• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Magikarp vs Feebas

Zekurom

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Yes, you knew this was coming.

190px-129Magikarp.png
versus
150px-349Feebas.png

Ladies and gentlemen! We are here tonight for the next comparison of two Poh-kay-mans!

*wild cheering and applause from the audience*

[Two doors open, and the contestants come out]

On the left side, we have... from the lakes and shores all around Japan, it's the red menace that everybody knows about! If you dare come across it, you'll cringe against its power! The one, the only, Magikarp!

*wild cheering and applause*

And on the right side, from the lakes and rivers of the Hoenn region, we have a contender that's mostly known for its exquisite beauty! It's the one you've all been waiting for, give it up for Feebas!

*more wild cheering and applause*

Now, I have a question for you. Which one of these two is the better one?

*keypads appear*

On your keypads, using the two buttons, vote now. You, at home! You can do it too! Text either MGKRP or FBAS to 313374 and put in your vote as well!*

[cut]

My personal favourite is Feebas. Why? 'cause it's rarer and Milotic is useful too. Especially in beauty contests :-D

But just comparing the two directly, I'd have to go with...haha, Feebas again, since it can learn TM/HM moves unlike Magikarp.

So... which one is better?

...competitively?

...by design?

...overall?

...by whatever criterion you want to use?

(More stealing of Envoy's idea. Oh boy >_>)

To discuss just their evos, go to this existing thread that Outrage was so kind to point out to me.

*Note: Don't actually do this, you'll waste 85 cents.

Last edited:
I chose Feebas. Unlike Magikarp, he can actually get egg moves, and can even learn TMs and HMs. Although he is harder to catch and evolve thanks to requiring a random specific spot and some PokeFood respectively, I kind of like Milotic.

In a battle, the obvious winner is Feebas. Magikarp is stuck with Tackle and Bounce as attack moves, with Flail for low-HP scraps. But Feebas actually learns TM moves, and gets Egg Moves. It can easily pick on Magikarp's outright pathetic Sp. Defense for the win.

In a battle i think feebas.
In appearance magikarp, it's probably because feebas is meant to be ugly just like magikarp is meant to look weak.
But i picked the last option for the lulz.:p

Magikarp will kill everyone that voted against it when it evolves.

But Milotic is a peaceful Pokemon. Gyarados is a bad-ass Pokemon.

lol Milotic=contest pokemon, Gyrados=battle pokemon/uber badass. They are each other's counterpart imo, one more for contests and being seen as beautiful, and the other one having huge amounts of power and is used for battles. Feebas is the one I picked because it's a million times more rare than Magikarp. If you legitimately find a Feebas in a game, you are dedicated.

Proud Feebas catcher and owner :D Pokemon Emerald

Milotic isn't just a contest pokemon...It has great Sp. attack while Gyarados has good Attack. I prefer special attackers, so I use Feebas/Milotic

I picked screw both of them for the lulz.

I can't decide. Both are very horrible within battle and are very useless. But I guess Feebas has the better design, IMO.

I voted Feebas. It's better than a Magikarp because of it's moveset and what it evolves into.

That's three people now that have texted the number... o_O

Did you see my correction? C:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom