• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Male vs. Female Pyroar

Stratelier

Reaction score
668Pyroar.png
Obviously the male and females of Kalos's new fiery lions are equal in stats, abilities, and movepool, so we're talking strictly aesthetics and design here. Which is your favorite? Which would you rather have on your team and why?

I like them both, but prefer the male. I just love that Fire Blast-like mane over the female's ponytail. Although admittedly, male Pyroar's mane makes it nearly impossible to pet in Amie while the female is much easier. But still, I prefer the male.

Initially, I was into the male's design because of that big ball'a hair, but after using a female one in my X play through I'd feel guilty not saying it's my favorite.

I'll just vote for both.

Fun fact- The Lannisters of Casterly Rock use the lion as their sigil, and their words are "Hear Me Roar!"

I prefer the female because I like the ponytail.

Me, I prefer the female. Never really liked how the male's ears have completely vanished underneath that mane.

Don't really like Pyroar and that applies to both of its genders' looks as well. If I had to choose, I guess I would go with the female one. Never liked the male's oversized mane. While it's weird that the female has a mane at all and that Pidgeot wore it way better before her, I guess it's decent in comparison.

I really do love both. The Kanji mane of the male is awesome and the female's ponytail is really creative. I have to go with the female, though for its originality and uniqueness~

Female Pyroar all the way!

What can I say? I love lionesses and I am fascinated by them. The fact that we got a real lioness this generation was a dream come true for me. Yeah, we had a female Luxray, but she still has a mane and it being shorter is nothing too noticeable.

With that said, I like the male, too. I am just really biased when it comes to lionesses in general.

Last edited:
I really like both designs. Each one does something that I really like that's not found in the other design. (Like how the light brown fur on the male design's front legs are lower as a result of its mane, but then the female design has the chest fur as a result of its ponytail.)

But there are small differences I like more in the male design than I like in the female design (like the tail design, for example), so I would choose that one.

I love the female Pyroar the most, she looks too cute - love her design a lot, in my feline team I choosed the female instead of male.

The female looks so lithe and bold with its more slender frame and the flowing ponytail.

The male version just looks silly TBH. I never liked the male version, acutally. I think it may have something to do with the size of its mane along with the colors of the mane (which are the same as the female's, but the ponytail is far more subtle about it). The mane doesn't even seem to be truly attached to the male Pyroar because it's so at odds with the rest of its body.

Just my opinion.

I like the Famale more for similar reasons as the poster above stated. F-Pyroar is actually one of my favourite Pokémon. Love it's design.
I also had one on my team that ended up becoming one of my most treasured Pokémon ever, and one of my first to reach lv 100 as well.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom