• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafiaholics Anonymous Game Over: Funnier is Dead

I'm fine with a PoE between Lurking and Hamtaro.
I'm leaning a bit more towards LurkingUntilEndgame for reasons I've mentioned before, but I feel like the best approach would be to press Hamtaro since I have the feeling trying to press LurkingUntilEndgame might waste a good chunk of our discussion time.

Ok, looking back Hamtaro voted Funniers 1-5 immedietly after Evenstar claimed, I want to say scum wouldn't jump the gate to buss like that. So, by deduction, LurkingtillEndgame is definitely scum, they are the safest lynch for today. The toss up is between Mafia Sloth and Hamtaro.
Trying to spot both scums in one shot seems a little too ambitious.
Depending on today's lynch results we might obtain more info that can help us spot the last scum.

Apologies for the inactivity. I am cute but also very busy. I'll read the thread now and provide thoughts later.
Where are your thoughts?

@Sock: defnotafunnieralt6 How good of a read do you have on Mafio Sloth? Comparitively Hamtaro is more lurky so it's hard to even develop a read on them, but you said Mafia Sloth posted enough to make you think they might be Town.
My town read of mafiosloth admittedly weakened quite a bit after they hammered funniers1-5, given who I believe to be operating that slot is someone I know has no problem bussing, and that was a prime bussing opportunity. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at a lurking/mafiosloth scum team. I still think a lot of ugly sloth's posts have been fairly townie, but that action has me feeling wary.

What do you think of the first serious vote of the game being from funniers1-5 on mafiosloth? Tbf, she did change it rather quickly.

@Sock: Mafia Exponent I have a pretty good town lean on you because of how hard you pushed funniers1-5 yesterday when it was still possible to coordinate a lynch on Evenstar, though it likely would've been a tie so your push is slightly NAI. Still, I feel like you've had decent posts this game and mafiosloth hammering still looks scummier to me. Though I do have to point out the fact that you yourself, despite pushing funniers1-5 quite hard, did not vote yourself, and part of me wants to think you were trying to make yourself seem town while avoiding actually contributing to the lynch of a scumbud. So I shall ask, how come you didn't actually vote yourself?

Also I was wrong earlier, Hamtaro was the first to vote funniers1-5, not Unvote. Both of them look good to me, especially considering I have a fairly strong idea of who the latter is.

My Poe is, in order of scummiest to least, LurkingTillEndgame, mafiosloth, and Mafia Exponent. I'm thinking the former is most likely to get my vote, but seeing as this is mylo I would also be willing to give a no lynch another go.

Though I do have to point out the fact that you yourself, despite pushing funniers1-5 quite hard, did not vote yourself, and part of me wants to think you were trying to make yourself seem town while avoiding actually contributing to the lynch of a scumbud. So I shall ask, how come you didn't actually vote yourself?
They did vote, though.
I think their vote was right under yours.

As this is mylo I would also be willing to give a no lynch another go.
Why would we opt for a No Lynch, though?

If we're putting Mafia Exponent in the PoE, I personally found the interaction between and funnier1-5 somewhat weird.
There was certainly some back and forth between both of them, but some of Mafia Exponent's arguments didn't make a lot of sense to me and it just felt like they were doing it to cause some antagonizing, like the following:
Without reading the ExDark ISO... I hate this. I have no idea where this switch came from. Literally five minutes earlier, they were saying that they couldn't support the LynchMe lynch. The next retroactively took townread out of that first post, before leading to this vote right after that. And then they come in and based on one completely understandable post (trying to start a different lynch when they're on the chopping block) and that's apparently the straw that broke the ExDark's back. The progression here feel unnatural to me.
I'll throw a preliminary
Vote: ExDark
Here's the icing on the cake really, funniers 1-5 is claiming they cop checked OS N1 and got a green check and that was why they tried saving them. They voted contradictory than their green check... This doesn't add up, looking back I'm not conviced by anything funniers 1-5 said or did on Day 2 that they were a Town Cop with a green check on OS.
No, you jumped onto wagons that led to town lynches, and you were only slightly more active than Evenstar.

Lmao maybe I'm wrong then. Just some of your mannerisms and such and some erraticism earlier on remind me of Ex.

They did vote, though.
I think their vote was right under yours.

Why would we opt for a No Lynch, though?
Oh, I must have missed it then. I'll have to check back. Still, that vote would have come when an Evenstar lynch was becoming harder to coordinate.

No lynch buys us more time, and the only time I would ever propose it is during mylo. With 3 people in my personal poe, narrowing the playing field a little bit makes the chances of hitting scum in lylo better. Either way, mislynching is a loss, so the option of getting another free day is never bad imo.

If we're putting Mafia Exponent in the PoE, I personally found the interaction between and funnier1-5 somewhat weird.
There was certainly some back and forth between both of them, but some of Mafia Exponent's arguments didn't make a lot of sense to me and it just felt like they were doing it to cause some antagonizing, like the following:
Yeah, that first quote confused me because the post he quoted wasn't even a funniers1-5 post lol. I almost derp cleared it because I don't think scum SMS (who i believe Mafia Exponent is) does that kind of thing. But maybe.

Lmao maybe I'm wrong then. Just some of your mannerisms and such and some erraticism earlier on remind me of Ex.

Oh, I must have missed it then. I'll have to check back. Still, that vote would have come when an Evenstar lynch was becoming harder to coordinate.

No lynch buys us more time, and the only time I would ever propose it is during mylo. With 3 people in my personal poe, narrowing the playing field a little bit makes the chances of hitting scum in lylo better. Either way, mislynching is a loss, so the option of getting another free day is never bad imo.

Yeah, that first quote confused me because the post he quoted wasn't even a funniers1-5 post lol. I almost derp cleared it because I don't think scum SMS (who i believe Mafia Exponent is) does that kind of thing. But maybe.
That post you are all talking about was to prove my point that funniers 1-5 didn't vote with OS when they supposedly had a green check on that slot by Day 2.

^ something that was a natural train of thought considering my whole frame of mind in the previous phase was trying to distinguish who was operating like a real cop, and to me funniers 1-5 wasn't.

My reason for saying an extension could be nice but hammering anyways is because I felt that lynch was the right decision. And that we'd probably just wait around another 24 hours waiting for others to show up and just arguing in circles. It would have been different if we couldn't talk during night phases, but we can, so I figured if anyone needed to say anything important they could have then.

LTE and Hamtaro are my two biggest suspects. I kind of explained some about LTE the previous day. It feels like there was definitely something weird going on with LTE/SSL/OS and the neighborhood.

As for Hamtaro, they haven't felt like they've contributed much of anything at all. Like they're content to just ride out the inactivity.

Defnotafunnieralt obviously has a green check on them. And they really felt on top of things last phase/this phase.

I have reason I'm town reading Mafia Exponent. I may be wrong, but I don't want to say the reason really.

Unvote has felt generally helpful so far. Their vote on funnier's 1-5 really sealed the lynch I feel. They had good reaction and progression to the double cop claim as well.

Yeah I have been very busy with irl things so I will not be able to post much or give any thoughts, I have not even read the game fully.

I'll just claim that my role is Vanilla Townie.

Vote: Extension

I'm feeling inclined to vote for LTE but I feel like we need more time. He did claim VT, which is easy to do as scum when we know VTs exist, but I don't want to make any hasty decisions right now.

Though, for what it's worth, top scum are LTE and Mafiosloth, though I'm juggling between that slot and Mafia Exponent.

I'm busy for the rest of the day so let's just extend it and try to make tomorrow count.

I'm feeling inclined to vote for LTE but I feel like we need more time. He did claim VT, which is easy to do as scum when we know VTs exist, but I don't want to make any hasty decisions right now.

Were you talking about Hamtaro here? Because afaik LTE hasn't claimed anything. I have suspicions that he's also a neighbor because of how OS was reading him. That's why he's my top scum lean at the moment, because OS was town reading them and not SSL. So that must mean they contributed enough in the neighborhood to get OS to townread them. Yet they had no input on OS's lynch. Felt like they were content to sit back and let OS and SSL go after each other and also just to let town lynch them.

Anyways, I'm cool with an extension.

Vote: Extension

We had all day to discuss today and literally nothing happened, I really doubt an Extension will fix the inactivity.

Vote: LurkingUntilEndgame

Game Over Mafia Win
The remaining addicts came in to find the corpse of funnier in the main room.

"We... we did it. We killed funnier. He's dead!"

"WE WON!!! YES!!!

defnotafunnieralt6 has died. He was Tristan masquerading as Deku and was Vanilla Town and he was not in fact a funnier alt.

MAFIA WIN

The Remaing:

Unvote/Exlight Mafia 1x Role Blocker
mafiosloth/Minish Mafia 1x Role Cop
Mafia Exponent/sms Vanilla Town
Hamtaro/Pika Vanilla Town

Back
Top Bottom