• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafiaholics Anonymous Game Over: Funnier is Dead

Aw heckles, I was writing that post for the last half hour and two people dropped a vote on me in the meantime? Ughh, I guess I gotta be a hypocrite and defend myself, because now I have a good reason to do so.

Vote: Obligated Suffering

Imagine receiving votes because people disagree with your mafia ideology. There is definitely scum on my wagon, but I've been the only person providing consistent content that I don't think I can narrow it down at this time.

However, there IS somebody who I (actually) have high confidence with being scum, and I voted for them earlier on in my post. While I don't like Hamtaro's slot, I will agree that I was blowing up a post out of proportion, and I can agree that I was tunneling a bit too hard. However, after leaving for the night just to find out that a mysterious wagon appeared on me, I was disappointed to see that my eagerness to progress the events of the Day (which I may remind everybody ends in 1 hour) resulted in negative consequences on my end for trying.

Alright, enough anecdotes. I was planning on iso'ing OS because this slot has done nothing for town over the course of the game. Here are all of the quotes, up until 3 HOURS FROM THE END OF THE DAY!!!

Vote: SexyScumLord
That post sounds familiar...

RVS Vote. I'm giving a by here.

Question for the table: are you a left sock or a right sock?

Random question, call it a joke if you want. Once again giving it a by, but was it in attempt to derail the thread?

This is the perfect game for drunk posting
I'm doing it as well

Joke. No content or reads so far.

Gotcha
Unvote

I hypothesized a posting restriction, and then unvotes to stay out of the votecount limelight.

Correct, it was because of the post restriction. My initial vote was because of the exact repetition. I now know why it is that's happening, so there's no reason to keep that vote.

Of course, we all know that real socks can go on either foot, so it doesn't matter...
Vote: Lurking til Endgame
FoS: funniers 1-5

A posting restriction means absolutely nothing about somebody's alignment, so that never should have been an argument. Follows with ANOTHER joke vote, but this time there is no excuse as anybody who has been active has placed their votes on reasonable candidates such as Hamtaro or I.

It's joking yeah.

Why.

Anyway, that's where I'm coming from. This is slot is far more problematic than Hamtaro was, who did redeem themselves for now with their most recent post. If we're going to go this route, we better make a decision quick. I swear if y'all dip with 50 minutes to go I am going to be upset slightly disappointed. (cuz itz a gaem)

A townie can have a good defense, and that is called self-preservation
A townie can have a good defense, and this is different from self-preservation*

I mixed up what I wanted to say here. My definition of self-preservation is playing in a manner to make it to the endgame. Unfortunately for town, there are several logistical faults with this due to the NK's. I don't consider defense to be "self-preservation", as that devalues the arguments brought up in the defense as a "means to live another day", and doesn't say much about the truth of what was being said. Defenses have evidence in the form of PR results, correct reads in the past, promises, etc. Self-preservation removes any level of helpful play, as it allows the one who only wishes to preserve themselves to scoot through the days, do little, and attract small amounts of attention.

I'm sorry that this wasn't made clear sooner. I was trying to get this point across and was really confused about why I was being misinterpreted. Hopefully this clears up the air with 25 minutes left to go.

I don't agree with Hamtaro redeeming themselves. But I also don't think they had anything to redeem for in the first place.

I do agree that OS might be problematic; but so are all the others who aren't voting or are still on joke wagons.

Lurking Until Endgame and SexyScumLord caught my attention since, if I recall correctly, they commented outside the RVS but aren't collaborating with town to pick a lynch. I'm fine with starting a surprise wagon on them to see if they're lurking.

I removed my vote earlier, but I'm actually scumreading LynchMe.
They seemed to be interested in promoting discussion but didn't even move their RVS vote. Not only that, but fake claimed to have a result. Even as a joke, that can cause misunderstanding and mislead, which is pretty scummy and easy to dismiss.

Vote: LynchMe

LynchMe posts for reference.

I wonder if one of those players who have the name scum or mafia in it are scum. There is around 3 of those players with those names. From what I remember, scum like to stay in rvs for the whole day 1. If we see anyone who still leaves their rvs vote by the end of day 1 then I'm thinking one of them could be scum.

Vote: hamtaro

I think I found a guilty on this person.

Voting pattern can be good catching the second and third scum when the first scum gets lynched. I have also seen scum doing distancing with their scum buddy and those are the kind of scum players who always confuse me.

This was my rvs vote. I'm also the type of player who gets suspicious on a player when I see them leave their rvs vote at the end of day 1 since I have sometimes caught scum do this before.

Post 1 is null for me, Post 2 I don't necessarily have a problem with, as it did help get the game out of RVS as quickly as it did (and needed to be). I can't support a LynchMe lynch because the top half of Post 3 actually shows a willingness to help out town, which OS cannot demonstrate with their posts thus far.

I'm not a fan of last minute votes and I did scum read Hamtaro.
Hey ExDark are you still there?

Ye?

top half of Post 3 actually shows a willingness to help out town
top half of Post 3 actually shows a willingness to contribute meaningful content*

Wanted to clarify because the post as a whole doesn't necessarily notify me of either town or scum. I'm dead null on this case.

Would you like to help me build a wagon on SexyScumLord? I'm not townreading them. I can case them but there's not enough time and I don't want to lynch you.

The whole vote switch happened way too fast for me when I came back and I thought Hamtaro was scum who was getting saved by scum.

I completely 180'ed but I don't feel like dying D1. With that it's twilight. I will be dead on D2 if mafiosloth is not ExLight.

Unvote

Vote: SexyScumLord

Just in case anyways but I think I got lynched anyways.

I'm down to do SSL, but I trust Unvote FAR more than I trust LynchMe hopping in with a couple minutes to spare.

Back
Top Bottom