• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Male vs. Female

Which do you pick?

• Female

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Male

Votes: 58 17.2%
  • Genderless

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 71 21.1%
  • Depends

Votes: 130 38.6%
  • Mixed

Votes: 39 11.6%

• Total voters
i base mine on their appearances really, but in platinum i just used what i had. i ended up with:
leafeon~male
lucario~male
togekiss~male
ho-oh~ n/a
palkia~ n/a
umbreon~ male

I tedn to prefer female because maybe it's just I'm a guy; but girls tend to be a lot more helpful for me. A lot of friends think it's just that I like girls too much or something to that extent. Though in reality, female pokemon become my stronger and most powerful pokemon all the time.

Though for some pokemon, I just have to have them as a guy because of how they connotate in my mind.

I don't care what gender my teams are (though it's much easier to nickname males). Somehow, though, my teams usually end up being four males, two females. I don't know how. The only time I've actively searched for a specific gender was for a male Tranquill in White recently, because I knew that the male Unfezant looked much nicer.

I prefer female Pokemon at the start of games (for ease of breeding), but after I get a Ditto it doesn't really matter.
Well, it does matter for Egg Moves. I guess I go to preferring males then (after Ditto) ^^;

I always hope for male, but I'm not bothered if the Pokémon turns out to be female.

It's weird for some yes Girly Pokemon like Munna and Snivy yeah. But Pokemon like Pikachu, Oshawott, and Tepig male is what I go for. It's weird thinking a Munna could have a you-know-what.

I literally never notice a Pokemon's gender, unless I'm doing a mass breeding project and I happen to see that nineteen out of the twenty Squirtles I hatched are Male. It's sort of interesting, but I wouldn't say I care.

For breeding purposes, I always use a Ditto, so it doesn't matter what gender my Pokemon are.

I tend to go for males because I like really aggressive names like "Hellfire". It just seems weird in my mind to name a female that. So I pick up males when possible and/or convenient.

As for breeding, I just use a Ditto.

I always prefer a male pikachu, just because I don't like the females' tale.

It really depends on what the Pokemon is for me.
I see some Pokemon as masculine and some as feminine and will prefer to catch them based on how I see them.
Such as a female Altaria or Gardevoir or Milotic,
but I prefer a male Steelix, Scrafty, or Houndoom, for example.

It depends on what I plan to nickname the pokemon
I planned on getting a Krookodile and nicknaming it Rippy
so I looked for a female

etc

It really depends on the pokemon, but most of the time I look for a female, as I am one.

Depends of the pokémon. For example, I can't accept a female Scrafty or Rhyperior or a male Medicham or Munna.

It depends on if the Pokemon likes like a male or female. If I can't tell then it can be any. Yes, a female Machamp would be odd.

Depends on what I feel like having on my party when I plan it out or get it - I don't really lean too far toward either preference.

I see so many stereotypes here that it kind of irritates me.
I really don't care is the Popé I'm going to catch either female or male. Actually I like it, if I get some "masculine-like" Pokémon as a female or the opposite. Break the standards, dudes!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom