• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Making Gorochu a Real Pokemon

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Master Trainer
Reaction score
Most of you probably know of the Pokemon cut from Gen 1 by now, the planned evolution to Raichu, Gorochu, it was cut for space and eventually replaced entirely with a pre-evolution to Pikachu instead of another stage after Raichu, with Pichu, and was revealed to the public around 2018, but I think it would be really cool if this was made into a Pokemon and I know just how they could do it.

Gorochu.png

Now, at no point in the history of Pokemon has a Pokemon ever evolved three consecutive times, three stage evolutions are the max, there's never been a Pokemon with four stages so I'm not suggesting that this become the case, rather, I think Gorochu would make a phenomenal mythical Pokemon, maybe for a future Johto remake. Similar to how Diancie is canonically just a rare mutation of Carbink, but they share no evolutionary relation, that is to say, Carbinks cannot evolve or otherwise transform into Diancies, even though there is a clear established connection. Gorochu could be introduced as a rare mutation of Raichu, as a mythical Pokemon with a 600 BST. This would be a nice little reference to the Gen 1 games, which Game Freak does love to reference in future games, so I think this fits the design philosophy at Game Freak too.

Just for fun, I'll even give it some stats and an ability, to maybe help give everyone an idea of how strong Gorochu could be if made into a mythical Pokemon in this manner.

HP: 80 (up from Raichu's 60)

Attack: 105 (up from Raichu's 90)

Defense: 80 (up from Raichu's 55)

Sp. Attack: 105 (up from Raichu's 90)

Sp. Defense: 100 (up from Raichu's 80)

Speed: 130 Speed (up from Raichu's 110)

For an Ability, I'd go ahead and say Lightning Rod is a safe choice, but something like Motor Drive or even possibly Electric Surge would be cool. Gorochu was designed to look like a Thunder God, so I wouldn't mind it being given a unique signature move, I also think you could make an argument to have it skew either physical or special to make it stronger, because the stats I gave it now make it versatile but it wouldn't exactly hit hard, unless they gave it something like Transistor as an Ability which would be insane.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom