• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafiaholics Anonymous Game Over: Funnier is Dead

Not this again. :confused:
Honestly, both of you seem pretty suspicious.
Evenstar conveniently appearing after almost being lynched for being inactive, having a Cop check on -Lo; and funnier1-5 claiming to have targeted SexyScumLord last night.

It's clear that today's lynch will be one of you. I'll ISO the posts and try to decide it by the end of the Day.

Not this again. :confused:
Honestly, both of you seem pretty suspicious.
Evenstar conveniently appearing after almost being lynched for being inactive, having a Cop check on -Lo; and funnier1-5 claiming to have targeted SexyScumLord last night.

It's clear that today's lynch will be one of you. I'll ISO the posts and try to decide it by the end of the Day.
I bet you I have more possible evidence in my posts than him just because I’ve actually posted and he’s been lurking. It is always easier to build a case on an active player than a lurking player.

I bet you I have more possible evidence in my posts than him just because I’ve actually posted and he’s been lurking. It is always easier to build a case on an active player than a lurking player.
Not necessarily.
But, yeah. It's pretty hard to ISO Evenstar when they have nothing for us to work with.
Would you mind making a readslist and commenting on some of the last days events, @Sock: Evenstar?

I've been lurking partially because I wasn't especially engaged, but also because I was trying to keep a low profile because I was a cop.

The post I made in the night phase was one where I said "you're good" about my green result so that if I got NKed you'd at least get my n1 result.

There's zero reason to believe someone else is the cop if that person who is doing the counterclaim is the red check of the first cop claim, hasn't breadcrumbed their role, and there wasn't much pressure on the first cop claimer when they made their claim.

Doing what I just did as scum would be extremely stupid because it would cause 1 mislynch, then I'd be lynched the next day (or viggest) which really isn't very good for scum. The only time scum should want to 1 for 1 with town is like right now, when they've just been caught and can't hope for anything better than a chance at trading with another player.

In this post I described my green result as "good" and put an "x" next to their name to represent that they were cleared as a reference to the actual Evenstar who was also a cop and who was known for a conspiracy theory based around putting X's next to player names to clear them that was actually just someone putting 'x's next to names as kisses.

-

I didn't even realize it could be lylo. Guess I should have been paying more attention. My claim is correct, though.

Doing what I just did as scum would be extremely stupid because it would cause 1 mislynch, then I'd be lynched the next day (or viggest) which really isn't very good for scum.
If we mislynch we might lose (4-3, nightkill makes it 3-3).
I don't see why scum couldn't fake claim cop as soon as possible, 1 mislynch is all they need.
Even if the night events prevent them for losing they might take the cop down with them.

In this post I described my green result as "good" and put an "x" next to their name to represent that they were cleared as a reference to the actual Evenstar who was also a cop and who was known for a conspiracy theory based around putting X's next to player names to clear them that was actually just someone putting 'x's next to names as kisses.

-

I didn't even realize it could be lylo. Guess I should have been paying more attention. My claim is correct, though.
The "x" is a pretty good detail, haha.

Vote: funnier1-5

I'm fine with having my vote resting on them while I wait for their reply.

My game philosophy is to be inactive as a cop to decrease my chances of getting nk'd. The fact that I was anonymous made it very easy for me to hide behind that instead of having to wifom it.

I gave people time to counterclaim me or claim Miller.

Also: I specifically targeted as many funniers as I could with my cop ability.

I've been lurking partially because I wasn't especially engaged, but also because I was trying to keep a low profile because I was a cop.

Thats an easy excuse for lurking. Anyone could use that as an excuse.
There's zero reason to believe someone else is the cop if that person who is doing the counterclaim is the red check of the first cop claim, hasn't breadcrumbed their role, and there wasn't much pressure on the first cop claimer when they made their claim.
Of course I’m not going to softclaum before I hard claim. That would be dumb since if mafia catches it then I’m dead before I come out. Though I did as you say breadcrumb in my own way by trying to save my check.
Doing what I just did as scum would be extremely stupid because it would cause 1 mislynch, then I'd be lynched the next day (or viggest) which really isn't very good for scum. The only time scum should want to 1 for 1 with town is like right now, when they've just been caught and can't hope for anything better than a chance at trading with another player.
Doing what? Coming out now? No it’s not a dumb move since everything is X shot. It’s also the possible last phase, meaning this is the best chance for a mafia mislynch.
gave people time to counterclaim me or claim Miller.
....It’s bmg. Miller claims are standard D1. No one is going to claim it after D1 since that would be an obvious scum move on here.

Also you said the other funnier is good DURING THE NIGHT PHASE! RESULTS ARE RECEIVED AFTER THE NIGHT PHASE! THUS YOU HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING HE WAS TOWN AT THAT POINT.

And anyone planning on fakeclaimig can easily drop fake breadcrumbs. I’ve seen it all the time. Usually they do overalls complicated obscure ones that have to be explained. Probably so they remain unnoticed in case the plan to claim goes haywire.

My only problem with Evenstar's claim is that they, like me, admitted to having forgot about this game. Now they're saying they intentionally lurked because they didn't want to draw attention? Something doesn't add up there.

On the other hand, funniers1-5 came in with a convenient counterclaim with not very good results and tried to turn the tide of the lynch in Evenstar's favour. Based on timing and the targets, I think funniers1-5's claim is the more suspicious one, since it looks just like a counterclaim designed to secure the mafia an easy win in MYLO or lylo.

I would personally prefer to place my vote on funniers1-5, but I'm honestly lousy at choosing in -LO phases. But that's where I'm at.

Thats an easy excuse for lurking. Anyone could use that as an excuse.

Of course I’m not going to softclaum before I hard claim. That would be dumb since if mafia catches it then I’m dead before I come out. Though I did as you say breadcrumb in my own way by trying to save my check.

Doing what? Coming out now? No it’s not a dumb move since everything is X shot. It’s also the possible last phase, meaning this is the best chance for a mafia mislynch.

....It’s bmg. Miller claims are standard D1. No one is going to claim it after D1 since that would be an obvious scum move on here.

Also you said the other funnier is good DURING THE NIGHT PHASE! RESULTS ARE RECEIVED AFTER THE NIGHT PHASE! THUS YOU HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING HE WAS TOWN AT THAT POINT.

And anyone planning on fakeclaimig can easily drop fake breadcrumbs. I’ve seen it all the time. Usually they do overalls complicated obscure ones that have to be explained. Probably so they remain unnoticed in case the plan to claim goes haywire.
He was my n1 check. I breadcrumbed him a little before n2 ended.

You were my n2 check. You're scum.

My only problem with Evenstar's claim is that they, like me, admitted to having forgot about this game. Now they're saying they intentionally lurked because they didn't want to draw attention? Something doesn't add up there.

On the other hand, funniers1-5 came in with a convenient counterclaim with not very good results and tried to turn the tide of the lynch in Evenstar's favour. Based on timing and the targets, I think funniers1-5's claim is the more suspicious one, since it looks just like a counterclaim designed to secure the mafia an easy win in MYLO or lylo.

I would personally prefer to place my vote on funniers1-5, but I'm honestly lousy at choosing in -LO phases. But that's where I'm at.
It was half forgetting because i was in like two other games and half "I shouldn't really post anyways because I need to not get nk'd".

We need everyone town on his wagon otherwise scum can just suddenly place 3 votes on any incorrect town vote and stop the lynch. Haven't read the tie rules but regardless.

Looking back, it was pretty obvious ExDark wasn't town. Spending more time talking about game mechanics and philosophy than doing actual solving is a classic scumtell, and while he wasn't scum, he wasn't town either. It is for this reason I am also keeping an eye on SexyScumLord.

Even though sloths are horrendous creatures, my top town read at the moment is mafiosloth. That being said, I have an inkling as to who that person is and they can be very good at blending in as scum, but I've been liking their posts thus far.

It was half forgetting because i was in like two other games and half "I shouldn't really post anyways because I need to not get nk'd".

We need everyone town on his wagon otherwise scum can just suddenly place 3 votes on any incorrect town vote and stop the lynch. Haven't read the tie rules but regardless.
I won't be around for EoD because of other commitments that unfortunately have to get in the way, but both you and funniers1-5 are making it very difficult to choose who is the better lynch. Not your fault seeing as funniers1-5 was the one to counterclaim, but you are both equally likely to be scum based solely on the claims. You could have claimed to lynch a townie who people were already suspicious of in mylo, they could have counter claimed for the exact same reason.

Now, with that said, I personally do find your claim more believable, simply because your check on me was accurate, so I am feeling inclined to vote in funniers1-5's direction. I will make a decision within the next couple hours and place a vote accordingly.

Based on timing and the targets, I think funniers1-5's claim is the more suspicious one,
IF I was mafia then now that the indep is dead I could easily say

“defnotafunnier is town.”
“Evenstar is mafia.”

That’s easy for mafia to fake at this point. If I’m mafia then I know exactly who is town and mafia so why choose dead players instead of trying to clear fellow mafia members?

IF I was mafia then now that the indep is dead I could easily say

“defnotafunnier is town.”
“Evenstar is mafia.”

That’s easy for mafia to fake at this point. If I’m mafia then I know exactly who is town and mafia so why choose dead players instead of trying to clear fellow mafia members?
There's no reason to clear someone you know to be town in mylo when you could just claim a guilty result and then lynch them and win instead. And the fact that Evenstar looked for a Miller claim beforehand to make sure all the bases were covered makes me feel inclined to believe their claim over yours. Your claim was more matter-of-fact than theirs, which gives me the impression that you are just looking to get an easy lynch in to win the game.

Vote: Extension

I may have forgotten about this game, but I do wish to continue playing, and I don't want the game to be decided in MYLO because everyone is inactive. I'm busy tonight but I'll have some time tomorrow and I don't feel comfortable with the current game state to place a potentially game ending vote.

And in case more people don't propose an extension

Vote: No Lynch

If we get an extension, I'll remove this vote, but in case we don't I really would like for us to have more time to make a decision. These cop claims created a lot of WIFOM and I don't want that to decide the lynch today.

Vote: funniers 1-5

I'm not buying their cop claim and going by their voting pattern, they look bad. Evenstar's claim is a bit more legit, probably, and they didn't actively jump on wagons in what looks like mislynch attempts, which is what funniers 1-5 looks like they were doing.

There's no reason to clear someone you know to be town in mylo when you could just claim a guilty result and then lynch them and win instead. And the fact that Evenstar looked for a Miller claim beforehand to make sure all the bases were covered makes me feel inclined to believe their claim over yours
Claim a guilty result, like Even did? I never claimed a guilty result. If even hadn’t come out then I wouldn’t have known he’s mafia. If it wasn’t for your behavior right now I would probably think you were his scum buddy, but I think he decided to litter a real townresult in case something Went wrong so that he didn’t hurt his scumbuds.

Of course me as the real cop wasn’t going to let him fakeclaim. Idk if he rolecopped me and knew what I was, but he could have set up that thought process with the miller thing to cover bases

Back
Top Bottom