• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafiaholics Anonymous Game Over: Funnier is Dead

Unvote
Vote: SexyScumLord

Fair enough, but I think funnier was counting the votes without the unvote. I usually unvote if don't plan on placing a vote immediately after.

My role is useless anyways since I'll get nightkilled or roleblocked. I did start to scum read Hamtaro later on which is why I left my vote on him and I didn't think it would be necessary if I came and said I am now scum reading Hamtaro.

For the record day ended fifteen minutes ago

Will count votes shortly

SSL post dump, let's see where all the problems are for D2.

Vote: LynchMe

Your name says it all.

Copy

I'm doing it as well

Copy

I'm confident that SSL has a posting restriction where they can only echo what other players have previously posted.

Unvote
Vote: LynchMe

Copy

Generally speaking as a vanilla townie you'd rather the death of any other player than yourself, since any other player has a much higher chance of being mafia, and the death of a mafia is worth a lot more to town than the death of a power role is to mafia.

thats my take anyways. Its probably true that in practice some gamestates justify sacrifice, but thats probably more often true for scum than for town (where bussing is a legitimate maneuver).

Vanilla townies also probably generally rather the death of themselves over the death of any other town player, although the lynch doesn't exclusively target town-players so vanilla townies should probably self-preserve wrt the lynch.

Response to me. It isn't a bad response by all means, and shows that SSL has a good amount of knowledge about the game (but this is anonymous, so maybe it's just an act?). However, this post can be made from either a town or scum, so this slot isn't terribly helpful either, especially when they are going to feign a posting restriction early game and just break character after it gets noticed.

Luckily, this whole thing is anonymous, so I can be a lil bit more critical.

Night 1 begins: LynchMe was lynched
Day 1 Final Vote Count

Lynch Me (4) (SSL, Evenstar, Unvote, ExDark)
SexyScumLord (1) (funniers 1-5)
funnier 1-5 (2) (defnotafunnieralt, Hamtaro)
Hamtaro (1) (LynchMe)
ExDark (3) (TNaSK, mafiosloth, MafiaExponent)
Lurking til endgame (1) Obligated Suffering

(Sorry y'all, kinda had a rough day)

The group gathered for a bonding activity. Each of them took turns falling backwards and the rest of the group would catch them. This went on well, until LynchMe's turn. When LynchMe fell backward, the group angled a sword to catch them instead. Trust... is a very dangerous thing in mafia.

LynchMe was lynched (lol) They were Jinjo, masquerading as Contrainer, the 2x Town Jailkeeper

Night 1 begins and will end tomorrow Tuesday the 14th at 8 pm CST. Please send in all night actions before then.

Yet to OD:
  1. @Sock:TotalyNotASrialKilla
  2. @Sock: defnotafunnieralt6
  3. @Sock: funniers1-5
  4. @Sock: Evenstar
  5. @Sock: ExDark
  6. @Sock: Obligated Suffering
  7. @Sock: Mafia Exponent
  8. @Sock: hamtaro
  9. @Sock: SexyScumLord
  10. @Sock: mafiosloth
  11. @Sock: Lurking til Endgame
  12. @Sock: Unvote
OD'd:
  1. LynchMe, Jinjo, 2x Town Jailkeeper

I don't think he was referring to the wincon.
Maybe a generic statement about the game's premise.

All right, here are my reads so far:

TotalyNotASrialKilla - Town
As angleshooty as the later case against ExDark was, it was too dangerous of an argument for scum to pull out without having example town role PMs... which I doubt funnier would give them.

defnotafunnieralt6 - Null
One post of note, and it's pretty NAI. At least seems to have a good head on their shoulders.

funniers1-5 - Town
Had some good mafia philosophy thoughts that feel protown. Caught onto SSM's fluke and was the first to do so. If one is scum, I doubt the other is. Also, trying to push people into activity and serious discussion, which is usually (but not always) a thing that makes me lean town.

Evenstar - Null
Done nothing but RVS. Nothing that can be read.

ExDark
I'm gonna laugh if this is actually Ex (and as of now part of me wants to say it is).

Obligated Suffering - Town
I'm town. Not gonna make an argument for it atm, since it would be a waste of time, but I'm just making the statement.

Mafia Exponent - Null
Pretty quiet, made some moves against Ex but that's it.

hamtaro - Cute
Oh wait, you wanted to know my thoughts on their alignment? No idea. Me listing them as cute is pretty much all they've done all game.

SexyScumLord - Scum
Their last post seems really questionable, especially with not following their post restriction. idk what i'd do if a person didn't follow a post restriction in my game, but as things stand I haven't seen anything that looks like funnier punished them. I have seen townies fake post restrictions before, but I've never understood it.

mafiosloth - Lean Town
They had a townie reaction to their vote. It's not a very strong read, but it's something to start with.

Lurking til Endgame - Lean Town
Posts are pretty nothing, but i have reason to believe that both he and SSL can't be scum together. And, if I think SSL is scum, LTE must be town, though I have no ingame reasoning for it.

Unvote - Town
Quick to unvote when an RVS wagon gets traction. I like it. Also their reactions to Jinjo's flip seemed town.

I'lll talk about ExDark a bit later, as well as the wagon from D1. But right now I need to go catch a bus.

Day 2 Begins: Catharsis
The remaining filed back into the room. What had they done? It had seemed like the right decision, but they had broken that shallow trust LynchMe had placed in them. And now... How could they even trust themselves? After all they had to do it all again- What was that above the floor? TotalyNotASrialKilla was hanging, suspended by a noose. They shook their heads and got into groups of two. It was time for today's activity.

TotalyNotASrialKilla was Zinn, masquerading as Zinn, a Vanilla Town

Funny how apt these alts have been

Yet to OD:
  1. @Sock: defnotafunnieralt6
  2. @Sock: funniers1-5
  3. @Sock: Evenstar
  4. @Sock: ExDark
  5. @Sock: Obligated Suffering
  6. @Sock: Mafia Exponent
  7. @Sock: hamtaro
  8. @Sock: SexyScumLord
  9. @Sock: mafiosloth
  10. @Sock: Lurking til Endgame
  11. @Sock: Unvote
OD'd:
  1. LynchMe, Jinjo, 2x Town Jailkeeper
  2. TotalyNotASrialKilla, Zinn, Vanilla Town

Day 2 has begun. With 11 alive it takes 6 to reach majority. Otherwise day ends on Thursday the 16th at 8 pm CST.

I don't actually have a posting restriction i was just messing around/trying to spark discussion also i've been busy the past couple days or i would have resolved that sooner so sorry about that.

I'm inclined to read Hamtaro and Exdark as town at this juncture because of how easily and quickly wagons built on them close to deadline.

I don't really understand why SrialKilla was offed last night.

I'd probably be inclined today to vote for someone who was active but uncontributive and who never had a noteable wagon formed on them. I'll read back now to see which players fit that bill.

It is kind of hard to keep track of players when they are all unfamiliar but the two that stick out to me right now are Mafia Exponent and Obligated Suffering. I feel like they were both posting fairly late into the day but didn't contribute anything of substance. Mafia exponent cast a vote on a counterwagon to the town lynch, and although I'm reading both of those wagons as town wagons, its enough reason for me to choose Obligated Suffering over them.

Vote: Obligated Suffering

All right, here are my reads so far:

TotalyNotASrialKilla - Town
As angleshooty as the later case against ExDark was, it was too dangerous of an argument for scum to pull out without having example town role PMs... which I doubt funnier would give them.

defnotafunnieralt6 - Null
One post of note, and it's pretty NAI. At least seems to have a good head on their shoulders.

funniers1-5 - Town
Had some good mafia philosophy thoughts that feel protown. Caught onto SSM's fluke and was the first to do so. If one is scum, I doubt the other is. Also, trying to push people into activity and serious discussion, which is usually (but not always) a thing that makes me lean town.

Evenstar - Null
Done nothing but RVS. Nothing that can be read.

ExDark
I'm gonna laugh if this is actually Ex (and as of now part of me wants to say it is).

Obligated Suffering - Town
I'm town. Not gonna make an argument for it atm, since it would be a waste of time, but I'm just making the statement.

Mafia Exponent - Null
Pretty quiet, made some moves against Ex but that's it.

hamtaro - Cute
Oh wait, you wanted to know my thoughts on their alignment? No idea. Me listing them as cute is pretty much all they've done all game.

SexyScumLord - Scum
Their last post seems really questionable, especially with not following their post restriction. idk what i'd do if a person didn't follow a post restriction in my game, but as things stand I haven't seen anything that looks like funnier punished them. I have seen townies fake post restrictions before, but I've never understood it.

mafiosloth - Lean Town
They had a townie reaction to their vote. It's not a very strong read, but it's something to start with.

Lurking til Endgame - Lean Town
Posts are pretty nothing, but i have reason to believe that both he and SSL can't be scum together. And, if I think SSL is scum, LTE must be town, though I have no ingame reasoning for it.

Unvote - Town
Quick to unvote when an RVS wagon gets traction. I like it. Also their reactions to Jinjo's flip seemed town.

I'lll talk about ExDark a bit later, as well as the wagon from D1. But right now I need to go catch a bus.

Vote: Obligated Suffering

I tried to vote for SSL last night because it was a far better option than sticking with LynchMe. Why they didn't confess before the deadline baffles me personally, but it is what it is. I'm sure that this is the correct move this time, and I have more than just an RVS vote to prove it.

All of my previous logic for lynching Obligated Suffering from D1 still applies, and this list of OS furthers my opinion. Before we get too far though, through process of elimination, the only people that OS views to be scum are SSL and me. SSL was the only player he NAMED as scum, and also me because I didn't have a read on his list, and everybody else was null to town. In my opinion, if you want to include everybody in your list of reads, you should at least have three people that are scum or leaning farthest to scum. If you want me to reconsider my vote, please tell me the three users you think are scum @Sock: Obligated Suffering

In addition, these reads are unbelievably surface-level. Don't get me wrong; gut calls are definitely a real reason to pursue a lynch. However, they tend not to have any depth beyond "I can feel it in my bones". I'm definitely fine with a gut call town reads. However, it doesn't look to hot when most of the reads only touch on basic posts that could be made from either alignment. Ignoring the null reads, only TNaSK and funniers1-5 had solid evidence for the reads. I would have put everybody else as null with the logic you had. I do want to cut you some slack though, because of what I was mentioning with gut calls. Regardless, I feel like you included them anyway to talk good about everybody else's game so that you become liked, ignored by us, and give us the impression that you are helping town. However, I will not be having that. I want YOUR top three scumreads ASAP and pretty please, or else I'll tunnel you more than I tunneled Hamtaro.*

*(i'm not actually going to tunnel only on you, that'd be a dumb move for anybody. i'm just trying to put on my super serious face to show how badly i want your reads. grrr :lapras:. it is crucial for the good of the game that you finally decide who you think is the least trustworthy / most scummy. i won't even be upset if you pick me because of this post.)

I don't actually have a posting restriction i was just messing around/trying to spark discussion

I completely feel you there; I once played a game of mafia where I translated all of my posts into Korean before sending them for the first day. Good times.

However, this post can be made from either a town or scum, so this slot isn't terribly helpful either, especially when they are going to feign a posting restriction early game and just break character after it gets noticed.

I figured I'd bring this up too. I don't think that SSL is a good lynch. I just think they would have been better for me if they were lynched in place of LynchMe after the PR topic came about. I just had to convince myself that it was a good idea before I went with it.

A posting restriction means absolutely nothing about somebody's alignment, so that never should have been an argument.

This is still correct though.

Back
Top Bottom