• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Manual Pokedex

Sombra29

Irrationally Logical
Reaction score
Long and dull explanation:
A few months before SS and HG were close to their American release,a friend borrowed me an original pokemon :Crystal Version copy. I started a new adventure, and was very happy playing the game(even more by the fact I finally had the opportunity of playing a Gen II at my own piece besides Stadium II,if you can even count that as a Gen II game)...and the nostalgia made me remade something...

I had never beaten every cup and challenge in the Stadium games.But Now I had the chance,I didn't had to sit and watch as my rented lvl 50 pokemon got KO by the pc´s lvl 55 pokemanz.

I had a gen I game,a Gen II game and a Game pack.The time had come to revenge my little 10 year old self that didn't had assess to Smogon and Bullbapedia.

I dusted off my old yellow copy,and turned the advance on.But an idea came to my mind,"hey,I shouldn't be wasting my time playing this frigging 10 year old game I have beat 0342234 times already...I should do something more productive..."
So I decided, inspired by various Japanese fan art sites,to do this challenge,It will consist of drawing each little monster I see in this Pokemon:special pikachu edition walkthrought.

Been doing some of them and wanted to know what you think :D

TILL PEWTER CITY´s GYM
First row.Pallet town and a bit of viridian forest and route 2.
firstrow.png

Secong row.Went back to viridian city to take a look at the Indigo Plateu,mostly to catch a mankey(so I can breeze throught brock´s gym with his STAB low kick,yay)and fight Gary Green/Blue.Fought Brock and added some missing Forest pokemon at the last minute :p
secondrow.png

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon Yellow Adventure´s Journal

Sorry but I had to steal the images for my personal collection. Those are too badass to lie in an internet forum. These drawings, dear lady, are the shit. The just kick ass. I love handmade artworks, something that is getting hard to find thanks to the relative accesibility of digital art software these days.

Mis respetos, te quedaron muy chingones

Mountain Moon,rated M for MIND SCREW

Thank you both!Your kind words encourage me :)

Soo...here we go!

TILL CERULEAN´CITY GYM BATTLE
ronda4.png

Mt.Moon is definetly absolutly totally Nightmere Fuel.The pokeyman there are just wrong on so many levels.I mean,are you telling me that that elderitch abomination know as clafeable is supposed to be fairy!?Thats just madness.Right PIKACHU?
"Pikaaaa..."
Huh¿whats that in your foot?
"chaaa..."
Ewww....

Momments later, we saw a nerd comming toward us...screaming...
"PAWS OFF THE FOSSILS LOOSER!"

ronda3.png

Aaaand this is were the game starts to be fun.I missed some monsters you find while going to Bill´s lab, ooops.Also,finally we have a new team member PIKACHU! meet CHARMANDER,the shy fire-lyzard.

charmeleon can get bluish-white flames if he gets too caught up in the heat of the battle,I am not making this up.

I've got only one complain: who the fuck would catch a Shellder ina Master Ball?

The sleeping Rattatta is cute to hell and the Driwsee is full of Nightmare Fuel.

If that's how you draw a Charmeleon, I can't wait for you to draw Charizard, my favorite Pokémon ever.

Por cierto, en memoria de tu houndoom capturé uno y como era hembra lo nicknamié Camila XD

This truly is amazing, you're a really talented artist.

Love the Metapod saying, "Catch me please!" That made me laugh, so did the sweating mankey !!!

I'll definitely come back to check on your progress, this is great !

Wow, that's awesome :OO
I like how you've drawn the Starmie going across the pool from Misty's gym :p

HOLY JESUS THIS IS PURE TALENT!!! This is amazing!

Pokemon Yellow Adventure´s Journal

Hmm... I was watching this by years when I was very young. That was my favourite animated cartoon. I think this is a legend becouse many kids was watching Pokemon. Everybody was playing caps with Pokemon me too. And you? What do you think about Pokemon?

Go Pikachu

uuh...this is going to be a long post xD

I've got only one complain: who the fuck would catch a Shellder ina Master Ball?

Its supposed to be beach ball :p you know...since they are in a pool...and there is a beach ball that looks like a master ball in an episode of the anime...

Thank youGible,alexjuhuh and feng277394!

I has moar!
TILL VERMILLION CITY´S GYM

I forgot to put the numbers in some ^^U
round1.png

Hm...looks like this bullbasaur still doesnt likes me...oh well,I dont like you either!so I wont train you,HA,enjoy your lonely PC box!
According to the dex,Abra can teleport itself while sleeping.

round3.png

This one is my favourite.Go Charmeleon!
round2.png

Glitched Mew YEAAAAAH
If you close your eyes a bit,you should see a skull in tentacool´s place.
In diglett´s caves there are only digletts and dugtrios.only digletts and dugtrios.Oh?Why the FR/LG outfit now?well ...eeh...oh,I know,See once we beat the first gym, my and my rival´s mom gave us new outfit to congratualate us!.

Last edited:

That Raichu's gonna be my new wallpaper.

Those goddamn Diglett's are made of pure win.

I just had to comment on this.

You have an AMAZING talent! I love your style and the angles you use. I'm so envious of your hand coloring. As said before by others, I must confirm, this is the shit. <3

I wish i could draw like that
@Everybody: Agreed, this is ______

AAAh thank you so much guys!Really!I am so happy people like these!Actually,I am going to play crystal right after finishing yellow and was wondering if you would like it if I did the same kind of walkthrough(but only for the gen II pokemon and the ones I dont see in yelllow of course xD) ?

next round will take a little more,a friend told me that the goldeen and ponyta pictures were kind of...mediocre,and I agree...So I am putting much more effort in these new ones...

Meanwhile...here is this drawing from not so long ago,the asatsuki final leave an"OMG I HAVE TO FANART THIS ASAP!!"impression on me when I saw the episode xD

spaklespaklecontestcopia.png
what do you think?

^Best of your fanarts ever.

'Nuff said.

Seriously, it it weren't trademarked characters, you could well sell this one to an art gallery and they'd pay a high sum for it. I'd do.

What did you use to color this one?

Darn you didnt take Bulbasaur on your journey. I was looking forward to your Ivysaur art.

^Best of your fanarts ever.

'Nuff said.

Seriously, it it weren't trademarked characters, you could well sell this one to an art gallery and they'd pay a high sum for it. I'd do.

What did you use to color this one?

Plain old photoshop.

wow!thanks,you know yesterday a friend keep insisting about how I should try to do professional works and I was in the "no no my art suuuucks"mode...your comment is making that statement weaker xD

Darn you didnt take Bulbasaur on your journey. I was looking forward to your Ivysaur art.

Dont worry,as erika has an ivysaur,so you will see it soon.I am done inking it,only thing left is the color :)

Last edited:

These are pretty cool. I like how you try to use perspective and stuff. So many people don't bother with perspective. Makes your art pop out. : D Keep it up!

Actually,I am going to play crystal right after finishing yellow and was wondering if you would like it if I did the same kind of walkthrough(but only for the gen II pokemon and the ones I dont see in yelllow of course xD) ?

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes !!!

spaklespaklecontestcopia.png

This is art. Plain and simple, it's really really good and both pokémon look great.

These are pretty cool. I like how you try to use perspective and stuff. So many people don't bother with perspective. Makes your art pop out. : D Keep it up!

t-thank you so much!I just conveniently saw your comic entropy this morning and went "this is so awesome I cant do stuff like this!" so it means a lot that you find my stuff good D:!

and thank you too,gible!you know I was thinking on your "DA SPARKLEZ" comments while I was doing that one xD

Back
Top Bottom