• Bulbacast is back with a new episode in advance of tomorrow's Direct. Watch it on YouTube here.

Contest: Magnezone vs. Metagross

Magnezone or Metagross?

• Total voters

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
The two Pokemon fighting... Steel, Psychic and Electric!

Zekurom

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Metagross, before looking at the arguments. Psychic, there we go.

Florizarre

Red Sox > Electabuzz
Reaction score
Magnezone is in that group of turrrrrible Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 1 pokes that didn't need them (Magmortar, Rhyperior, etc.)

So, Metagross by a mile.

Rainbow

literal shrubbery
Reaction score
Metagross. I never really liked anything about Magnezone...

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd personally use Metagross, too. I never really liked the Magnelution line as much as the Metalution line.

Data_Error

Gym Apprentice
Reaction score
Metagross is AWESOME. I'm fond of both of their second stages, but Metagross makes for an awesome evolution, where Magnezone just comes across as awkward.

Rakarei

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Metagross would kill Magnezone with Earthquake. It also looks better. Magneton looks better than Magnezone too, but Metagross is the coolest.

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Why's this even a question? Metagross wipes the floor with Magnezone fifteen ways 'till next Sunday.

lmao

awesome possum
Reaction score
Easily Metagross, in usefulness and appearance.

TrainerCasey

Johto League Champion
Reaction score
I prefer Magnezone just cause I stragize with it more. But Metagross more cause its a beast for me in the Battle Factory.

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
Metagross is destined to beat Magnezone when it was seen that the latter had a speed drop that makes it slower than the former, and not to mention Metagross has a powerful movepool including Earthquake, AND added to the fact that Metagross is a pseudo-legendary, you have a very biased match-up. The only thing Magnezone has going for is his ability to trap Metagross and his great Special Attack, which is the bane for many Steels because this is usually their least strongest stat that is exploitable (honourable victims include Aggron, Skarmory, Scizor (no Earthquake), Forretress and Empoleon (weak to Electric)).

Anyhow, I like Magnezone better because of his UFO-motif (better design in layman's term).

Morru

ever so slightly
Reaction score
i like metagross better. more bad-arse looking.XD

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
I accidentally put Magnezone in my poll... <=(

But you know I mean Metagross.

Zwampert

Loch Ness Monster
Reaction score
Metagross. Evon though I like Magnezone, Metagross has better stats and it learns Bullet Punch.

#Daisuke#

Pokemon & CoD Fan
Reaction score
I prefer Magnezone by a landslide having used it on my main Platinum team, but we all know it would lose against Metagross. Damn cheating pseudo-legendary.