• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Make-A-Mafia - ENDGAME: TOWN VICTORY [9/11/12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidBeano

CAPS
Reaction score
MAKE-A-MAFIA
(idea of sending information required to make the game during sign-ups kind of stolen from Feralize and Music Mafia)

Welcome one and all to Make-A-Mafia!

Think this is going to be your bog-standard mafia game? Well, you’re kinda right. Town lynch mafia and mafia kill town. However, what marks this game as different to the others is a SPECIAL TWIST!

As of yet, the role line-up for the game is not complete. In fact, it’s not even been started. Because you, YES YOU, get to pick which roles will appear in the game! Exciting, huh?

After posting to sign up, everyone must PM me the name of a role from this list that is also on the “Allowed” list below. I suggest you familiarise yourself with them first. Once everyone has suggested a role, I will use them to create the game: this includes Role PMs, alignments and so on. Roles will then be distributed out randomly, so you may or may not get the role which you suggested. This is key to attempting to keep the game balanced, because if you submit a less-powerful mafia role, and you get that role, you not only screwed yourself over, but also your entire team, so keep that in mind.

Notes
The sending of a role name is just basically suggesting the general power – it will be at my discretion how exactly the role will function. If a role is stated to have ‘Variations’, don’t specifically ask for that role – ask for the general name. Do not specify alignments when sending roles.

In most cases of multiple of one role being suggested, there will be differences between the two roles.

Some roles have been banned from being suggested, either due to their mechanics not working with this game’s mechanics or BMGf’s general mechanics, due to their potential overpoweredness, due to them being ‘modifiers’ as opposed to roles, or due to other reasons.

Sometimes, there might be roles that have a link between them. They are to be suggested separately – if you suggest a role, and its counterpart doesn’t end up appearing in the game, sucks to be you.

*NOTE: ‘Oracle’ and ‘The Oracle’ are two completely separate roles. If you suggest one of these, please double-check you are meaning to send the right one.

ROLES ALLOWED TO BE SUGGESTED:
Absorber
Arsonist
Ascetic
Assassin
Beloved Princess
Bodyguard
Bomb
Bulletproof
Bus Driver
Captain
Commuter
Cop
Coroner
Deathproof
Doctor
Doublevoter
Dreaming God
Enabler
Executioner
FBI Agent
Firefighter
Fisherman
Follower
Forensic Investigator
Framer
Friendly Neighbour
Gladiator
Godfather
Governor
Gunsmith
Hider
Innocent Child
Inventor
Jack-of-all-Trades
Janitor
Jester
Judas
Lie Detector
Lightning Rod
Lover
Lyncher
Lynchproof
Mailman
Miller
Motivator
Nexus
Ninja
Oracle*
Poison Doctor
Poisoner
Psychiatrist
Redirector
Reporter
Restless Spirit
Reviver
Role Cop
Roleblocker
Rolestopper
Sensor
Serial Killer
Sidekick
Strongman
Suicidal Townie
Suicide Bomber
Survivor
Switch
The Oracle*
Tracker
Traitor
Tree Stump
Universal Backup
Unlyncher
Vampire
Vengeful
Vigilante
Vote Thief
Voteless
Voyeur
Watcher

ROLES DISALLOWED TO BE SUGGESTED:
Actor
Alarmist
Compulsive
Cult
Cult Leader
Cultafia
Cultist
Day (Modifier)
Deprogrammer
Encryptor
False
Goon/Mafia
Guard
Hammerer
Hated
Hero
Hidden
Inquisitor
King
Lynchee
Macho
Mason
Mentor
Mime
Named Townie
Neighbour
Neighbourizer
Non-Consecutive Night
Paranoid Gun Owner
Percentage
Post Restriction
Priest
Reporter
Saulus
Strong-Willed
Thief
Vanilla Townie
Usurper
Weak
Werewolf
X-Shot

VARIATIONS OF ROLES (thus, NOT to be suggested):
Cop: [Deputy/Flavour Cop/Insane Cop/Naive Cop/Paranoid Cop/Random Cop]
Doctor: [CPR Doctor/Faith Healer/Jailkeeper/Nurse/Seraph Knight/Weak Doctor]

RULES
Unless otherwise stated, rules will be enforced on a Public Warning -> Modkill basis. Continual failure to comply with the rules will have you banned from any of my future games. You do not need to "prove" you have read these rules - it's your own fault if you haven't.

1. As the host of this game, I reserve the right to add/remove/edit any rules as I see fit.

2. Activity: By signing up to this game, you accept that you’re going to at least attempt to be active. After 3 phases of inactivity (e.g. Day 1 > Night 1 > Day 2), I will send you a warning PM. After the fourth phase, you will either be subbed out or modkilled. Outside-communications are acceptable forms of activity.
2.1 In the event that somebody is subbed out, the replacement will be told which role the person they subbed in for suggested, to be on a level playing field with the other players. However, Rule 5 must still be followed.

3. Outside Communications: QTs, Private Messages and Skype are all allowed. Visitor Messaging is disallowed. Regarding Skype, you may not talk about the game in any group chats not specifically made for the game (for example, the War Room Official Chat).
3.1 Whatever form of outside-communications you use, please make sure that I am made aware of it. Please PM me the link to any QTs made, add “KidBeano” to the list of recipients for PMs, and add “ThatSBKid” to any Skype conversations.

4. Host PMs: You may not share your Role PM with anyone, either as part of a screenshot or by forwarding – this will result in an immediate modkill. You must paraphrase any information you reveal from it. You may not screenshot any game-related PMs sent by myself; however, you may forward them.
4.1 Results for any Night Actions will be sent at the changeover from Night to Day. Actions may be changed as many times as wanted before then.

5. Claiming: You may claim your role at any point during the game, true or false. However, you may not at any point during the game claim which role you suggested, true or false – this will result in an immediate modkill. Massclaims are allowed, but caution is suggested.

5. Death: Upon death, you may make one additional post in the main thread (which does not disclose any game-related information), and one additional QT post (out of all QTs you are in – this, however, may contain game-related information). You may not talk about the game on Skype any further, and you may not use the “Like” feature of Bulbagarden.

6. Phases: Phases will last for 24 hours each, usually 8:00pm BST – 8:00pm BST. If any phase is needed to be extended, it will only be for until I am available to update, with an hour’s warning given. The next phase will then last until the next 8:00pm BST after 24 hours have passed.

7. Screenshots: So long as Rule 4 is followed, these are fair game.

8. Voting: Votes must be in the format Vote: [USER] to count (including the bold-typing). To remove a vote, it must be in the format Unvote: [USER] to count (including the bold-typing). If you place a vote while you already have an outstanding vote, the new vote will count; however, please try not to do this. Do not mention users as part of your vote (i.e. Vote: @KidBeano) as this will cause them not to count. Do not edit votes out of your posts. You may vote for “No Lynch” – if there is a tie between a player and “No Lynch”, the player will be lynched.

9. Editing: You may not edit or delete any posts unless you have directly asked me for permission to do so. Please note the forum rules on Double Posting still apply.

10. Have fun. At the end of the day, it’s a game. Even though the game may not always be going your way, there’s no need to get stroppy and unsportsmanlike.

PLAYERS

1. @Buoy
2. @Rio Kamishiro Serial Killer killed Night 4
3. @Ryoga Kamishiro
4. @FinalArcadia
5. @TheMissingno. Captain lynched Day 6
6. @Aelita Lie Detector killed Night 1
7. @Akuraito
8. @Mijzelffan Lie Detector killed Night 2
9. @Atomic Lie Detector lynched Day 4
10. @Elysion
11. @Croag
12. @CrackFox Forensic Investigator killed Night 3
13. @Sputnik Jester killed Night 3
14. @Leavanny Fisherman killed Night 5
15. @Human
16. @Kyouhei! Traitor lynched Day 7
17. @DrumBeats Inventor killed Night 1
18. @Neon Borealis
19. @Soulmaster Traitor lynched Day 1
20. @Master Mew Psychiatrist lynched Day 3

(NOTE: I can and will take more than 20 players if more people wish to play.)

SUBS

1. @Dark Blueberry
2. @Joltik

Last edited:
Re: Make-A-Mafia - SIGN UPS [10/10/12]

I want to join, please. :>

My second favourite Pokémon... has to be Chimecho, I guess.

I want in puh-lease~ <3 And I don't recall there needing to be anything said if we read the rules or not. ... I think.

I'd like in.

I want in puh-lease~ <3 And I don't recall there needing to be anything said if we read the rules or not. ... I think.

are you suuuuuuuuuuure? :>

Sounds like an interesting game! I'd like in, please!

Yes, 2nd favorite Pokemon... that'd be Lucario. wink wink

This tickles my fancy.

All top ten of my favorite pokemon are Dragonite, so my fifth favorite pokemon has to be Dragonite.

My 213th favorite poke is sunkern

I also like ice cream

Rules? Lol

In

I'd like to play. ^^

My third favorite Pokemon is Umbreon.

Oh yeah, I already know what role I'm sending in~ :p

Sign me up.

I'd like to play :3 My fourth favorite Pokemon is Espeon.

In please. Confused as to why everyone's stating their nth favorite Pokemon.

In for the crack!

My 76th favorite Pokemon is..um..Ninetails? (Why not) :D

In.

My second favorite Pokemon is Latios. :)

In.

My favorite Pokemon is Reshiram.

Sure, I'll play!

My 649th favourite Pokemon has to be Jynx!

I'm in. My 649th favourite Pokemon is Mothim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom