• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Manectric vs. Houndoom

I prefer Manectric. Slightly better design, type, and movepool.

Type wise, I prefer Houndooms Dark/Fire combo over plain Electric, but as far as design and practicality go, I have to vote for Manectric. Who cares if it has a slightly lower SpAtk? Its faster, so it strikes first and still takes out its target. Its not like it has an abysmal SpAtk, just lower than Houndooms.
So yeah, vote 1 Manectric!

I just like manectric's design. I'll evolve you soon, little Electrike!

Houndoom is cool, but I feel like Manetric is more dependable. Plus, I always go for the Fire starter 95% of the time, so an Electric type would be more useful anyways.

hard to pick, I love both

(just realized that it was revived, almost from 2010 last reply... I thought it was a new thread at first)

Last edited:
Dang, someone revived a thread almost a decade old.
As for which I prefer, I'd say Houndoom.
Ani229OD.png
While I like both dogs, I prefer Houndoom's design for both Mega and non-Mega forms.

Manectric, it looks cooler and is faster. That being said, Mega Houndoom>>>>Mega Manectric.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom