• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Maractus Vs. Cacturne

Reaction score
The battle of the cacti! Which one do you guys think is best? I personally like Cacturne better.

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
For now, I would say Cacturne. Cacturne has numerous attributes that make him/her great.

One is the immunity to Sandstorm despite not having types that would normally be immune to the weather, thanks to their ability, making him/her great for this purpose. Because the ability raises evasion, Cacturne can work as an offensive force, which brings me to my next point: Cacturne learns good moves, especially the "Sucker/Focus Punch" gamble. Either attacks are great because one is very strong and the other gets STAB from Cacturne.

Another characteristic Cacturne has is his/her ability to naturally learn Spikes. Because of this, Cacturne is important in breeding with other Pokemon so that they can learn with the move. Roserade, Ferrothorn and even Maractus will never have gotten this move without him/her. Maybe not Ferrothorn, because he/she can get the move from his/her other Egg Group as well.

I don't think all hope is lost for Maractus, because one thing I noticed about the plant is its inability to learn Hyper Beam or Giga Impact, which is a sensible indicator that he/she might have an evolution in the future.

Thanks for reading.

HexagonStephen

Offline for a while
Reaction score
Cacturne, of course. It's so much better, plus it is a dual type. It gets points for that.

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Maractus is one of the few pokémon of Unova that I dislike. Cacturne is a fucking creepy scarecrow. I need to say more?

Lt.

Powerful Foaming Clenser!
Reaction score
i greatly enjoy how maracactus has flowers on it,as i assume it's based off the saguaro. what those are doing in the new york area, idk, but whatever.
Cactrune doesn't seem to realy have a ground as a cactus, Cacnia does, i think it's a barrel cactus, but that doesn't realy matter, as Cactrune looks badass anyway.

Cactrune would win in a fight too, totaly.

farewell friend