen it mafia aligned. Heck I’ve rarely even seen it on here. The only time I can remember was an ace attorney mafia. I think.
I consider it good design to give scum abilities that would be useful for town so that they can pretend to be contributing.

It was kind of a red flag that Zinn was nk'd over Doc, imo, but I still considered it pretty reasonable. Messing up on the color thing really triggers my Lynch All Liars reflex and it just as easily could have been a scum Liliana that got caught fake claiming and then realized they could get away with claiming their actual character because their alignment was more ambiguous than they thought.

Only one kill happened that night because I had the ability affect the night kill rather than come in in addition to it, because two night kills for the mafia, even temporarily, are a little much.

Only one kill happened that night because I had the ability affect the night kill rather than come in in addition to it, because two night kills for the mafia, even temporarily, are a little much.
It’s too bad you said they had the ability you have to do it

flips table

It’s too bad you said they had the ability you have to do it

flips table
They still got to use the ability. I never promised a second kill, just the ability to use whatever ability they got. And she definitely got a chance to use that ability. I still dont see why you have such a big issue with this.

Mafia doesn’t get to use a strongman kill in addition to their regular. Greek Fire on the meditation was not just a strongman automatically but like a strongman, it was stronger than a normal kill.

it’s completely up to the host to treat it like a strongman kilL.

Back
Top Bottom