• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Maps You Would Like to See Changed

How? Have a Rock Climb to it and a Galactic Grunt blocking it until the Spear Pillar plot is over?

Well you could say they don't need to worry too much about it because it mainly just cuts out backtracking through the tunnel to Rt. 208, but if they're worried about making the original entrance redundant they could just take your suggestion of using modern Strength boulder mechanics to open it up from 2F. Really it doesn't cut out enough for that to be much of a concern. It doesn't even reach the snow section.

And if not cutting out enough of the area is a concern, they could add in more modern Strength boulder/Rock Climb sections further up the mountain. Rock Climbing from the first snow section to the second would be pretty helpful too.

they could just take your suggestion of using modern Strength boulder mechanics to open it up from 2F.
If we could have that, unlocking the Dragon Claw TM area from the north side would be much quicker than the southwest Rock Climb Route 207 shortcut IIRC. It takes you to the snow section almost before the final cave before Spear Pillar.

If we could have that, unlocking the Dragon Claw TM area from the north side would be much quicker than the southwest Rock Climb Route 207 shortcut IIRC. It takes you to the snow section almost before the final cave before Spear Pillar.

Depends on where you're going. Getting to Spear Pillar, it might be. But if you're trying to get to say, the Waterfall area with Dratini then Rt. 207 would be quicker. Also Rt. 207 would be useful your first trip to the Summit before you could unlock the north side shortcut.

The Mirage Islands in OR/AS are just too small and boring. I've always though they should have had bodies of water you can Surf on, and maybe some items you can only reach by climbing waterfalls.

The Mirage Islands in OR/AS are just too small and boring. I've always though they should have had bodies of water you can Surf on, and maybe some items you can only reach by climbing waterfalls.

I think they're meant to be small and boring on purpose unfortunately. The Mirage Spots seem to be designed to be recurring daily content, they wanted them to be short areas that you explore in one day and then shifts around the next day.

Honestly I like the concept but I don't like that as the only post game areas. I was hoping the Battle Frontier would be expanded into a Sevii Islands-esque archipelago.

Unova
  • Combine Nimbasa City and Castelia City and push the desert to the side, the biome disonance is probably Unova's biggest flaw.
  • Make the Entree visitable. Maybe it could be a Wild Area that takes inspiration from Black City and White Forest.
  • Make Nacrene City bigger and more artistic like in the anime.
  • Delete all gates and loading screens. Having those back would be insulting even for ILCA standards.
  • Give us more reasons to visit Anville Town.
  • Less grass routes and add some based on the Wild West.
Kalos
  • Make the Tower of Mastery an actual maze and give us reasons to return, maybe it can give you some lore on the Mega Evolution of the Pokemon you have in your team.
  • Give Lumiose City a map.
Alola
  • Less grass and more palm trees, make it as tropical as possible.
  • All islands should be designed like circles and you should be able to get to any area easily.
  • Add a shortcut that connects the Battle tree and the Altar of the Sun/Moon.
  • Make Ultramegalopolis actually ultra and mega, or at least polis.
  • Add a safari to the Aether Paradise and let us catch Pokemon there.
  • Add a feature where after doing some strange combinations on Mantine Surf you arrive on small islands with secrets.
  • I'm still salty about the golf course.
Galar
  • Redesign the Wild Area to be more like the beautiful Isle of Armor.
  • Add an actual castle, it's insulting it did not have one (well the Hammerlocke gym could count but...I think we all would prefer it as a dungeon).
  • Delete Route 10, I'm tired of the snow, and give us an actual Victory Road.
  • Make Wyndon...not terrible.
  • Make Spikemuth more complex and dungeon-like and show us how non-Yell citizens live.
  • Make the Hammerlocke University visitable.
  • Give us a reason to revisit Calyrex's castle.
  • Isle of Armor could get its own town too, I doubt the dojo provides Mustard's family and all the visitors everything.
Hisui and Paldea are the first open world regions so while they have flaws there's hope Game Freak masters the style with time.

Back
Top Bottom