• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Maractus Vs. Cacturne

Reaction score
The battle of the cacti! Which one do you guys think is best? I personally like Cacturne better.

For now, I would say Cacturne. Cacturne has numerous attributes that make him/her great.

One is the immunity to Sandstorm despite not having types that would normally be immune to the weather, thanks to their ability, making him/her great for this purpose. Because the ability raises evasion, Cacturne can work as an offensive force, which brings me to my next point: Cacturne learns good moves, especially the "Sucker/Focus Punch" gamble. Either attacks are great because one is very strong and the other gets STAB from Cacturne.

Another characteristic Cacturne has is his/her ability to naturally learn Spikes. Because of this, Cacturne is important in breeding with other Pokemon so that they can learn with the move. Roserade, Ferrothorn and even Maractus will never have gotten this move without him/her. Maybe not Ferrothorn, because he/she can get the move from his/her other Egg Group as well.

I don't think all hope is lost for Maractus, because one thing I noticed about the plant is its inability to learn Hyper Beam or Giga Impact, which is a sensible indicator that he/she might have an evolution in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Cacturne, of course. It's so much better, plus it is a dual type. It gets points for that.

Maractus is one of the few pokémon of Unova that I dislike. Cacturne is a fucking creepy scarecrow. I need to say more?

i greatly enjoy how maracactus has flowers on it,as i assume it's based off the saguaro. what those are doing in the new york area, idk, but whatever.
Cactrune doesn't seem to realy have a ground as a cactus, Cacnia does, i think it's a barrel cactus, but that doesn't realy matter, as Cactrune looks badass anyway.

Cactrune would win in a fight too, totaly.

I've really come to like Maractus. So it gets my vote.

Maractus is one of the few pokémon of Unova that I dislike. Cacturne is a fucking creepy scarecrow. I need to say more?

What you meant to say was, "Need I say more?" c:

Even though it's just a rewording, there's a big difference between the two.

What you meant to say was, "Need I say more?" c:
Even though it's just a rewording, there's a big difference between the two.

Well, I'm really not sure. :ksmile:
English isn't my native language so I tend to make some mistakes.
But I thank you for correcting me.

=x

Maractus has nothing on Cacturne. Cacturne is one of the few genuinely scary Pokemon as well as having an awesome inspiration. And Cacturne can tear apart Maractus in a battle.

Maractus looks more appealling and cute, while Cacturn just looks creepy. Cacturne may win a battle but I still love Maractus more.

Maractus has an interesting design, and makes a nice battler in-game.

Maractus has a better design, and I just love it's cry, so I'm going to have to say Maractus!

Always been a Cacturne fan, despite the fact that I generally dislike Grass-Types. Cool typing. So I guess it wins.

I've had some nice experiences with my Maractus in White, but Cacturne is the better battler. Plus, Harley from the anime owns one. So, Cacturne.

Cacturne is plain ugly, while Maractus's design appeals to me alot. If I didn't have a lilligant I would've gotten a Maractus in White.

Maractus' cry sounds a bit like pop goes the weasel, and I never really liked Cacturne, so....Maractus.

Cacturne, since I had 'im on my playthrough in Saphire.
Ok, fine, he didn't know any "strong" moves back then,
but was fine revenge killer and good "cleaner" too.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom