• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Magiana revealed by CoroCoro magazine: To appear in 19th movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Magiana revealed by CoroCoro magazine: To appear in 19th movie

CoroCoro has revealed a new Mythical Pokémon, Magiana.

Continue reading...

Well, THIS is an interesting development!

Is she a hidden Pokémon for Z Version, or the first Pokémon shown for Generation 7??? o_O

Either way, it means that SOMETHING is on the way...:confused:

Between the look (clockwork with wings) and the name (sounds partly like "magic"), I'm betting that Magiana is a Steel/Fairy dual-type.

What does this mean? Is Magiana a new Gen VI Pokemon or is this the start of Gen VII? I wouldn't throw out the possibility of Gen VII because each generation usually last 3 to 4 years, and Gen VI is in its 3rd year now. Will they add this and new Pokemon into the Pokemon Z that we're all waiting for?

Looks like a fusion between Diancie and Klinklang. Looks like a Steel/Fairy event Legendary to me.
I'm really interested though, is this an early reveal Gen VII mon or a new mon to be added into Pokémon Z or whatever the potential next Gen VI game will be called? I know Game Freak has added new forms to previously existing Pokémon within the same Gen before but I don't remember them adding an entirely new Pokémon like this without starting a new Gen entirely.

Am I the only one who thinks Magiana looks almost-coincidentally similar to Diancie?* Could it be Diancie's handmaiden? Could Magiana be a mecha suit piloted by a Carbink?

*EDIT: The ninja-poster above me thinks so as well.

If Magiana is indeed a Gen VI Pokémon, then I'm actually impressed that Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion were found, but not that little rabbit fairy thing.
Now, suppose that it's a Gen VII Pokémon, that would mean the next pair will be either this year at the earliest or 2018 at the latest. Munchlax was revealed in 2004, 2 years before DP's Japanese release, whereas Zorua was revealed around 7 months before BW's Japanese release.

On the other hand, how badly do you have to mess up to forget to add one more Pokémon before completing the game.

Last edited:
What the hell Gamefreak? The day I finished my man-made, steel Pokemon you reveal yours too? Might as well bring back clothes and add hair customization for next gen.

I have a feeling this Pokemon is from gen VI. This gen needs a third version imo, Zygarde has no spotlight in the current games.

But it can be a gen VII pokemon, although it's strange for them to first reveal a mythical pokemon. Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

This new pokemon sparks interest. It could be a steel/fairy by the look of it.

I have a feeling that this is the first Gen VII Pokemon. I'd rather it be that way too. It would be terrible if it were only to be able to be in Z.

And the thought of a new generation makes me more excited than ever to learn more news on the NX.

I'm wondering if it's english name will be Machiana, like in machination.

To be honest, I think Magiana's design could be based on the concept of having robotic servants. It looks like a combination of an android, a maid and a Diancie, so maybe Magiana is Diancie's mechanical handservant. Perhaps it even works better when paired with Diancie in a Double, Triple or Tag Battle.

Magiana seems to have bunny ears on its head, which when combined with its round metallic "skirt" resembling a celestial body makes me think of the East-Asian moon rabbit myth... although I have no idea why whoever built it would have made it in the image of the moon rabbit.

Doesn't matter what comes next, this is unprecedented:
  • We get another Kalosian installment, with brand-new Pokémon.
  • We get Gen. 7, thereby skipping a third version altogether.
  • We get the reveal of a Gen. 7 Pokémon mid-way through Gen. 6, something we've only ever seen once before.

Well, Game Freak did say they were avoiding the "Pokémon Z" title in favor of a bigger surprise for fans (and I'd say that revealing a Generation VII species is indeed a bigger surprise). Magiana might not be legendary either: Lucario, Zoroark, and Unown all got star billing in a Pokémon film but were still ordinary for their generations. Still, keeping Zygarde's story arc confined to TV and manga did let me down. :cry:

I love it. It's like a robotic Diancie; paired with the steam Pokemon Volcanion, it reminds me of a steampunk automaton of some sort.

It is kind of weird how they're only revealing a new 'mon now if it is indeed from Gen VI, especially since no one seems to have been able to find it in the original XY code. Perhaps some sort of update will include it? Or is it truly Gen VII? That doesn't make much sense, either, if it's debuting in the same film that Volcanion is. We've barely got any info on Volcanion, so hinting at Gen VII already seems odd.

Perhaps we'll get a brand-new pair of games to finish off Gen VI in an unprecedented - perhaps unexpected - way, complete with a new region, a new trio of Starter Pokémon and enough new Mega Evolutions to cap the total amount at 64. Maybe Magiana is proof that there will be at least 100 new Pokémon in this gen after all. :LOL:

I love it. It's like a robotic Diancie; paired with the steam Pokemon Volcanion, it reminds me of a steampunk automaton of some sort.

On another Pokémon forum, I remarked that Magiana looked as if some tween-aged trainer had it built for her: "Daddy, I can't catch Diancie for reals...can you make me a friend just like her?" :love:

It is kind of weird how they're only revealing a new 'mon now if it is indeed from Gen VI, especially since no one seems to have been able to find it in the original XY code. Perhaps some sort of update will include it? Or is it truly Gen VII? That doesn't make much sense, either, if it's debuting in the same film that Volcanion is. We've barely got any info on Volcanion, so hinting at Gen VII already seems odd.

Well, the DS also has two generations' worth of games (IV/V); Game Freak might be planning for Gen VII already. New generations also include a new region with its own starters, though: we'll know whether Magiana belongs to Gen VI or Gen VII when we hear where most of the 19th film takes place. If it's an existing region, then VI is getting expanded; otherwise, you do the math! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom