• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Male vs. Female

Which do you pick?

• Female

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Male

Votes: 58 17.2%
  • Genderless

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 71 21.1%
  • Depends

Votes: 130 38.6%
  • Mixed

Votes: 39 11.6%

• Total voters

Tripleton

Aurora
Reaction score
When your out in the wild, or even hatching a pokemon egg, do you secretly hope that the pokemon that will appear is either 'male' or 'female'?

Another example, is your pokemon team pre-dominantly male, or female?

Discuss, explain.

I do not care about genders, unless I need a mother for breeding purposes. My current Pt team consists of 2 Males, and the rest are females. I honestly don't care much.
EDIT: Unless when I'm looking for a Machop. .___.

Don't care. Gender is gender. It means nothing.

I do however pick certain genders for my Pokemon. I only like female Machop, male Buneary, etc.

I usually don't give a shit about genders, but my team is female for the largest part. I also prefer female Gardevoir over male. :B

I used to be kind of picky with trying to get an all-male team, but now it doesn't matter.

The only exemptions are when the phsyical characteristics change between genders, then I'll choose the one that looks the best.

I usually try to go for genders on the individual Pokés that I catch, seeing as I kinda make up personalities to go along with their Nicknames. I only care about the ones that will actually be on my team, though.

on a few occasions i care, such as if i get a combee, but most of the time i am fine with either gender. although i will admit that a female wobuffet with hat lipstick is awesome

I...I dunno why, but I prefer males. MAybe because it's easier for me to name them or something. Both my entire Platinum Team and my entire Emerald team consist of males.

i hope for a male but i only really care when that pokemon just has to be a certain gender ie. must be a female lopunny or roselia and must be a male machop

Depends on the Pokémon most of the time. Pokémon I see as male, I won't settle with a female, and vice-versa. If I don't see them as a specific gender, I'll stick with either.

Don't care. Gender is gender. It means nothing.

I do however pick certain genders for my Pokemon. I only like female Machop, male Buneary, etc.
Well that was kind of contradictory...

Mostly I don't go for a certain gender, and just catch the first pokemon of the species/level/nature I want, but I would prefer it if my team happened to be near half and half, but it doesn't bother me much.

Every species has a favorable gender. I always hope to get a female Eevee, but a male houndour.

I was bored one day, so I made a list. I should finish it and post it.

Female. That way, I can breed easier.
I think all of my HG team was Female. ;w;

I prefer my main team to be all male, unless Im using something like Mawile, Butterfree, Gardervoir, Vileploom, or other Pokemon that could be considered somewhat girly.

I could say that i really dont care, but thats just dishonest! there are some pokemon that look like females and others like males . (i would never have a male gardevoir or a female machamp) that just look wrong. but sometimes u most have them to breed. but it really matters to me!

In Pearl, my team ended up, mostly by chance, being all-female, with the exception of the obviously genderless Bronzor.
I usually end up with an even 50/50.
I only look for a certain gender if I'm breeding or have a perfect nickname in mind that'll only work with one gender and not the other.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom