• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Maractus Vs. Cacturne

Ranger Jack Walker

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Cacturne travel in packs slowly tracking weary desert travellers and finally attack and eat them. How is that now awesome? And creepy?

Mielikki

Reaction score
well, since I haven´t played gen V yet, it is only by my personal prefference about design, and I like cactuses a bit more than scarecrows. Maractus is simply a cutie, while Cacturne looks cool, but I don´t like it so much.

Vanillish Twilight

aka the fireflies guy
Reaction score
Hmmm, tough choice. I never really liked either of them, and I never used either of them in battle, so I wouldn't know which one is better. So I'm just going to make my decision based on its design. Maractus, it just looks better and less creepy.

Shiny Celebi

Phantom Thief
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any. Not picky
Maractus. Maractus is prettier and cuter and I like it's flowers. It's look appeals more to me, as I like cuter Pokemon more than creepy looking ones.

Sakuraa

Perfect Pawmi
Reaction score
I don't care much for either of them, but I pick Maractus because it looks so cute, despite the fact that I find it to be one of the most forgettable Pokemon in existence.

I can't stand Cacture's design. Too ugly and creepy for me.

Silverwynde

#UnovaConfirmed
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Cacturne, no doubt. The design is delightfully creepy and it's part Dark, so I like it a lot better.

Vanilli

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Always been a Cacturne fan, despite the fact that I generally dislike Grass-Types. :D

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Never liked either of them. Cacturne is ugly and creepy, while Maractus is forgettable and has a poor Special movepool despite having good Special Attack.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.