• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Manaphy Event to be held at Toys "R" Us in the U.S.

MrWho

Heathen
Reaction score
From the October '07 issue of Nintendo Power.

So you don't necessarily have to click that:

"Manaphy is a special Pokémon that you won't be able to find normally in Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl; until now, the only way you could snag it was to find a Manaphy Egg in Pokémon Ranger and transfer it over. But now there's another way to get the legendary Pokémon: on September 29 between noon and 3pm, head to participating Toys "R" Us stores in the United States to obtain a special Manaphy that you can't find anywhere else. Bring your copy of Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl into the store to download a Manaphy just like the one in the latest Pokémon movie, Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. The Pokémon will be holding a red scarf just like the one in the animated feature, and it will be enclosed in a Cherish Ball - a Poké Ball that is not otherwise obtainable in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. When you release a Pokémon from a Cherish Ball, a colorful animation appears. Manaphy is also the only Pokemon to know Heart Swap, which allows it to switch all stat modifications with an enemy. Don't miss this opportunity to get such a rare Pokémon! For further details, check out pokemon-games.com or toysrus.com."

So, whatdya think?

[[To Mods: I understand you have a news forum that holds information like this that is posted on Bulbamedia, but they don't have an article about this yet. Feel free to lock this/move this when they do. Thanks!]]

Last edited:
Thank you for that MrWho. I'm looking forward to the event. Just hope I can find one not too far from Philadelphia. That would be cool to have another Pokemon courtesy of Game Freak and Toys 'R Us

... At what point in the 9th movie is Manaphy supposed to be holding a red scarf? o_O

Thank you for that MrWho. I'm looking forward to the event. Just hope I can find one not too far from Philadelphia. That would be cool to have another Pokemon courtesy of Game Freak and Toys 'R Us

Yeah, I know! Now I don't have to drop thirty bucks to get Pokemon Ranger, and I can save my money for a wireless router. :O!

Last year, I couldn't go to the Mew event (on September 30th) because of a religious convention, so I sent my three games (Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald) with three different friends, and none of them got me a Mew. This time, I have the same religious convention on the same day again. But I'm going to stay at a friend's house and go with him the day of, and go to the convention the next day (they have the same program Saturday/Sunday). That way, I don't miss either. ):

I'm still sad about that Mew, but I guess a lot of other people don't ever have events near them. ): However, since the advent of the GTS/Global Trading, even events far away from you can help you get rare Pokemon, 'cause they increase the amount of that type of Pokemon available. Maybe people won't get as sad, anymore. :)

... At what point in the 9th movie is Manaphy supposed to be holding a red scarf? o_O

Did you click the magazine scan? They're calling the little red whatever that the Manaphy's holding in the picture a "Red Scarf." I'd have no idea, seeing as I'm not a fan of the anime.

...squee.

I do love Ranger, but seeing as I can get two Manaphy... *hides other on Diamond and runs to event*

Actually, I can just give one of the Manaphy to my sister if she misses the event. *squeal*

Besides. It's special. :D

EDIT: I do feel that I'm hogging a Pokemon, though. :(

...squee.

I do love Ranger, but seeing as I can get two Manaphy... *hides other on Diamond and runs to event*

Actually, I can just give one of the Manaphy to my sister if she misses the event. *squeal*

Besides. It's special. :D

EDIT: I do feel that I'm hogging a Pokemon, though. :(

You won't have to hide your Manaphy, y'know. The distributors know that a few people will've gotten Manaphy from Ranger, and this is a different Manaphy anyway (Cherish Ball instead of what I'm assuming is a Poke Ball for the hatched one, prolly different OT than yours, too). And what I'd do if I were you is take both Diamond and Pearl and make someone else go, someone who could claim that the other game's theirs. It's not greedy, it's just taking advantage of an event.

You're not hogging Pokemon, anyway. :p If you didn't go to the event, there'd be one more Manaphy sitting unclaimed in whatever device Nintendo's distributing them with. :d

Edit: They just added this to Bulbanews. Let's continue the discussion in the "Pokemon News" subforum. Can a mod please lock this? Thanks. :)

Second Edit: Okay, wow. Argy's post on Bulbanews links here? Okay, is this the official thread? I guess we carry on? *incredibly confused*

Last edited:
... You lucky sods. Toys 'R' Us in Australia don't even have wireless connections, let alone run Nintendo events.

Nice way for Nintendo of America to screw over the rest of the countries found in that continent.

I've always hated these damn events... Thankfully I din't *need* manaphy nor a red scarf... Would have been great to have it none the less...

Screw you Pokemon USA.

Why is it so hard to friggen organize something international...
I mean aren't them Pokemon people aiming for something grander - such as is started with the (rather bad imo) GTS?

The GTS is good for some things - the globalness of it means you're more likely to get what you want (so long as you want something you've seen) - but it has some rather significant flaws...

I have a manaphy from Ranger. Dawn in my pearl game needs another red scarf though. I'm a sucker for event pokemon. Looks like I'm going!

Ha, that's my birthday. A Manaphy would make a nice birthday present.
Although, I already have one cause I rented Ranger from blockbuster(didnt want to but it^.^)
And the Toys R Us that we had closed down due to poor business. The closest one is Dallas, and I'm not going there just to get Manaphy

I did my first GTS trade today...

For most people this should be a great moment... and it was for the time the little pokeball flew down the sky.

All the fun was lost when I saw the Pokemon though - called "SUCKmeD*CK". Even though it was a Psyduck you can guess it wasn't DUCK at the end there...

Which is exactly what I exepected to happen in the first place (see my previous post).

Anyhoo I'm sure I'll get something more interesting eventually...

The GTS has basically reached the end of its usefulness for me. It was incredibly helpful for completing my Sinnoh Pokedex, but now all the Pokemon I need are either legendaries (meaning I'll never be able to find a proper trade) or ones I've not yet seen. Or Pokemon that evolve by trading with an item (people never attach the item to the Pokemon, or when they do, they ask for a Level 100 *insert Legendary Pokemon here*, or a level 9 or under Mew, for a Pokemon they've only just caught in the wild). And to tell the truth, the GTS has too many idiots and hackers, and not enough people who actually want to use it.

That said, it was good while it lasted, and I can honestly say I've never had an experience like yours...

I found a Mesprit for Metagross. I was too lazy to catch my own, and was hopeful it might have a useful nature(same reason why I have a GTS Cress), but my wifi decided to act up right when I tried to trade. Did that with Cress to but atleast I managed to get back on that time.

To try and avoid hackers, I never offer a Pokemon up, or atleast won't ask for anything too big, so it's basically little pokemon I can't be bothered to catch eventhough it would take less time.

my wifi decided to act up right when I tried to trade.
I feel your pain - I had exactly the same thing happen to me. =)

To try and avoid hackers, I never offer a Pokemon up, or atleast won't ask for anything too big, so it's basically little pokemon I can't be bothered to catch eventhough it would take less time.
Oh yah, I'll never actually offer anything valuable on the GTS - only those Pokemon I can breed a hundred of but are still worth something to people who don't have them. Like version-specific Pokemon, for example.

Weee, a chance to get my first event pokemon on D/P :O

Hoping that all the Toys R' Us will do this. Or at least one of the few in my area will o_O;;, but I'm still not really sure how the mystery gift function works nowadays though.

*sigh*
Just another to add my collection of events.
At least they're doing something cool like the tie-in to the anime! :)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom