• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mass Outbreak Glitch?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Stumbled upon this very interesting bug while playing PLA a few seconds ago, and I was lucky enough to be able to grab a video of it happening— and I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or… has any idea how this sort of thing occurs. LOL

I walked out of the grass in the video because I thought maybe it had something to do with me hiding causing this mass outbreak of Roselia to disappear, or that I was moving… but no, they were quite literally flickering in and out of existence. I only managed to ‘fix’ it by catching one before it vanished again, the Roselia seemed to remain after that.

If you haven’t encountered this, have you encountered any other bugs?

I haven't seen this, but I did see a different bug early on in my playthrough; wild Pokémon just completely stopped spawning until I shut the game off. As I recall it happened after I was throwing a Pokéball into something that despawned just as it hit because of a space distortion appearing in the area.

A more minor one is I've seen a few Pokémon that were stunned by a sticky glob continue to rotate in place to keep me in their line of sight, so I couldn't get behind them.

That seems like it might be a rendering or memory issue to me but I haven't seen anything about that. Does resetting your system fix it?

I haven't seen this, but I did see a different bug early on in my playthrough; wild Pokémon just completely stopped spawning until I shut the game off. As I recall it happened after I was throwing a Pokéball into something that despawned just as it hit because of a space distortion appearing in the area.

A more minor one is I've seen a few Pokémon that were stunned by a sticky glob continue to rotate in place to keep me in their line of sight, so I couldn't get behind them.

That sounds to me like it's similar to this glitch.

This seems to happen when the game gets stuck thinking it's supposed to be in a battle when it isn't, maybe the game got stuck with trying to register the vanished Pokemon while it was loading the space-time distorition.

• Staff
wild Pokémon just completely stopped spawning until I shut the game off. As I recall it happened after I was throwing a Pokéball into something that despawned just as it hit because of a space distortion appearing in the area.
Yooo that’s crazy! I’ve never had ANY bugs happen before, so I was taken by surprise when this occurred. I guess space-time distortions cause the world to be really fragile for a second.

Oh, I would HATE this one, LOL.

That seems like it might be a rendering or memory issue to me but I haven't seen anything about that. Does resetting your system fix it?
I actually didn’t need to reset my system to fix it, but I did anyway just to be safe afterward. I feel it was a rendering issue solely because I fiddled with it for a bit.

I think it was a proximity based issue of where I was in radius to the outbreak. I think this because once I got closer to the Roselias (like on the very cusp of the tall grass) they remained! But when I walked away as far as I did in my clip, they would flicker again. Maybe I did something before approaching the outbreak that caused the radius of it registering I was ‘in’ the outbreak to mess up. Even weirder bonus fact of me experimenting with it was that some of the Roselias aggro’d on me… but after they flickered out of existence again, the aggro disappeared. Interesting stuff. Least I got to catch them.

This seems to happen when the game gets stuck thinking it's supposed to be in a battle when it isn't, maybe the game got stuck with trying to register the vanished Pokemon while it was loading the space-time distorition.
I didn’t have a space-time distortion loading, but I definitely feel it has to be related to two things happening at the same time that usually do not. Also that video is similar but to a much more painful degree for sure LOL

Never thought I’d see a glitch myself!

Stumbled upon this very interesting bug while playing PLA a few seconds ago, and I was lucky enough to be able to grab a video of it happening— and I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or… has any idea how this sort of thing occurs. LOL

I walked out of the grass in the video because I thought maybe it had something to do with me hiding causing this mass outbreak of Roselia to disappear, or that I was moving… but no, they were quite literally flickering in and out of existence. I only managed to ‘fix’ it by catching one before it vanished again, the Roselia seemed to remain after that.

If you haven’t encountered this, have you encountered any other bugs?

I have not encountered this but I did once or twice encounter invisible Rufflets during a Rufflet outbreak that I was shiny resetting.
p9uU7Vq.jpg

The outbreak might have also been longer than 15 Pokemon but a separate nearby Rufflet spawn area might have bled in with it. Hard to tell. Either way, it was a bit too weird so I gave up on the shiny.

That sounds to me like it's similar to this glitch.

The entire game is a lie! Cresselia is the real God! XD
This is dope. I love creepy glitches.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom