• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 3 - The fall of the Knight [6-25-13]

Since voting someone like Phoenicks or Buoy will get us nowhere how about putting pressure on someone else like:

VOTE: Nytie
@Nytie; You chose to lead a lynch on an inactive rather than choose someone else amongst the ones that were being voted that phase. In other words it was a neutral stance and avoided taking sides.

Lynching people like Phoenicks, me, jda, buoy or even people like froakie or gliscorman would do a lot more info-wise than lynching someone like Nytie. And since I kinda killed the cop it's pretty much the only way we can get info right now.

At least she put a vote up.

Vote: Faerie

You didn't say anything that hasn't already been said -- your post felt a bit safe and stale. Do you have anything else to add?

Okay, first off, I apologize in advance for the fact that this post is maybe going to be a wall of text, but here we go.

First off, I am going to talk about my ability. Every night, I can choose a person to "hide behind". I am only affected by abilities targeted at this person, but if the person I hide behind is mafia, I will be killed.

On Night 1, I didn't use my ability. Last night, I hid behind Harpy. As you can see, I am not dead, which means that Harpy cannot be mafia.

As of now, I am going to announce in the thread who I will hide behind each night. That way, If I am dead in the morning, then the remaining town members will know the person I hid behind is mafia. I am open to suggestions on who you guys think I should hide behind.

Edit: @Harpy; I wasn't the first person to vote J J M on Day 2 :I

Last edited:

^ That's a great role if you're telling the truth. If the mafia kills you, unless there is a vigilante or a serial killer or something the number of kills should only be one. So we shouldn't get any confusions on whether you died by hiding behind someone etc. etc.

However, if the mafia has a roleblocker, they could just continue to roleblock you everynight, meaning you would theoretically be 'clearing' even mafia members.

^ That's a great role if you're telling the truth. If the mafia kills you, unless there is a vigilante or a serial killer or something the number of kills should only be one. So we shouldn't get any confusions on whether you died by hiding behind someone etc. etc.

However, if the mafia has a roleblocker, they could just continue to roleblock you everynight, meaning you would theoretically be 'clearing' even mafia members.

If Phoenicks was notified that Harpy stole his role, then I assume that I'd be told if I got roleblocked.

@Nytie; I saw people saying that you were so I got from that.

@HumanDawn; I have still have two shots left. Anyways even though I just have to survive it would be boring to sit around and watch the game with occasional posts to avoid subbing out and since I can't ally with mafia since there are no outside communications then town is the only choice.

@GliscorMan; If I was roleblocked, how does that make the roleblocker town? Also just because Buoy knows nothing about what happened doesn't mean that either of us is lying.

@Mijzelffan; You suggested people to lynch but yet you didn't vote anyone. Why?

@Buoy; I tried to steal it so that if you came up something like strongman then I could tell the thread and have you lynched.

@Froakie; If Nytie gets roleblocked then they will be told.

Anyways Mijz said something interesting. I said last day phase that either Phoenicks or Mijz are most likely mafia but not both and since Phoenicks can't be lynched:

UNVOTE: Nytie
VOTE: Mijzelffan

You didn't say anything that hasn't already been said -- your post felt a bit safe and stale. Do you have anything else to add?

Not particularly. I don't really have a clear read on anyone right now. I understand that you have been against Harpy since the beginning, but I'm a little skeptical of Buoy and jda being so aggressive towards her.

Okay, first off, I apologize in advance for the fact that this post is maybe going to be a wall of text, but here we go.

First off, I am going to talk about my ability. Every night, I can choose a person to "hide behind". I am only affected by abilities targeted at this person, but if the person I hide behind is mafia, I will be killed.

On Night 1, I didn't use my ability. Last night, I hid behind Harpy. As you can see, I am not dead, which means that Harpy cannot be mafia.

As of now, I am going to announce in the thread who I will hide behind each night. That way, If I am dead in the morning, then the remaining town members will know the person I hid behind is mafia. I am open to suggestions on who you guys think I should hide behind.

Edit: @Harpy; I wasn't the first person to vote J J M on Day 2 :I

Not sure I like the plan's publicity, oh well. There are lots of ways it could go wrong (especially if mafia kill your target). Still, may help.

Is your target open to discussion? I'd ask for Froakie, Jda95, or Buoy. They're not scummy enough for a lynch but getting clearance on any could be exposing.

Not particularly. I don't really have a clear read on anyone right now. I understand that you have been against Harpy since the beginning, but I'm a little skeptical of Buoy and jda being so aggressive towards her.

Do you have any opinions or thoughts on any of the ongoing debates? Even if you're only repeating others' opinions (please try not to), anything you have to say is valuable.

Are there any players you think are probably town, or especially helping town? Any posts you would definitely agree with or oppose? Is there a player you think hasn't been saying enough?

@Harpy; is the target of your ability also open for discussion?

(You're still an independent. But. I'm more okay with this now.)

I can see Nytie's plan going more wrong than right. If they don't get hit with a nightkill straight up the mafia will either constantly or strategically roleblock to make the role useless - because ultimately it's a more risky cop and something they'd want eliminated immediately. This'd be a great role in a game with outside communications but in a NOC game, it necessitated announcing the plan to everyone and I can't see it working too well for anyone unfortunately.

I can see Nytie's plan going more wrong than right. If they don't get hit with a nightkill straight up the mafia will either constantly or strategically roleblock to make the role useless - because ultimately it's a more risky cop and something they'd want eliminated immediately. This'd be a great role in a game with outside communications but in a NOC game, it necessitated announcing the plan to everyone and I can't see it working too well for anyone unfortunately.

I agree completely with this statement. Because the real cop is dead, they are almost guaranteed use the roleblock on Nytie, because it's less risky than roleblocking a random person every night. I'm assuming Nytie will most likely get doctor protection from now on, but we can't be putting all of our eggs in one basket with this.

@Phoenicks; Of course it is. What exactly about it would you like to discuss?

Who have you considered targeting?

Those who have been top suspects of mine. I was figuring that finding out Buoy's ability may give me a better read on several alignments since in thread interaction can go from that if the ability is obvious like a doc role. However I am contemplating choosing an inactive tonight to see if they are mafia flying under the radar assuming the ability isn't a strange one.

@Harpy;

You're right, it would be boring to do nothing. You want to have as much fun as you can, and backstabbing the Town last minute would help achieve that. I don't have plans to lynch you because if the Town killed almost all the Mafia I'm sure you'd join in in getting the last. NoC isn't really an excuse when near the end of the game you could ally with them better and win.

So now we have Harpy's role stealing ability that may or may not help us, Hitomi's Cop checks, and now Nytie's claimed ability that can help us find Mafia. There's a lot of room for failure, especially with a Roleblocker apparently and the Nightkill. We'd have to be incredibly lucky to get all 3 to work. If we luckily lynched a Mafia Roleblocker today, things would be easier.

I agree that my plan is very risky, but I'd rather announce it now than accidentally hit a mafia player and get killed without any of the rest of the town knowing the reason. Unfortunately, I don't think I would have been able to contribute much without a lot of suspicion if I didn't reveal my ability. Also yes, my target is open to discussion.

I'm still rereading the thread. I'm planning on pulling an all nighter to catch up ><.

I've noticed from checking the amount of posts somebody has that @Chronos; @♦Wallflower♦; and @GengarWithSunglasses; haven't posted in ages. What gives?

Hey guys, I have summer break now so I won't be as busy with school. I'm going to try to make a suspect list right now and catch up.

Vote Count:

Faerie: 1 (Phoenicks)
Mijzelffan: 1 (Harpy)

A little under 5 hours until the update.

@Buoy; I tried to steal it so that if you came up something like strongman then I could tell the thread and have you lynched.

ok, just answer to a part of my post. thank u

Anyways Mijz said something interesting. I said last day phase that either Phoenicks or Mijz are most likely mafia but not both and since Phoenicks can't be lynched:

UNVOTE: Nytie
VOTE: Mijzelffan

>"mijz said something interesting"
>"doesnt say what it is"

looks like you're a bit thirsty for a lynch; you don't even care who it is. as well as that, it'd be amazing if you could link to the post where you said that 'phoenicks and mijz are most likely mafia, but not together', because i can't find it. besides that, they can probably be both mafia, or both town, or whatever -- the alignment that one flips is not going to prove the other's, and you really just want a lynch on somebody. you've voted to 'put pressure' on someone for trying to lynch an inactive, when the only other options that day were you and phoenicks, if i remember correctly. would you have preferred nytie to vote for you? considering that you apparently could not be lynched yesterday, then if (s)he had voted you, it would have been a wasted day phase. (s)he clearly had no strong opinions on the lynch options that day, so going for inactive -- which was, in fact, phoenicks' plan the day before, afaik -- is not a bad thing.

besides that, what's up with phoenicks' power? you're saying now he can't be lynched today? i thought your steal lasted until you had stole a power from another player or something? you couldn't be lynched yesterday because you had his power, and now he can't be lynched today because apparently he's got his power back? to be honest, i really don't believe your claim. what i personally think is that you and phoenicks are both scum together. i don't think phoenicks ever actually lost his ability to you, tbh. i think that, seeing as you knew his ability, you could claim what you did claim; phoenicks couldn't be lynched even if he tried, and people weren't going to try and lynch you based on your claim. phoenicks was probably reluctant to vote you (even though he said 'i would be lynched instead if i voted for harpy') because of the fact that he's scum with you, and looked for another person to try and lynch to try and get the heat off you -- since your claim is, imo, a fakeclaim, you could have been lynched yesterday, but weren't. the fact that you were unsuccessful in 'stealing' my role backs up the theory that you're fakeclaiming, to be honest -- because you don't actually know my role because we're not mafia together (unlike you and phoenicks), you can't claim to steal it and know what it is, like you did with phoenicks.

but what about nytie's claim? s(he) claims that you're not mafia because s(he) used his/her ability on you and didn't die. while i can't really discern what's lies and what's truth, we can prove her claim by lynching you, and we can also probably prove or disprove my theory, too. this way, we'll either have a dead independent and two verified roles (we will be able to believe nytie's role at least, and we will know that phoenicks' role is probably true from that), or a dead mafia member and two probable other mafiosi that we can freely lynch.

sooo

vote: harpy.

if anyone has any better ideas, please speak up.

edit: oh yeah and if we lynch u and u turn out to be mafia that will probs semi-clear me too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom