• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

marvel multiverse RPG signups, unlimited slots, always open

helperman

i still love ditto, but i like this album too
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
i have just got the Marvel multiverse and wanted to test it out. we will be playing in an alternate universe that combines the Marvel and Pokemon universes together. your characters will start at rank 1. We will be using existing characters but will create them from scratch because these are the Pokemon world versions. if you have the rule book, complete the character sheet as normal and then add in Pokemon. if not, then fill out this character sheet, and then let me help you with the rule parts:
(you have five points to raise your ability scores with)
melee:
agility:
resilience:
vigilance:
ego:
logic:

marvel hero or anti-hero they are based on:
codename(their name in costume):
power ideas(I will use this to help me when I look in my rule book for powers you can have):
height:
weight:
eyes:
hair:
distinguishing features:
history(this will explain there origin story and various other things that happened in there past):
personality:
pokemon:

Rating: teen. For most part I intend to keep this everyone, but marvel can get into some dark topics, so I will rate this teen just in case

Last edited:
still looking for players. jusrt to let you know, this will be one of my first times being a GM. their will be very little commitment, if some one wants to leave or join, i will let them do it when ever.

Hi, I wanna join. For characters, do I take a Pokémon human character and sorta combine them with a marvel character?
more of you take a marvel character and pokemonize them. but that is one method of doing it. one example of a character i have made with this idea is iron mon. a unovan billionaire was kidnapped by team rocket, and built a modified version of that armor mew two wore in that one movie to escape.

any other qustions?

Mmk so if I take scarlet witch (who’s my favourite marvel character) she’s now a Sinnoh woman who was kidnapped by some evil team when she was younger and now that’s there. I’ve got a friend who might like this? Idk
if you still want to play, that might actually be enough. i could take the scarlet witch sheet from my book, make some modifications, and if i have any questions anywhere, i could ask you. sound good?

I've never done an RP with stats and stuff before, but I could give it a try if there are still slots open? My idea is based on Venom and could probably just use his character sheet as far as stats go, I think?
marvel hero or anti-hero they are based on: Venom
codename(their name in costume): Venomask
power ideas: (merged form) superhuman strength, agility, and resilience; ability to use some Poison- and Steel-Type moves (separated) on its own, the "symbiote" is a Steel/Poison Type Pokémon with shapeshifting powers. It's about as strong as Nihilego stat-wise if it's just been bonded to a host, but the longer it's unbonded and the farther from the host it gets, the weaker it becomes.
height: around 5'10''
weight: around 170 lbs.
eyes: brown
hair: light brown
distinguishing features: perpetually disheveled and kinda sleep deprived due to a combination of his job and having to keep an eye on his "partner". Always carries a messenger bag that his "symbiote" is SUPPOSED to hide in (it prefers using its shapeshifting powers to merge with Eddie's clothes).
history:
Some time ago, the Unovan hero Spidops-Man helped stage a raid on Team Plasma's P2 Laboratory. During the raid, Spidops-Man found what seemed to be a prototype set of shapeshifting smart clothes. The tech proved to be a big upgrade to his uniform, so after using it to help subdue Team Plasma's lab security. Spidops-Man held onto it. After using the smart clothes for a while, though, he started acting strange...
The public story is that the smart clothes malfunctioned and Spidops-Man destroyed them. In reality, Spidops-Man discovered that the "tech" was really an unknown Pokemonoid life form. After managing to force it off his body, he turned it over to the International Police, who moved it to a secret facility in the Desert Resort for research.
Eddie Brock was a reporter whose career was going VERY badly after a series of mistakes. He desperately needed something to impress his boss and keep his job. Inspired by his partner Beheeyem, he decided he was going to do an expose on the Desert Resort facility. The facility had covered up the Elgyem species' crash-landing on the planet decades ago before deciding to declassify it, and it was rumored they had much more information they hadn't revealed.
Eddie shouldn't have been able to break into the facility, but unfortunately for everyone involved, he tried to get in at the same time security was occupied by something trying to get OUT. Spidops-Man's "smart suit" was now known to be a Steel/Poison-Type Ultra Beast, dubbed UB-S1 Hijacker or "Venomask" by the scientists due to its Typing, shapeshifting powers, and need for a host to reach full power. Venomask was tired of being a lab Rattata, but all the humans in the facility were trained in handling dangerous and unusual Pokémon. They weren't easy targets. Venomask tried to break out anyway and stumbled on Eddie, who was a far more vulnerable target. Venomask quickly hijacked his body, and fought their way out of the facility, across the Desert Resort, and into Spidops-Man's home turf of Castellia City. By the time Eddie got a handle on what was happening to him, he had a scoop on Spidops-Man's battle with the new "villain"--but he also had a mischievous and potentially VERY destructive monster on his hands. Since then, Eddie has been trying to balance his job with keeping a handle on his Venomask form and doing SOME good with it.
Oh, and trying not to get found out as Venomask and arrested. He's still wanted by International Police for the breakout incident.

personality: (Eddie) Observant but cynical. Often prickly toward others due to thinking of them as better off/luckier than he is. Has self-confidence issues due to his own mistakes and will overcompensate by verbally lashing out at others' mistakes. Not physically violent by nature (which help counterbalance the Hijacker Pokémon). Generally pulls through to do the right thing, although Venomask can influence that negatively. He was a bit of a conspiracy nut before meeting Venomask, and his experience with the Hijacker Pokémon has only amplified his jumpiness.
(Venomask) Mischievous, sometimes to the point of malevolence, and likes to brute-force through problems instead of using more reasonable methods. To Venomask, humans are just a strange new lifeform in this strange new world competing for resources, and it doesn't see any issue with attacking a human the same way you would attack a Pokémon. It holds grudges against Spidops-Man and the International Police due to its past experiences. It's growing fond of Eddie, though, which makes it a...BIT more inclined to listen to its host.
pokemon: Besides Venomask, Eddie has a male Beheeyem nicknamed Ross. Since Ross can get into Eddie's brain and psychically break down his bond with Venomask, Ross is Eddie's ace against Venomask going out of control.
Eddie also recently caught a female Sandile nicknamed Silica. He's currently training her to be a physical defense against Venomask, since the Steel/Poison Type is quadruple-weak to Ground.
1705184925097.jpeg

Venomask is based on a combination of Nihilego and the scrapped Steel-Type Ditto evolution that was planned for Gold and Silver. I almost named it the Symbiote Pokémon, but Nihilego is already UB-01 Symbiont, so "Hijacker" it was. I wasn't sure what the timeline was in terms of how much the International Police knew about the Ultra Beasts, so I didn't want to call it UB-00 or tack it onto the end of the UB's numbers. I ended up calling it UB-S1, with the idea being that the scientists suspected some relationship to UB-01 Nihilego, but couldn't prove it, so they gave Venomask a sub-number.
1705185826693.jpeg

The symbol on his chest is the Metal Type symbol from the TCG.
1705185878245.jpeg

I've never done an RP with stats and stuff before, but I could give it a try if there are still slots open? My idea is based on Venom and could probably just use his character sheet as far as stats go, I think?
marvel hero or anti-hero they are based on: Venom
codename(their name in costume): Venomask
power ideas: (merged form) superhuman strength, agility, and resilience; ability to use some Poison- and Steel-Type moves (separated) on its own, the "symbiote" is a Steel/Poison Type Pokémon with shapeshifting powers. It's about as strong as Nihilego stat-wise if it's just been bonded to a host, but the longer it's unbonded and the farther from the host it gets, the weaker it becomes.
height: around 5'10''
weight: around 170 lbs.
eyes: brown
hair: light brown
distinguishing features: perpetually disheveled and kinda sleep deprived due to a combination of his job and having to keep an eye on his "partner". Always carries a messenger bag that his "symbiote" is SUPPOSED to hide in (it prefers using its shapeshifting powers to merge with Eddie's clothes).
history:
Some time ago, the Unovan hero Spidops-Man helped stage a raid on Team Plasma's P2 Laboratory. During the raid, Spidops-Man found what seemed to be a prototype set of shapeshifting smart clothes. The tech proved to be a big upgrade to his uniform, so after using it to help subdue Team Plasma's lab security. Spidops-Man held onto it. After using the smart clothes for a while, though, he started acting strange...
The public story is that the smart clothes malfunctioned and Spidops-Man destroyed them. In reality, Spidops-Man discovered that the "tech" was really an unknown Pokemonoid life form. After managing to force it off his body, he turned it over to the International Police, who moved it to a secret facility in the Desert Resort for research.
Eddie Brock was a reporter whose career was going VERY badly after a series of mistakes. He desperately needed something to impress his boss and keep his job. Inspired by his partner Beheeyem, he decided he was going to do an expose on the Desert Resort facility. The facility had covered up the Elgyem species' crash-landing on the planet decades ago before deciding to declassify it, and it was rumored they had much more information they hadn't revealed.
Eddie shouldn't have been able to break into the facility, but unfortunately for everyone involved, he tried to get in at the same time security was occupied by something trying to get OUT. Spidops-Man's "smart suit" was now known to be a Steel/Poison-Type Ultra Beast, dubbed UB-S1 Hijacker or "Venomask" by the scientists due to its Typing, shapeshifting powers, and need for a host to reach full power. Venomask was tired of being a lab Rattata, but all the humans in the facility were trained in handling dangerous and unusual Pokémon. They weren't easy targets. Venomask tried to break out anyway and stumbled on Eddie, who was a far more vulnerable target. Venomask quickly hijacked his body, and fought their way out of the facility, across the Desert Resort, and into Spidops-Man's home turf of Castellia City. By the time Eddie got a handle on what was happening to him, he had a scoop on Spidops-Man's battle with the new "villain"--but he also had a mischievous and potentially VERY destructive monster on his hands. Since then, Eddie has been trying to balance his job with keeping a handle on his Venomask form and doing SOME good with it.
Oh, and trying not to get found out as Venomask and arrested. He's still wanted by International Police for the breakout incident.

personality: (Eddie) Observant but cynical. Often prickly toward others due to thinking of them as better off/luckier than he is. Has self-confidence issues due to his own mistakes and will overcompensate by verbally lashing out at others' mistakes. Not physically violent by nature (which help counterbalance the Hijacker Pokémon). Generally pulls through to do the right thing, although Venomask can influence that negatively. He was a bit of a conspiracy nut before meeting Venomask, and his experience with the Hijacker Pokémon has only amplified his jumpiness.
(Venomask) Mischievous, sometimes to the point of malevolence, and likes to brute-force through problems instead of using more reasonable methods. To Venomask, humans are just a strange new lifeform in this strange new world competing for resources, and it doesn't see any issue with attacking a human the same way you would attack a Pokémon. It holds grudges against Spidops-Man and the International Police due to its past experiences. It's growing fond of Eddie, though, which makes it a...BIT more inclined to listen to its host.
pokemon: Besides Venomask, Eddie has a male Beheeyem nicknamed Ross. Since Ross can get into Eddie's brain and psychically break down his bond with Venomask, Ross is Eddie's ace against Venomask going out of control.
Eddie also recently caught a female Sandile nicknamed Silica. He's currently training her to be a physical defense against Venomask, since the Steel/Poison Type is quadruple-weak to Ground.
View attachment 181367
Venomask is based on a combination of Nihilego and the scrapped Steel-Type Ditto evolution that was planned for Gold and Silver. I almost named it the Symbiote Pokémon, but Nihilego is already UB-01 Symbiont, so "Hijacker" it was. I wasn't sure what the timeline was in terms of how much the International Police knew about the Ultra Beasts, so I didn't want to call it UB-00 or tack it onto the end of the UB's numbers. I ended up calling it UB-S1, with the idea being that the scientists suspected some relationship to UB-01 Nihilego, but couldn't prove it, so they gave Venomask a sub-number.
View attachment 181368
The symbol on his chest is the Metal Type symbol from the TCG.
View attachment 181370
The stats for venom in the rule book are for a higher level, but a first level stat level that I think captures the idea is 2 points in melee and agility, and 1 point in resilience. Sound good?

ok. at first level you get 4 powers and those power are limited to first level powers. the symbiote origin selects 2 of those powers for you, super strength, and environmental protection(which basically means you can survive in space). for the last two powers, i suggest to use the elemental power(the level one one is called elemental blast) with the elements of metal, and my own homemade one called poison, in order to represent steel and poison type pokemon moves. sound good?

sorry I haven't posted for so long.
Sounds great! That seems like a good representation.
Next is we choose a trait. Here are a few that sounds good for venom, you can only choose one on first level, berserker(whenever you take damage, you have to do a ego check. If you fail, you get angry. While angry, you have to attack the enemy that hurt you. While angry you also gain a raise in your melee, resilience, and ego defenses, but get a lowered agility defense), bloodthirsty( when ever you knock out an enemy, you have to do a challenging ego check and if you fail you will continue beating them up until their dead), or free running( you have an advantage on checks done to perform acrobatics). If you choose one that is negative, you will get a karma point every time it comes into play. A karma point is basically something you can use to make something in the future more likely to succeed.

sorry I haven't posted for so long.

Next is we choose a trait. Here are a few that sounds good for venom, you can only choose one on first level, berserker(whenever you take damage, you have to do a ego check. If you fail, you get angry. While angry, you have to attack the enemy that hurt you. While angry you also gain a raise in your melee, resilience, and ego defenses, but get a lowered agility defense), bloodthirsty( when ever you knock out an enemy, you have to do a challenging ego check and if you fail you will continue beating them up until their dead), or free running( you have an advantage on checks done to perform acrobatics). If you choose one that is negative, you will get a karma point every time it comes into play. A karma point is basically something you can use to make something in the future more likely to succeed.
I feel like Berserker would fit the dynamic I was picturing best? Like, Eddie just barely has a handle on his partner and something causing Eddie to slip lets it take over until Eddie can get himself together.

I feel like Berserker would fit the dynamic I was picturing best? Like, Eddie just barely has a handle on his partner and something causing Eddie to slip lets it take over until Eddie can get himself together.
ok. now your character's done

Back
Top Bottom