• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Maractus Vs. Cacturne

Cacturne gives off a more general awesomeness. (that means it has an awesome design). So I choose him. Maractus just doesn't really stand out to me for some reason. I think it might become a very forgettable pokémon.

Maractus, as I have never used Cacturne and used Maractus in my first White run.
I also find it easier to train than Cacnea/Cacturne. Cacturne might be better in competitive battling but I prefer Maractus in the main storyline.

Even though I think it should have an evo/prevo, Maractus is still better.

-It has an epic cry. Cacturne...doesn't.
-Its shiny form looks awesome. Cacturne's is plain boring.
-It's harder to make some derogatory pun out of its name, whereas...Cacturd.

Cacturne is awesome, but Maractus is pretty cute. I also like the latter's Abilities more. Both seem to be pretty good at battling as well. I haven't used Maractus yet, though.

However, I slightly prefer Cacturne's design. Maractus' big flowers look kind of weird, even if cute. Cacturne always looked awesome to me. As I can't go with both, I'll have to pick Cacturne.

Maractus, solely because it reminds me of Kyuubey. lol

Cacturne still looks pretty badass though regardless.

I like both of them, but I choose Cacturne. Maractus has got a very interesting design, but I think it could use an evolution in the future to become more memorable.

They are both pretty cool, but I prefer Cacturne for having an awesome deisgn, IMO.

Maractus needs a new evolution like it needs the rain.

And seeing as love dark types, im going to be biased and vote for cacturn :evil:

I had a Cacturne in Ruby.
I remember using it against Wallace.

I loved it, so I'm picking Cacturne.

Maractus is pretty like a cactus, especially one with pink flowers, should be. Also, how is a dancing maraca cactus not awesome?

Durr.... I was just about to make this....
I like Maractus more because it's better in battle. Design wise, it's surely Cacturne, but I prefer strength over looks, so Maractus wins for me.

What's a Maracuts?

I'll choose Cacturne. I barely remember Maractus so...

Cacturne has better stats and moves. Maractus, like everybody else, is forgettable. Cacturne can also be a good lead in NU tiers.

Cacturne. Who else could wear a hat that ugly and not get made fun of? :p

If I had to choose between Maractus and Cacnea, I would probably prefer Cacnea. With Cacturne, it is close win for Maractus.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom