• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Manectric vs. Houndoom

Sanic Hegehog

Ur 2 Slow!!
Reaction score
310Manectric.png
229Houndoom.png

Which do you like better?

Manectric
-Access to STAB Thunderbolt, fire type moves like Flamethrower, and other moves like Signal beam, Light Screen, Thunder wave, Hidden power, and Switcheroo.
-Notable stats in Speed and Special attack (speed being superior to Houndooms)
-Both abilities are fairly useless unless under certain situations.
-Only one weakness

Houndoom
-Unique duel typing of Fire and Dark
-Dark and Fire STAB in the form of Dark Pulse and Fire Blast/Flamethrower. Other moves Include Nasty Plot, Will-o-wisp, Reversal, Sucker Punch, and Pursuit.
-Notable stats in Special attack, speed, and attack (Beats Manetric in both attack stats, but has lower speed)
-Flash fire is a good ability for switching into stuff, Early Bird is useless on a frail sweeper.
-4 weaknesses to common types; Useful resistances to Ice, Dark, and Ghost plus an immunity to Psychic type moves.

Both are awesome, but Houndoom is one of my all time favorites, so it goes to him.

If Houndoom wasn't one of my top 5 favorite all time Pokemon, this would actually be a hard matchup for me.

Btw, Houndoom is more useful due to her wider movepool and better overall offensive stats (meaning she can be a lot more versatile). Manectric, while he does get some good moves, is a very one dimensional Pokemon.

Houndoom. I like its sweeping style better than Manectric's (Nasty Plot sweeping).

I also choose both. I simply cannot decide between the two of them time. They both look awesome and I have both used in-game. :shy:

Manectric got screwed over with DP's Overhaul of what defines physical and special attacks

Houndoom. I don't like Manectric's design and Houndoom just looks badass. Also, I prefer both Dark (one of my favourites) and fire over electric and finally: in Platinum, when you make your Houndoom use Flamethrower, it comes out of the motherfucker's eyes! HIS EYES! 8D

Manectric. I still don't know what he is, making him awesome. Houndoom would be better off with 3 heads (Cerberus! :D)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom