• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Manual Pokedex

You're just amazing! Incredible! I loved the Charizard and Snorlax! HOLY CRAP!! YOU'RE... AHHHG C'MON!! YOU KNOW IT!! :p

Wow, all of your drawings are great!!

I hope you can do digital arts because I want your drawings to be seen digitally. That would be so cool!

But nonetheless your drawings still rocked. More power! XD

Urg, sorry again for the delay guys.We will start holidays soon so hopefully things will pick up faster by then...

As usual, Individual Replies
-Gambit-was that an incredibly lame pun?:I *jk* around 10 I believe...but there's still the johto pokedex...the hoenn pokedex...Thanks again!:D
Paperhorse hehe,thanks!Can you believe there are people out there who think petal dance IS NOT MANLY?
Flame_AlexGlad you find it epic!
SuperPigg You say that with every banch :p Im glad it hasnt gotten boring yet :)Green and Red sooo do Beach parties every time.And yes,Lance´s opponent is my loyal pikachu!:D
DasgustHey thanks!Good theres still some love for the amateurs.
VeggiePopperthanks much veggie.Im glad it brought you epic memories of the league.Sadly I wont be doing Blue vs Red for this specific project, but I can do that piece later in holidays for ya :) (if you are still around man xD)
BlueNostalgiaIm both honored and glad to have been the first to give you a good impression of the subforum!
Olly Oh holy,thanks much!my work is not nearly good enough to get its own folder unless its in my comp haha.
Tyrant Aggronoh,you are lucky then,Im working in a new pokemon project right now!Ill post it in this very thread when its done :) thanks!
ZervahHaha,thanks.
ragnarok0422Thanks man,I have some digital art lying around here...but sadly no finished high quality stuff yet.

PS:my drawings are not nearly good enough for the TGC man!they are my inspiration,but I'm nowhere near that level of professionalism yet haha.

This one is really really short because I wanted to assure the quality were the best of the bestest I could,since these are legendaries and this particular pokemon I know very well arouse nostalgic feelings of childhood adventures on people,I couldnt allow my self to screw them but I did

Moltres.png

The fried chicken.

articuno.png

The frozen turkey(my favorite!)

zapdos.png

The roosted woodpecker.

Yay! An update :D Great batch once again!

Moltres: This is my favorite out of the bunch. The colors you used for it are really amazing, I wish that this were the official palette instead of the one they have right now XD. I really admire the stylized flames. My only problem is that it's a bit difficult making out the outline of the bird...the head in particular just seems to blend in with the wings and the background.

Articuno: This take on Articuno's design is really unique and elagant~ The translucent wings were a nice touch and I love the tornado storm it's in ^^

Zapdos: Lovely lines and coloring, but what exactly is it doing? XD

UJIJCLIWRKGHLOEBLKJNDLZIFHU84O3Q5IJHIABWHOUHUCERLOGJVOIEJBIOE!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD.

THESE ARE AMAZING.

PS:my drawings are not nearly good enough for the TGC man!they are my inspiration,but I'm nowhere near that level of professionalism yet haha.

Are you kidding? A lot of your Pokemon's carefree, candid expressions are quite fitting for the TCG indeed. I've seen art in the TCG that your art could easily trump.

Your drawing of Ninetales struck me in awe as I couldn't help but feel it rivaled these cards:

NinetalesHeartGoldSoulSilver7.jpg

VulpixUnleashed68.jpg

vs
NinetailsArcanine.png

And those are some of my favorite art pieces from the TCG set.

You do have some extraordinary talent. Digitally rendered, I'd say your work would match up quite well to professional designs.

I like your Moltres more than the official art :D It's just that good. This is a good exemple of a pokémon whose deign leaves me cold but that just comes to life under you pen.

Articuno is great and I love the coloring (is it normal that the wings aren't colored?) and it's a very dynamic image, very life-like.

Zapdos is a pokémon whose design never registered with me. Never liked it, but I have to agree with Pigg, what is it doing? Perspective is a bit wonky.

Good job Sombra, you only have a few pokémon left !

These look great, although some of these look a little rushed- remember to take your time, its worth it!

Very, very nice. Not sure there's too much else to say. I especially like the fact that they're all dynamic, not just some static portraits of the Pokemon. I guess you're almost done now, so congrats on sticking with it so far.

Any plans to do this for the other games?

Hey!! Those birds are amazing!! And yes, I'm still around.. somehow, so yes, count me in for your holiday special if you still have the intention :D

This one will be a bit long,so,First up,the individual replies:

VeggiePopper
: Thanks much,I'm so honored to always receive feedback from you! What holiday special?xD
Erasmus: Thank you!I will try to keep it ,if not make them more dynamic.Yes, I will do the same with Crystal after this :D
Gardenia101: Thanks,I will keep that in mind,sometimes,I tend to discard and redo the same picture several times,but sometimes my creativity comes off as too short and I just do the first rushed thing that I can think off.
Hellion: cmoon,that's not much of an accomplishment,you know moltres official art wasn't that good to begin with :p
RayneI...don't know how to respond haha.I feel extremely flattered then xD .It must be that since this are pieces done by myself,the mistakes I did jump straight in my eyes every time I look at them...so that may be why I cant see these specific unpolished works in the professional tgc.But hey,you aren't the first to say that,so they must be that good right?
M the GateTHANK YOUU :DDD
CommanderPiggThank you very much for the critique.Zapdos is just supposed to be flying...Because it can,while we cant ):

Now with that out of the way....

After the road to championship was fulfilled,our first goal was still left uncleared. We hadn't completed the pokedex yet...so we,me and pikachu,along with the rest of the party, kept traveling and training in search of those missing pokémon...

Jynx.png

Oh yes.Not Purple.
I went there.

OmastarWigglytuffPorygon.png

Wigglytuff isn't pleased to see you interrupted his sleep ):

Mewtworeduced.png

Good old elderitch abomination known as Mewtwo :D

----
Looking at the pokedex,the number was clear as crystal as it jumped straight in our eyes and produced quite the shock...

"148"

You gotta have to be kidding me.Professor Oak said there were at last 150 species of Pokémon programed in the device...We had traveled everywhere in the region,battled every trainer we had found...

Yet we were still missing Three.

Discouraged and cheerless,we decided to take a stroll through the streets of Celeadon...maybe burn some money in the game corner....

caminataenceleadon.png

Until something came to our attention...

ElectabuzzKabutopsMagmar.png

Finally we had a clear,new direction.

---
Thanks a lot to those who stayed till the end!

So that's it for the first generation.As you may notice,this update is a bit more wordy,but is just because this is the last one,if you disliked this stuff,do let me know.Ill try to keep it a minimum with the Crystal walkthrough :)

Last edited:
Hellion: cmoon,that's not much of an accomplishment,you know moltres official art wasn't that good to begin with :p

True... but you're good and I'm telling you are. WHY WON'T YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU'RE A REALLY TALENTED ARTIST? T___T

Oh yes.Not Purple.
I went there.

Oh no you din't just go there girlfriend. Love both Jynx and Omastar. That's what I like about your art, you make not so cool pokémon look hella cool and fierce...

Good old elderitch abomination known as Mewtwo :D

*Salivates*

Oh at this point you are just showing off!!! :D I'd say it looks cool because that's all that comes to mind, but I feel that the awesomeness of this drawing melts my mind and my vocabulary alongside it.

So I'll only say it's Fantabulously amazorgasmic...

this update is a bit more wordy

The same way I love your anime reviews, I love your comments. There's an attitude that's really you and that's humourous, sarcastic and witty. Don't lose it. :p

Did I mention you're great? YOU'RE AMAZING!

Oh yes.Not Purple.
I went there.

Haha Yes! Jynx looks really cool and different; different than I've seen it portrayed before.

And Omastar looks awesome! He looks like a cool pokemon now. :p

Love Wigglytuff's expression! Gives it a lot of personality!

Jynx looks so much more badass when it's black. "Racial stereotypes" my butt >_>

Anyways, I'm a sucker for flowing hair, I put it in pictures where it doesn't even make sense to put it in, like a boring bedroom or something XD Here, it looks marvelous~ It could be in a loreal commercial, because she's worth it ;D Perspective is really well done as well (reminds me of a certain piece that I should be working on XD)

Omastar wants to give me a hug~

I love sunset scenes. Normally, I would saturate everything with yellow instead of making it a highlight, but it works well in your case. Wiggly is so cute when it's disgruntled.

Is porygon...canadian? *shot*

Love the effects you use on Mewtwo. Three blasts at once? TR really outdid themselves that time.

The last one is definitely my favorite. not biased at all since electabuzz is my favorite pokemon Not only is the story telling behind it really amusing, but it's just badass...The contrasting colors in their attacks are a nice touch. And you can do sparkles outside of photoshop? Unheard of for me XD My only tiny problem is that the purple on the side seems a bit messy in some parts, and not in the intended way. But it's hardly noticeable because I'm too busy fawning over it....

I think that was excellent, Sombra! You should definitely continue onward and skip to D/P, because my fave pokemon are there XD. I look forward to your Crystal walkthrough!

Um...sorry for the wall XD

Sombra29 said:
What holiday special?xD

On ypur previous post you said you'd post more arts around holidays, so I simply dubbed the promised post the "holiday special". Bad joke indeed but there was a good intention behind.

Moving on, that Jynx screams rape to me, pure nightmare fuel at its full. And if I hadn't enough of Porygon's high price, there's your art rubbing it on my face Dx

Lazy Wigglytuff FTW as well as the others. Most of your arts here are full of lol. Mewtwo is of course the awesome exception.

BUT the best work in here is of course the Electabuzz VS Magmar poster. Hell! I wsih that was a true poster to put it on my wall. Now I'll hunt you forever until I find you and steal the real one -I mean, the phsyical piece of paper-. I like it that much. My wall needs it. Nuff said!

Now on to Generation Two!! <3

Hmmm... who did you miss? *goes to re-look through the topic*

It's nice that you'll do the same for Crystal. And don't feel bad about the text parts. I rather like them.

So, good luck on the next 100.

I miss this thread. Are you still going to do the Crystal run?

Back
Top Bottom