• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Marina in the new episodes?

WOW WOW WOW. That's not good. She better not be in the new episodes. I got enough of her in Pokemon Chronicles. Ugh. :/

Dogasu said:
Blindly going around saying that "4Kids always screws up" or that "4Kids can do no wrong" is pretty stupid, in my opinion.
And IMO it's not. 4Kids messes everything. They made american cartoon "Pokemon" out of Japanese Anime "Pocket Monsters". They killed all the Japanese culture out from Pokemon. They messed up all the music (what do this do with translation/dubbing?), They made openings stupid and crappy. They cut so many scenes from Pokemon (all their cuts altogether can make a series!), Ruined Chronicles, Ruined EVERYTHING! The only episode that I EVER watched in English was Manectric Charge. I watched it just to see the edited dolls of Pokemon. I didn't want what to do (either to cry or to laugh) when I saw it. And the worst thing that PUSA APES THEM!

WOW WOW WOW. That's not good. She better not be in the new episodes. I got enough of her in Pokemon Chronicles. Ugh. :/

Because you watched stupid dubbed version. They made valley girl out of Dani. Sorry, no one will cause me to name them Jimmy, Marina and Vincent. I got used to the old names. I even used them in FF long time ago (I finished writing it, but I plan to add something like a movie, set in Hoenn) and I will use the old names! No one will cause me to call them by new names! I don't even admit that Chronicles are dubbed. And I'll never do!

Last edited:
Lol, complaining about the millions of cuts in Pokemon...

Yet call Marina (which was her name in the Japanese version) Dani.....

That's all Maxim, my friend ;-) I see his points, but i'd also rather use the Tie One On names than 2 new + 1 original. It'd be like calling May Haruja, while Brock and Ash by their dubbed names. It's just inconsistent.

But still, it isn't *that* cut.

Now, you could say that about One Piece dub.

I watched it just to see the edited dolls of Pokemon. I didn't want what to do (either to cry or to laugh) when I saw it.

That's funny. You point out one of the edits they *had* to do. The FCC considers it to be advertising to show real-world dolls, so 4Kids (or ANYONE who would dub the show) had to get rid of them.

...and the only reason I'm so hard on Chronicles because out of all the dozens and dozens of edits, only...*counts*...three of the edits could be considered "necessary," from an FCC standpoint. The rest is just change for the sake of change.

From what I can see, taking out the controversial factor of the voice actors, PUSA is just a tiny notch below 4Kids is terms of dubbing quality.

So far they haven't felt the need to waste money on removing words from signs.....especially a language that was made most likely to advoid them having to remove Japanese...

I will never understand why the signs are such a big deal.

It works both ways my friend, both ways.

Why I don't feel they are that big of a deal, I feel they are pointless edits as well.

Mainly I am flabbergasted at this:
magazine01j_small.jpg
magazine01e_small.jpg

And I hope if we get a future episode with the LoT cast that PUSA do clear up the fact that Yoshi and Dani are not Jimmy and Marina. And that Vincent is clearly his real name.
I have to watch out for 4kids knowing more then they let on......

The first dub GX episode, Crowler mentioned Duel Prep School. Most people thought it was a dumb joke...

Next Japanese episode a week later...it exists. 0.o

Last edited:
In something in the same vain as that, the old woman in Hbaunake's copy-and-pasted pics mentions "Mirage Pokémon" to Oak in the Japanese version. Hmmm... XP

I think she said something about Lugia in the dub.

I think the "Mirage Pokemon" probably refers to elusive Pokemon......

or do they. 0.0

Pointless, yes, but not the tragic disaster they're made out to be either.

Aside from the onigiri/sandwich thing, I don't think anyone really dramatized the paint edits so much. And don't say Dogasu did, he never really seemed to care as much as much as point out the waste of effort.

I could be wrong though...

Now that I think about it, maybe Mirage Pokémon could mean Phantom Pokémon, which I believe means Legendary Pokémon. Or it could be a random line that the writers decided to develop into a special when asked to make one. It sounds like a cool piece of trivia, though. XP

Anyways, I've never really carried about the paint edits as much as the music, openings, and translation of the script. Whhhy change them, 4kids and PUSA/TAJ*!?

Just to clarify, I would not be happy if the 4Kids dub's voice actors returned and the music and opening changes continued. I mean, sure, I understand why the openings are changed, but it annoys me and what I want to see in the dub is them. :p

*This is an over exaggeration.

And this thread has changed topic in every way. @_@

Last edited:
Marina is teh sexorz!

I wonder if they will mention her by name?

Hmm...off-topic, but anyone notice how the bashing of the original never seems to really be pointed out, but any of the dub (both versions) is?

Just pointing that out. I think the original writers seem to get bashed the most.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom