• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY021: Debut! Serena and Fokko on Pokévision!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think this would be an interesting take on a character... I would LOVE to see Serena in a kind of video diary/filmmaker type of role! Instead of strictly competition-based (like contests/battling) I think I'd really like for her to explore the journalism/global aspect of Pokemon thing. We've already got two dedicated battlers (Satoshi, Citron) on the team and one character without a set goal except to have fun and learn (Eureka) so for Serena to take a more "passive" role and make movies would be totally fine with me. I think it would add a real edge to her character and make for some really entertaining episodes.

HEY, it's ME!

Nahh, but I am getting pumped about XY again, I need more Serena episodes~

Personally, I'm looking forward towards the bloopers. I just know there's going to be plenty.

I hope that 7 days before this air Serena got a interest in the Batttle Chateau when she sees Ash. Because that means no more complains about Serena and no more infractions because I don't want her doing this thing ....

Wrong, I love to do this thing (I'm fettish for fanservice), but not before developing her as a character and I don't want a goal about that.

This has the potential to be a fun episode, but I can't really see it being her main goal either. I think that the Pokevision would get rather old quickly as the episodes went on. Furthermore, there's no real room for her to grow or accomplish anything with that. It would basically be another Brock with his "Pokemon Breeder" goal.

I hope that 7 days before this air Serena got a interest in the Batttle Chateau when she sees Ash. Because that means no more complains about Serena and no more infractions because I don't want her doing this thing ....
If she were interested in the Battle Chateau, she would enter the competition or at least train for the next one instead of recording a PokéVision video.

Pokemaster97 said:
It would basically be another Brock with his "Pokemon Breeder" goal.
She doesn't really have a better alternative at this point.

If she were interested in the Battle Chateau, she would enter the competition or at least train for the next one instead of recording a PokéVision video.

Pokemaster97 said:
It would basically be another Brock with his "Pokemon Breeder" goal.
She doesn't really have a better alternative at this point.

Regardless, I think it'd be a waste of potential for her character. I'm skeptical at how they're going to keep it fresh for the next two years if they choose this path.

If I'm understanding what you all are saying...why was "PR Videos" changed to "PokeVision" for the English games? Is there any logic there whatsoever?

If I'm understanding what you all are saying...why was "PR Videos" changed to "PokeVision" for the English games? Is there any logic there whatsoever?

They weren't. They're called "PR Videos" in the English games and トレーナープロモ in the Japanese games. ポケビジョン is an anime-only term that may or may not be the same thing (it's sure looking that way, but it's not like we have any real evidence yet, and it would be odd for the anime to change the name of a feature from the games like that).

and it would be odd for the anime to change the name of a feature from the games like that.
It isn't odd if this is meant to be Serena's goal. "PR Videos" would sound too clunky for that (not to mention that it doesn't even allude to Pokémon), but "PokéVision" is catchy enough.

They didn't bother calling the Sinnoh Contests "Super Contests", either. Granted, the name change could also imply some notable deviation from the in-game feature, but I think it's obvious that PokéVision is the anime's take on PR Videos.

It isn't odd if this is meant to be Serena's goal. "PR Videos" would sound too clunky for that (not to mention that it doesn't even allude to Pokémon), but "PokéVision" is catchy enough.

Considering they're not called "PR Videos" in Japanese, that's about as irrelevant a reasoning as you can get.

Considering they're not called "PR Videos" in Japanese, that's about as irrelevant a reasoning as you can get.
Pardon? "Trainer Promo" or however you choose to translate it doesn't directly allude to Pokémon, either, and I'd call it clunky. The term might still be used in reference to the videos, as opposed to the actual activity.

Last edited:
Well as long as Serena and Fennekin actually does something in this ep I am fine with it. Especially Fennekin got less focus than Palpitoad so far. If they get a goal, sure fine with me.

I found the original source for PokeVision

"セレナが「ポケビジョン」に参加する話も放送されます。
 この「ポケビジョン」が何なのかは今のところヒミツになっており、ポケモンのアニメ用の何か新たな設定のようです。"

http://pk-mn.com/n/pokemon-anime-xy-poke-vision-ninja/

But more importantly, the text requires clear translation because Iused Google Translate (even though it's unreliable) that phrase and I got very surprising and potencially important results.

Last edited:
That's just someone speculating that PokéVision is an anime-exclusive feature, which I doubt is the case (at least not entirely). It's obviously a nod to the PR Videos even if there is more to it than that.

I found more, 2ch

ハリマロンが家出

ゲコガシラを連れたライバル登場(忍者?)

ロケット団解散の危機

ジムリーダー同士のバトル

セレナがポケビジョンに参加

The last part is trhe one that are referring to PokeVision.

Remember Santa Serena? Well, people that vote om the Santa Serena Contest were given etails about tupcoming episodes. Some fot he details would be known easily by the fandom a week after, except two:
-A detail of the Harimaron episode that wasn't brought up until a week befoire it aired.
-That Serena is going to do PokeVision.

Last edited:
I hope that Serena does more than just wear random, cute outfits in this episode. This is a good chance for her to get some much-needed character development .

screenshot don't work, OP. Should've reuploaded it to tinypic or something..

I really have no clue what to think about this eppy. At least Serena is doing something, tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom