• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so just a quick update: The Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8 (Nov 2014 release) and Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 (May 2015 release) packs each have 3 new characters, 8 new courses (split between two cups), and 4 new vehicles (!!!). And if you pre-order/purchase both packs, you get access to mega color options for both Yoshi and Shy Guy. (I think 8 new colors each?) All for the low price of USD 8/GBP 7 per pack, or USD 12/GBP 11 for the two-pack bundle! (Can't find the euro pricing yet.)

Omg, this DLC stuff looks amazing. o__o;; Still miffed about Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, but otherwise this looks sooo good~

But this helps to show what amiibo can do for MK8 (at least a little bit). Now that we know Link and Animal Crossing Villager are going to be in MK8, we'll most likely be able to use Zelda and Animal Crossing amiibo figures (well, at least Link and Villager's figures) in the game, and possibly Capt. Falcon's figure, as well (we have an F-Zero kart & stage confirmed). How, we still don't know, at least MK8 may not be limited to just Mario/DK-franchise figures as I originally thought.

I played 4 of the first 6 Mario Kart games, missing Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Double Dash. My first game I've owned myself was Super Circuit. I lost my copy in a trailer that I rented for a few summers.

I think today's Nintendo Direct warrants another MK8 bump, no?

We now have all the details about the first DLC Pack for Mario Kart 8 as well as amiibo integration, which you can read about here. I'm uber-excited that SNES Rainbow Road is back! That was my second favorite track in MK7, and now I can play it in HD! ^__^ As for the amiibo integration, it's pretty lackluster in my opinion, but I also can't wait to race as Captain Falcon, sooo I guess there's that?

Also, to celebrate the release of the DLC Pack, I was thinking we could have a Bulbagarden Mario Kart tournament going here. Maybe we could try one out this month, and possibly have more depending on attendance/interest. What do y'all think?

I personally agree with the MK8 tourney idea, but I am curious as to how many players would be allowed per match, considering the difficuilty of getting three-twelve players together. Also, if this is tourney is made with the in-game tourney cerator, what's to stop other people intruding? Or people with the most MK8 time as opposed to actual skill dominating? Eh, either way, I hope I get a copy in time for this.

Starting with 7, I've been picking "mains".

Mario Kart 7: Lakitu
Mario Kart 8: Baby Rosalina

Mario Kart 8 DLC expectations?

Okay, in August, there was DLC for MK8. One released straight away, one came out in November. Now one's releasing in May.
What stuff do you guys wanna see in the Animal Crossing DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom