• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Making a Quick Guide & Teams; Comments & Suggestions?

Kadyssa

Reaction score
Since I never had a chance to play any of the Pokemon games before Gen 5, I end up looking things up online over and over again as I'm trying to play. From type advantages to moves and berries, I constantly go running to my computer. In an effort to, well, to save myself some effort, I started making a guide where I could quickly find all of the things I frequently looked up. That grew to include planning out my teams so I knew what I needed to breed for, what egg moves I needed.

The generation 3 remakes have crept up on me faster than I expected though, and now I feel like I need to pull it all together, add what I need to know for Alpha Sapphire and finalize my teams so I can have the level-ones that I want to raise on my first playthrough.

I'm looking for any kind of input or criticism that I can get, as well as opinions on my teams. Anything on contests would be AWESOME!

Pictures in spoilers! The images are big screenshots out of Adobe Illustrator because a lot of the text is very small.
vB4essA.jpg

BKndzkL.jpg

My teams are meant to be semi-competitive. I won't be going to any tournaments, but I would like to be able to battle random people without fear of being torn apart by every seasoned trainer. I'm also trying to limit the amount of pokemon I want to breed to a reasonable number, so I can play the game instead of running around with eggs for the next few months.

TePQhvQ.jpg

Page 6 is going to be changed, but right now it's holding all of the Pokemon I want to raise, but don't really know where to fit.
The "Fire & Ice" team was technically cancelled, but if people think it looks neat it might replace my team of favorites that I couldn't fit in elsewhere.
Shiftry in particular is one that I want in my main 6, but I just don't know what to do with one!

8hz0ltS.jpg

*Many of the images I used are not made by me, I simply pulled them off of Google and edited them for use in my guide since I do not intend to offer the full thing up for download. (Maybe a template for others, though?)

On a side note; I don't really like legendaries. It's just an opinion, but I've never really liked using them. (That's why they're missing from all of my teams)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom