• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Marina in the new episodes?

The only bashing I've personally ever seen of the original raw is my own---and I don't see it quite as "bashing" either. I just really, really hate Max and Meowth's Japanese voices.

I mean the people yelling about them rehashing everything, sucking, ect.

They seem to get the least respect...which I don't think is fair.

The Great Butler said:
I will never understand why the signs are such a big deal.

It's more the principal of the thing. If the anime producers had wanted the characters to read books with no titles and visit stores with blank signs, they would have drawn it that way in the first place.

I mean, the characters in the dub practically get all their information from pictograms!

I just really, really hate Max and Meowth's Japanese voices.

I'll agree with Masato's voice (the Japanese VA just canNOT act), but I rather like Nyasu's Japanese voice. I'll admit that it was a bit of an acquired taste, but I think it suits him quite nicely.

I would like to know how the English voice actors for Meowth got "Brooklyn accent" out of something as extremely Japanese as a maneki neko.

Lil Brother said:
Aside from the onigiri/sandwich thing

Which, you'll notice, I really didn't say that much about. Everyone else blew that one out of proportion.

Marina is teh sexorz!

I wonder if they will mention her by name?

Who and why would do it? Maybe, if she's an "idol" or sth for Hikari, but other than that... even if Jun'ichi would be there, Ash wouldn't probably remember who he is. And they never met Marina.

It's more the principal of the thing. If the anime producers had wanted the characters to read books with no titles and visit stores with blank signs, they would have drawn it that way in the first place.

I mean, the characters in the dub practically get all their information from pictograms!

Because, as we know from Al Kahn, children don't read.

4Kids kept the fake writing in Gone Corphishin' and it took away from an otherwise great episode. True story.
Which, you'll notice, I really didn't say that much about. Everyone else blew that one out of proportion.
No, you just pointed to the BMG thread which had already done it for you. :p
I mean the people yelling about them rehashing everything, sucking, ect.

They seem to get the least respect...which I don't think is fair.
The rehash thing already blew over. The only thing I really see them bashed for is their apparent inability to write a running plot beyond the badge quest. We're not expecting anything epic but it is annoying when they appear to be building something up and it never, ever leads to anything.
Marina is teh sexorz!

I wonder if they will mention her by name?
Probably not. More likely, Hikari will be talking about the Pokétch rather than the model.

FabuVinny said:
4Kids kept the fake writing in Gone Corphishin' and it took away from an otherwise great episode. True story.

How so????

No, you just pointed to the BMG thread which had already done it for you. :p

That wasn't a "replacement" for commentary on the edit (since I do that after the screenshot anyway), but more of a "look how much people blew this out of proportion."

I wrote two paragraphs about the edit and was done with it. Others wrote pages.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom