• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Masters Tournament special preview

The preview is likely all from that first "The Curtain rises" episode. It's an opening ceremony showing all the champions test their Pokémon out. The scoreboard screens are blank.

That's also why we're only seeing each character use their ace.
Well there's a Dragonite being used and that's no one's ace in the anime. There's also a Rillaboom on the field (probably Leons) and that's not an ace either

Absolutely terrible animation in that preview.

Current copium is that Master's 8 is going to be a long arc and this covers just the first few episodes, and that we get the good looking fights later on.
I agree. It doesn't look good. But this seems to be a special preview for episode 115 like the one we got for 109.

Well there's a Dragonite being used and that's no one's ace in the anime. There's also a Rillaboom on the field (probably Leons) and that's not an ace either
But what I mean is it looks like 1 pokemon each. Pikachu's electricity is going after Steven's Metagross.

It's likely to show all the champions testing each other out in an opening ceremony. The scoreboard screens being blank makes that rather obvious too.

But what I mean is it looks like 1 pokemon each. Pikachu's electricity is going after Steven's Metagross.

It's likely to show all the champions testing each other out in an opening ceremony. The scoreboard screens being blank makes that rather obvious too.

This article suggests that too.

Also doesn't this preview pretty much confirm no reserves because we see Charizard, Krookodile, and Infernape watching with Oak, Delia, and Tracey?

aDDPGeN.jpg

Also doesn't this preview pretty much confirm no reserves because we see Charizard, Krookodile, and Infernape watching with Oak, Delia, and Tracey?

aDDPGeN.jpg
Not exactly. Due to the 6-Pokemon limit, all of Ash's reserves would be stuck at Oak's Lab until right before they were needed. Honestly, Ash's reserves watching him battle on TV is unprecedented, so it's hard to say what that actually means for their likelihood of being used. Maybe just being shown at all should give us hope.

I think we'll have a better idea in JN114, based on whether or not Ash uses any reserves against Paul.

aDDPGeN.jpg
This is probably from the Paul episode.

Honestly, despite this teasing the start of the Masters Class tournament, I think seeing that Hop exists with a Wooloo to boot got me more excited than anything else. It seems way too late to bring him into the anime, but maybe he'll at least get some nice bit of characterization in spite of his limited screentime. I was also pretty shocked to see Tracey. I don't know if he'll actually get any lines, but we haven't seen him even get a silent cameo in ages, so even that would be a step up for him. I still really doubt that Ash will use his reserves, but it's nice to see a few of them watching one of is battles.

The shot of Gigatamax Rillaboom was also a bit of a twist. It probably does belong to Leon, but that it also makes me wonder why they haven't really done much with Goh's Grookey. People wouldn't have been in favor of another set of rushed evolutions for it, but at the same time, it seems weird to rush Sobble's evolutions so that he could get Grookey only for it to not evolve. While I was still fine with how Goh caught both Sobble and Grookey, I think that it would have been a better choice to give Ash either Sobble or Grookey instead.

Honestly, despite this teasing the start of the Masters Class tournament, I think seeing that Hop exists with a Wooloo to boot got me more excited than anything else. It seems way too late to bring him into the anime, but maybe he'll at least get some nice bit of characterization in spite of his limited screentime. I was also pretty shocked to see Tracey. I don't know if he'll actually get any lines, but we haven't seen him even get a silent cameo in ages, so even that would be a step up for him. I still really doubt that Ash will use his reserves, but it's nice to see a few of them watching one of is battles.

The shot of Gigatamax Rillaboom was also a bit of a twist. It probably does belong to Leon, but that it also makes me wonder why they haven't really done much with Goh's Grookey. People wouldn't have been in favor of another set of rushed evolutions for it, but at the same time, it seems weird to rush Sobble's evolutions so that he could get Grookey only for it to not evolve. While I was still fine with how Goh caught both Sobble and Grookey, I think that it would have been a better choice to give Ash either Sobble or Grookey instead.
Sobble's evolutions were rushed precisely so that Grookey could take it's spot as Goh's cute unevolving Pokemon.

Leon using a G-Max Rillaboom is honestly the most exciting thing to me in that trailer. Finally the Grooky line will get some redemption especially since I'm assuming he'll use it to beat one of these other contestants

Really for me, then iris does not deserve to win one single match in bw anime then how she reached this level I don't know?

I saw everything single episode in bw so no one will tell me. Tobias who got latios and darkrai couldn't be there so how does she?

The pyramid king branden who consider as one of the best characters in this anime never played so how does she be there? Can someone answered me?

I want to see all of casey, zoey, may, n with concordia and anthia, misty, branden, tobias, burgundy and Georgia.

Sobble's evolutions were rushed precisely so that Grookey could take it's spot as Goh's cute unevolving Pokemon.
I understand that, but if the goal was just to give Goh a cute unevolving Pokemon, then it just makes me wonder why they bothered to give him Sobble in the first place. Despite the misleading promotion for Sobble, I thought that its capture was good and I adore Goh's scene with Drizzle after it evolved. It was easily one of my favorite moments in Journeys and in the anime in general. But at the same time, if they just wanted to rush through its evolutions so that Goh could have Grookey as his cute marketable always outside of its Pokeball, it would have been more ideal for Ash or even Chloe to get Sobble instead. Even before this preview, I think that they would have been better off splitting the Galar starters instead of giving them all to Goh or one character, especially when they waited way too long to debut Grookey only for it to go to Goh and not do much as a result. Seeing Gigatamax Rillaboom just made me think more about my issues with the Galar starters in this series.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom