• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Man Wants Human/Cartoon Character Marriages Legalised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
"A Japanese man has enlisted hundreds of people in a campaign to allow marriages between humans and cartoon characters, saying he feels more at ease in the "two-dimensional world". Comic books are immensely popular in Japan, with some fictional characters becoming celebrities or even sex symbols.
Marriage is meanwhile on the decline as many young Japanese find it difficult to find life partners.
Taichi Takashita launched an online petition aiming for one million signatures to present to the government to establish a law on marriages with cartoon characters.
Within a week he has gathered more than 1000 signatures through.
"I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world," he wrote.
"However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?"

Befitting his desire to be two-dimensional, he listed no contact details, making it impossible to reach him for comment to explain if his campaign is serious or tongue-in-cheek.
But some people signing the petition are true believers.
"For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love," one person wrote.
"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost," the person wrote.
Japan only permits marriage between human men and women and gives no legal recognition to same-sex relationships.
Japan's fans of comic books, or "manga," sometimes go to extremes.

Earlier this month, a woman addicted to manga put out an online message seeking to kill her parents for asking her to throw away comic books that filled up three rooms."

Source

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24576437-5014239,00.html

I will assist you in your righteous quest, Taichi Takashita. I have no doubt that the 2-Dimensional level of existence can somehow be accessed. Life in other dimensions would certainly be very different to life in our own dimension due to various reasons.
A one-dimensional being could only exist upon a line. Draw the thinnest line that you possibly can on a piece of paper and imagine that one particle of graphite from your pencil is a hypothetical being living on that one-dimensional world and then remember that that piece of graphite is our being. Our being, then, lives on that line, and that line is the whole universe to that being. If you make one end of the line A and the other end B, you will see that the being can progress from A, which is birth, to B, which is death. The being will be able to move forwards only, they cannot move backwards because that would involve moving into the past.
Supposing that you could place a point, on that thin line, then the being in that one-dimensional world would see phenomena in its sky. It would see only that part of your finger actually in contact with the line and it would be impossible to visualise what you looked like, in much the same way as it is impossible for most people in this three-dimensional world of ours to visualise what is behind the so-called 'flying saucer'.
If we travel to a two-dimensional world, what would we have? It would be a plane surface and the inhabitants would have to be flat figures. Now supposing you draw a line around one of these figures, it would prove to be a barrier to it because the line will have thickness and to be a completely flat being height would be beyond its understanding. If it tried to climb up that pencil line -which to it, of course, would be a considerable height- it would be equivalent to going out into space.
Our flat being wouldn't be able to look down on the line and see that it was comparatively flat. Thus a line or an angle would be an astounding phenomenon to a flat being.
By the way, just try this if you doubt what I'm saying: Hold a pencil at a level with your eyes so that the pencil is length-wise to you. Then behind it, hold another pencil end on. You won't be able to see that pencil because it will be hidden by the line of the first pencil. Thus you will be in the position of our flat being and before you can see the second pencil you will have to enter another dimension, that is, you will have to descend below the level of the pencils or rise above it, so that you can look up or down and see by perspective.
Mr Takashita's quest is righteous and his determination in executing it is admirable!
rockon.gif

My faith in the human race dies a little every passing day.
While I do kind of see where this dude is coming from, legally marrying a cartoon character? That's just overkill.

I really don't see how this will work out in the end.

Aren't 3d-2d relationships gonna be a little one sided?

Umm, anyways this is gonna be hilarious if it actually gets anywhere.

why isn't this in the Real World? Is it a joke?

Marriage requires consent from both parties. Unless this fictional character's author writes it into their personality, they cannot consent to marrying a real person.

These are the kind of people that some use as an excuse to not allow gays to marry...

How are you going to marry a cartoon character? How would you live together? Well, I can only wish him luck, I guess. o_O

If you marry a cartoon character, all the other people who liked that character like that might have it out with you...

If you marry a cartoon character, all the other people who liked that character like that might have it out with you...

That IS rather dangerous. Especially if they like that character as much as you do. Or more. Or maybe you could marry like, cartoon character #57, and someone else can have that same character #58, while #59 is still single or something.

I can marry Ash? Sweet *shot*

God this world is getting more and more stupid.

I never thought the world will be this weird. How can you marry a cartoon character. Will the couple ever have a conversation.

it wont be long before all the people who actually still have a mind will be hit with a hunk of wood in the head

God this world is getting more and more stupid.

This reminds me of a movie i saw once called 'idiocracy' that showed in a comical way on how the world would be in 500 years. It wasn't pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom