• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 9 - No summoning here, I'm afraid [7-20-13]

@Pokemaster97, can you send an invention to Hitomi, Soulmaster, or I. You choose which one of us.

Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 9 - No summoning here, I'm afraid [7-20-13]

He had some idea of what was coming, but he didn't expect it so late. Running and evasion were his main techniques for most of the game, and they had served to his favor well. That is, until this night.

The dark night before him was an unnaturally quiet one. Regardless of that, he leaned against a nearby wall and sighed. His head dropped for a second before he placed it back up.

In most cases, the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak. His eyes dropped for ten minutes. It was the last time they would drop.

Phoenicks was killed. He was allied with the Heroes.

Phoenicks,

You are Crow Hogan, from the anime series Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

300px-Crow.PNG
"Darkened gales, become the wings which will soar to the heavens! Synchro summon! Black Feather - Armored Wing!

You were orphaned as a child. As such, you were reduced to wandering around Satellite. However, you learned to read and calculate via Duel Monsters. You chose to devote yourself to taking care of other orphaned children. This did not come without work, as you ended up stealing cards from the police for the children. The yellow marks on your face - which are given to criminals - shows how many times you were caught as a criminal. However, you are a loyal friend to your loved ones, and a skilled duelist.

A skilled duelist, you make great use of all cards. One of the feared cards is the Black Thunder, which reflects damage to your opponent. Hence, you are the vote reflector. Post in the quicktopic Vote Reflection - Day X and all votes on you will be bounced back to the offenders.
This can be activated only once.

You are allied with the Heroes. Defeat the Villains to win.

It is now Day 10. Phase ends either on July 24 at 10pm or when majority is reached.

I'm a bit curious why mafia chose Phoenicks to kill tonight. Interesting.

Well, I watched Buoy and obviously the mafia didn't target him for anything (guess I'm only going to get lucky once in this game). Did anyone get an invention from Pokemaster though?

Haha, good game everyone. Thanks for hosting and running things Parma, Paperhorse, and Zenax.

EDIT: Oh, what am I saying, good luck town.

Last edited:
That was an interesting mafia choice considering he was the most likely target to get lynched.

So the remaining players are:

Soulmaster; Lover role. Claims vanilla.
Buoy; Died and came back alive. No night kill the night he died. Came back a few phases later.
DrumBeats; Doctor, targeted by FA a mafia.
Harpy; Indep
jda95; Negates night actions.
Pokemaster97; Sends inventions
Hitomi; Watcher. Cleared by being revived.

Pokemaster has notably, and correct me if I'm wrong, inventions that can be proven to mafia. Miss Mew most likely died from hers and FA's ability explains Oswin surviving the lynch and the invention how Human and I both we're roleblocked.

vote: jda95.

probably our best bet. everyone else (except me i guess) has been quasi-cleared in one way or another.

in case it helps to clear me, i'm nathan drake from uncharted.

Um, I haven't gotten anything in terms of an invention. I just double checked and nope, still nothing. So um, unless there is still a role-blocker out there I'm leaning towards Pokemaster.

Well if Soulmaster didn't get my invention, I assume I was role-blocked, but I didn't receive a notification of any sort that that I was. Why would I lie about giving Soulmaster an invention when I know he could easily oust me if I were? Can anyone who has been role-blocked before confirm if they get a notification when they're night action cannot be performed?

@Paperhorse; @Zenax; @Parma; Are we allowed to post a copy/paste of QT's?

@Pokemaster97; considering many other players have already done so and not been modkilled, i would assume that you're allowed.

Below is a C/P of my QT. There it shows me sending an invention to Soulmaster.

Pokemaster97Person was signed in when posted
07-21-2013
08:52 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Send invention to Soulmaster (1)
07-03-2013
02:18 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Send invention to Miss Mew (4)
06-28-2013
11:06 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Send invention to Nytie (5)
06-21-2013
12:36 PM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Send invention to Oswin (2)
PanuPerson was signed in when posted
06-09-2013
08:53 PM ET (US)
Hello. You may only send your night actions within this quicktopic.

hours into the future, but not enough to be a nuisance...

One by one, all of the remaining looked at their target with ease. "There he is!"

He, or rather the it, was tired as all hell. It was an alien feeling, for him to tire out while evading the people that had eagerly wanted them dead. But they had defied his cloaking long enough.

Only a couple had spoken for the planned demise, but their voices were enough.

jda95 was lynched. He was allied with the Villains.

jda95,

You are Predator from the Predator series

predator.jpg
"What the hell are *you*?"

You're ugly mother-Never mind. Point is, you are one sneaky alien. Hell, you would've even gotten to take out every damn human somewhere in South America. That didn't work in your favor. Regardless, you love a good hunt.

A notable strength of yours is sneakiness. You can cloak and use the surroundings to your advantage.

Two times in the game, you get to evade actions. Post Night X - Cloak in the quicktopic and all actions used against you will not work for that phase.

You are allied with the Villains. You win when you outnumber the Heroes.

As the last one bit the dust, the rest of them looked upon each other. It was one of those surreal feelings that had overcame them. But soon, nobody else came forward to meet the lynch mob.

"I guess this is over, then."

One more moment of silence overtook them all.

"Whoo-hoo!"

=>

Buoy has won the game. He was allied with the Heroes.

Buoy,

You are Nathan Drake, from the Uncharted video game series.

drakemafia.jpg
Y'know, people are always telling me how lucky I am. But the truth is, everything I touch turns to shit.

As a self-titled successor to 16th century’s sea captain, privateer and navigator Francis Drake, you are a treasure hunter, a fortune seeker, a competent wrestler and a professional thief. You regularly seem to find yourself in improbable and dangerous situations, but you also always manage to find a way out of your predicaments, no matter how impossible they may seem.

Because of your ability to always get out of trouble, if you are killed or lynched, you will disappear for two phases and then come back to the game. This is a 1-shot ability.

DrumBeats has won the game. He was allied with the Heroes.

DrumBeats,

You are Simon the Digger, from the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

simongurrenlagann.png
Don’t underestimate us. We don’t care about time or space or multidimensional whatevers. We don’t give a damn about that. Force your way down a path you choose to take and do it all yourself. That’s the way team Dai-Gurren rolls!

You are a young boy hailing from the underground Giha village, where you hide with your people from the Gunmen (giant mechas) that roam the surface, under the lie that the surface does not exist. However, your monotonous trail of life was turned upside down when you found a mecha - Lagann - you made your own, which allowed you to escape. Lagann turned out to posses the ability to take control of other mechas, no matter how big.

Due to Lagann’s ability, you may summon a gigantic mecha every night to protect a person of your choice from the mafia kill.

Hitomi has won the game. She was allied with the Heroes.

Hitomi,

You are Jimmy Olsen, from the Superman comics and the television show Smallville.

sm08-aa-0002_zps89799aaf.jpg

“Some secrets are better kept.“

Originally appearing in the Superman comics, you are a photojournalist who works for the newspaper The Daily Planet. You have a close friendship with Clark Kent, but you are blissfully unaware of who Clark Kent really is. You also provide helpful information to Superman when he is trying to catch villains. On Smallville, you are portrayed as a young photographer with a lot of potential.

Since you are a skilled photographer, every night you may take a picture of a user, and you will see if someone visited that user that night. Post the phrase Visit: user in the quicktopic.

Pokemaster97 has won the game. He was allied with the Heroes.

Pokemaster97,

You are Hubert Farnsworth from the cartoon Futurama.

farnsworth.jpg
"Good news everyone! I'm sending you on an extremely controversial mission!"

You are a scientist, albeit deluded and incompetent. You also own a mediocre delivery service called Planet Express, where you send your crewpeople on dangerous missions.

However, in your spare time, you are also an inventor! Granted, most of your resulting work is mostly nonfunctional but who cares?

You are the inventor. You can send an invention to someone during the night phase, but you may only use this ability five times during the game. Post in the quicktopic Send invention to USER and include a number from 1 through 5.

However, you will not know what invention you sent. Think carefully.

Soulmaster has won the game. He was allied with the Heroes.

Soulmaster,

You are Tavros Nitram, from the webcomic Homestuck

As10.png

AT: i DON'T THINK i WILL GIVE INTO BAD SELF ESTEEM THIS TIME ABOUT THIS,
AT: iT'S IMPORTANT TO STAY CONFIDENT ABOUT STUFF, DON'T YOU AGREE,

You are a connoisseur of roleplaying games. Everywhere you turn, a game lies in wait for you to take part. You are also an avid dreamer and long for the night that Pupa Pan comes and takes you away to a magical land full of fun and adventure.

You must find the character Vriska Serket. Even though her mannerisms of treating you are bizarre, you always end up going back to her, one way or another. Post in the quicktopic Check: User to look for her.

Harpy has won the game. She was allied with herself

Harpy,

You are The Man in Black, from the TV show Lost.

maninblack320.jpg
I could kill you and every single one of your friends and there’s not a thing you can do to stop me.

You were once an inhabitant of the island, where you lived with your mother and your brother. After an encounter with the heart of the island, you were transformed into a smoke monster, a living cloud of black smoke, which allowed yourself to manifest as deceased individuals.

Because you can take the form of whoever you choose, you also obtain their abilities. As such, three times during the game, you may select a player and use their ability once.

You are allied with yourself. To win, survive until the end of the game.

Thanks for playing. All of you have made an impact.

Huzzah! Town victory! Good job rest of town and thanks for hosting, hosts :)

Good game everyone! It was a very well hosted game with lots of nice twists, fun debates and drama. I'm glad I got to be the hero I wanted to be the most. Thank you.

Congratulations, town and Harpy!

I had a great time after subbing in, and even though we didn't win, it was a very fun game to be mafia in! (especially being a character from one of my favorite video games)

Thank you for hosting, Paperhorse, Zenax, and Parma!

Well, what can I say. I was right about Jda but wrong about everyone else.

Anyways, good job town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom