• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Maractus Vs. Cacturne

Mijzelffan

memes
Reaction score
Cacturne gives off a more general awesomeness. (that means it has an awesome design). So I choose him. Maractus just doesn't really stand out to me for some reason. I think it might become a very forgettable pokémon.

Wirsur

Reaction score
Maractus, as I have never used Cacturne and used Maractus in my first White run.
I also find it easier to train than Cacnea/Cacturne. Cacturne might be better in competitive battling but I prefer Maractus in the main storyline.

That Guy

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
Even though I think it should have an evo/prevo, Maractus is still better.

-It has an epic cry. Cacturne...doesn't.
-Its shiny form looks awesome. Cacturne's is plain boring.
-It's harder to make some derogatory pun out of its name, whereas...Cacturd.

Orion-Sama

I love Iris!
Reaction score
Cacturne is awesome, but Maractus is pretty cute. I also like the latter's Abilities more. Both seem to be pretty good at battling as well. I haven't used Maractus yet, though.

However, I slightly prefer Cacturne's design. Maractus' big flowers look kind of weird, even if cute. Cacturne always looked awesome to me. As I can't go with both, I'll have to pick Cacturne.

Reaction score
Maractus, solely because it reminds me of Kyuubey. lol

Cacturne still looks pretty badass though regardless.

Kamex

Reaction score
I like both of them, but I choose Cacturne. Maractus has got a very interesting design, but I think it could use an evolution in the future to become more memorable.

chimera

Reaction score
They are both pretty cool, but I prefer Cacturne for having an awesome deisgn, IMO.

Soy

Blinded by nostalga
Reaction score
Maractus needs a new evolution like it needs the rain.

And seeing as love dark types, im going to be biased and vote for cacturn :evil:

Betsy

overswagulate
Reaction score
I had a Cacturne in Ruby.
I remember using it against Wallace.

I loved it, so I'm picking Cacturne.

shiney mew

Aperture Test Subject
Reaction score
Maractus is pretty like a cactus, especially one with pink flowers, should be. Also, how is a dancing maraca cactus not awesome?

TFSpock

It's all ogre now.
Reaction score
Durr.... I was just about to make this....
I like Maractus more because it's better in battle. Design wise, it's surely Cacturne, but I prefer strength over looks, so Maractus wins for me.

StarGaze

Sleeping on the Job
Reaction score
What's a Maracuts?

I'll choose Cacturne. I barely remember Maractus so...

cityvillain

Minion of the Damned
Reaction score
Cacturne has better stats and moves. Maractus, like everybody else, is forgettable. Cacturne can also be a good lead in NU tiers.

Emrye

Sorta Back.
Reaction score
Cacturne. Who else could wear a hat that ugly and not get made fun of? :p

Mielikki

Reaction score
If I had to choose between Maractus and Cacnea, I would probably prefer Cacnea. With Cacturne, it is close win for Maractus.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.