• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafiaholics Anonymous Game Over: Funnier is Dead

Vote: Extension

I may have forgotten about this game, but I do wish to continue playing, and I don't want the game to be decided in MYLO because everyone is inactive. I'm busy tonight but I'll have some time tomorrow and I don't feel comfortable with the current game state to place a potentially game ending vote.

And in case more people don't propose an extension

Vote: No Lynch

If we get an extension, I'll remove this vote, but in case we don't I really would like for us to have more time to make a decision. These cop claims created a lot of WIFOM and I don't want that to decide the lynch today.
Oh, I think I found Ex! No Lynch isn't ideal, probably, but I do see it as coming from a legitimate place of good will. I'd rather do an extension if it came down to it, but I think we got scum though.

Vote: funniers 1-5

I'm not buying their cop claim and going by their voting pattern, they look bad. Evenstar's claim is a bit more legit, probably, and they didn't actively jump on wagons in what looks like mislynch attempts, which is what funniers 1-5 looks like they were doing.
Of course my voting history looks more suspicious because I’ve actually been active instead of lurking. However I didn’t jump in any easy lynches. I advocated against lynches and actually did stuff and built cases instead of sitting and doing nothing and letting town lynch eachother. I tried to do stuff, so of course I’ll look worse than him. Anyone who tries to do stuff will look scummy compared to lurkers.

Oh, I think I found Ex! No Lynch isn't ideal, probably, but I do see it as coming from a legitimate place of good will. I'd rather do an extension if it came down to it, but I think we got scum though.
no you don’t. You’re voting wrong and town is going to lose. How about paying attention to real actions instead of claims. Actions speak louder than words. Even has none. He hid until the opportune time. I tried to prevent mislynches and find mafia. Would have helped if everyone wasn’t so inactive. Why would I try to tie the votes d2 and turn it into a no lynch if I was mafia? Why wouldn’t I let OS just die quietly?

no you don’t. You’re voting wrong and town is going to lose. How about paying attention to real actions instead of claims. Actions speak louder than words. Even has none. He hid until the opportune time. I tried to prevent mislynches and find mafia. Would have helped if everyone wasn’t so inactive. Why would I try to tie the votes d2 and turn it into a no lynch if I was mafia? Why wouldn’t I let OS just die quietly?
No, you jumped onto wagons that led to town lynches, and you were only slightly more active than Evenstar. The difference between you and them is that I imagine there would have to be a scum player actively voting to run town into the ground, and your voting history fits that bill. Besides, if we are in Mylo, there are enough votes on you by now for Mafia to hammer and win.

By that, I mean yeah, you didn't vote OS, but you voted SSL which we know was a Townie because they flipped town. Defending a Townie but voting another Townie isn't a very strong case. I'll admit I put this game on the backburner, and I'm regretting it now because I thought the natural progression from Day 1 to Day 2 would have been lynching ExDark. Not a Mafia lynch, but not a Town lynch either and we wouldn't be in mylo today if that had happened.

The point is, there were better options Day 2 than either of the lynch options there were.

I may have forgotten about this game, but I do wish to continue playing, and I don't want the game to be decided in MYLO because everyone is inactive. I'm busy tonight but I'll have some time tomorrow and I don't feel comfortable with the current game state to place a potentially game ending vote.

And in case more people don't propose an extension

Vote: No Lynch

If we get an extension, I'll remove this vote, but in case we don't I really would like for us to have more time to make a decision. These cop claims created a lot of WIFOM and I don't want that to decide the lynch today.
It's funnier 1-5 that is scum so it's the right move. Otherwise they'll just nk you probably because we know you're town.

To lynch is the right move, is what I meant.

Fine extending, though.

Without reading the ExDark ISO... I hate this. I have no idea where this switch came from. Literally five minutes earlier, they were saying that they couldn't support the LynchMe lynch. The next retroactively took townread out of that first post, before leading to this vote right after that. And then they come in and based on one completely understandable post (trying to start a different lynch when they're on the chopping block) and that's apparently the straw that broke the ExDark's back. The progression here feel unnatural to me.
I'll throw a preliminary
Vote: ExDark
Here's the icing on the cake really, funniers 1-5 is claiming they cop checked OS N1 and got a green check and that was why they tried saving them. They voted contradictory than their green check... This doesn't add up, looking back I'm not conviced by anything funniers 1-5 said or did on Day 2 that they were a Town Cop with a green check on OS.

I have an idea of who Evenstar is and I find it kind of hard to see them pulling a gambit like this as mafia.

Funnier's 1-5 made some decent counterpoints, and I actually had felt good about them before. But Evenstar went about their claim in a townie way. And I could definitely see them laying low because they're cop. It's weird because previously I was scum reading Evenstar and almost town reading funnier's 1-5, but with all this information I feel like 1-5 is the way to go.

On a different note, I think Unvote talked about this some already, but it is rather interesting that SSL and OS were neighbors scum reading each other. But both flipped town. Maybe there is a third neighbor, in LTE since OS had that odd bit about reasons to town read them but the read was also connected to SSL. In which case, LTE is a bit sus to me for not giving any opinion on OS when they were about to get lynched. I'm guessing they've had more discussion in the neighborhood due to SSL and OS scumreading each other.

An extension would be nice since I, like many others, keep forgetting about the game, but I also think that the right move her is lynching 1-5. So I'm going to hammer and hope that the next phase is more active.

Vote: funnier's 1-5

Night 3 Begins
The group gathered once again, this time playing monopoly. Suddenly Evenstar announced that funniers1-5 was cheating, skimping from the bank. funniers1-5 denied it, claiming Evenstar was the one that cheated. They went back and forth, others joining in, someone yelling. “Only mafia would cheat at monopoly!”

And then someone grabbed the thimble, viciously stabbing funniers1-5 with it. As her blood lay pooling on the floor they continued their game, the town members secretly stealing from the bank.

funniers1-5 was Midori was sms was Mafia Goon

Night 3 ends tomorrow 9 pm CST kay thanks

Last edited:
Day 4 Begins
Everyone walked in the next day, talking excitedly about their lucky catch the day before. However conversation cut short as they felt something wet hit their heads. Above then strung like lights were thimbles, and inside of them were the remains of Evenstar.

Evenstar has died. He was Rubik was Pika was 2x Town Cop

With 6 alive it takes four to reach majority. Otherwise day will end on Wednesday the 22nd at 9 pm CST.

Yet to OD:
  1. @Sock: defnotafunnieralt6
  2. @Sock: Mafia Exponent
  3. @Sock: hamtaro
  4. @Sock: mafiosloth
  5. @Sock: Lurking til Endgame
  6. @Sock: Unvote
OD'd:
  1. LynchMe, Jinjo, 2x Town Jailkeeper
  2. TotalyNotASrialKilla, Zinn, Vanilla Town
  3. Obligated Suffering: Town Neighbor
  4. ExDark: Infiltrator
  5. SexyScumLord: Town Neighbor
  6. funniers1-5: Mafia Goon
  7. Evenstar: 2x Town Cop
The game is currently in MYLO

Last edited:
Alrighty, Defnotafunnieralt6 is cleared. Unvote voted early enough to make me feel good about them. I don't know what to think of Mafia Sloth, I don't want to think Mafia bussed last minute, but its possible. Still, I'm thinking a better PoE for today is between @Sock: hamtaro and @Sock: Lurking til Endgame.

Dang, I was totally wrong, I thought Rubik was something else. Though it is incredibly fitting that Rubik would end up with the Evenstar slot, lol.

Anyway, it is no surprise that Evenstar was killed last night. Though I have to ask why did the doctor seemingly not protect him?

I am still townreading mafiosloth, but it's getting harder because sloths are stupid and I feel terrible townreading that slot for that reason. Anyway, in all seriousness, I am trying to figure out what to think of mafiosloth hammering. To me, it's obvious who is controlling that slot by now, and it is someone who does not have a problem with bussing. And saying you are fine with an extension but then voting anyway seems a little strange to me. I can see that vote coming from a townie place though so I am a little bit conflicted, but mafiosloth has lost some townie points for me. Not confident enough to lynch them, though.

Dang, I was totally wrong, I thought Rubik was something else. Though it is incredibly fitting that Rubik would end up with the Evenstar slot, lol.

Anyway, it is no surprise that Evenstar was killed last night. Though I have to ask why did the doctor seemingly not protect him?

I am still townreading mafiosloth, but it's getting harder because sloths are stupid and I feel terrible townreading that slot for that reason. Anyway, in all seriousness, I am trying to figure out what to think of mafiosloth hammering. To me, it's obvious who is controlling that slot by now, and it is someone who does not have a problem with bussing. And saying you are fine with an extension but then voting anyway seems a little strange to me. I can see that vote coming from a townie place though so I am a little bit conflicted, but mafiosloth has lost some townie points for me. Not confident enough to lynch them, though.

Mafia Exponent is someone who I thought made some decent posts during my reread, but I admit that forgetting who is who and confusing names might be clouding my judgment. This is the slot that i originally thought was Rubik though and it is evident that someone is trying to masquerade as him and I think it's probably Doc but not sure, anyway that's irrelevant.

So yeah, townreading mafiosloth and Mafia Exponent right now, but I am reading again and these reads are fairly weak.

Oops, I accidentally hit the post reply button in a different tab before I finished my post. I am a dumb!

Anyway, one of the first serious votes in the game was from funniers1-5 on mafiosloth. I have only played one scum game with midori, can anyone confirm whether she is the type of player who would draw attention to scumbuds early on, or is that something we can maybe use to clear mafiosloth?

Unvote was the first one to choose between funniers1-5 and Evenstar, and they chose correctly, so definite townlean there.

I agree with Mafia Exponent (lol hi sms), I think the scum is between Hamtaro and LurkingTillEndgame, possibly both of them together. My vote will likely go in one of their directions but I need to ISO them both first when I have time.

Ok, looking back Hamtaro voted Funniers 1-5 immedietly after Evenstar claimed, I want to say scum wouldn't jump the gate to buss like that. So, by deduction, LurkingtillEndgame is definitely scum, they are the safest lynch for today. The toss up is between Mafia Sloth and Hamtaro.

I'm not goung to place a vote though because we need discussion in this game, I want to keep this phase going.

@Sock: defnotafunnieralt6 How good of a read do you have on Mafio Sloth? Comparitively Hamtaro is more lurky so it's hard to even develop a read on them, but you said Mafia Sloth posted enough to make you think they might be Town.

Back
Top Bottom