• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Masters Tournament special preview

And here I thought Ash was going to show Iris and Lance how to actually use a Dragonite.
They really hate Dragonite, don't they?

Also idk how to feel that
Cynthia retires
Comes out of the blue and feels weird.

The battle itself looks pretty okayish, but nothing that makes we excuted. We are still talking about Pokémon Journeys here.

Why did I watch this. Half way through it spoiled the first half of the battle, with it showing which Pokemon went down.
Great! Even without pausing it, you could see some of the results.

Looks like Pikachu and Spiritomb draw as both their icons fade at the same time.

I guess Dragonite won’t get to use its Draco Meteor technique against Garchomp (Was always likely that it was never going to get the winning blow against it, and instead Lucario, but still)…if it got beaten without getting a K’O on one of Cynthia’s, I swear to God…please don’t tell me Dragonite is another Goodra
At least it isn't a total blowout it seems. Also, dang, Lucario's going ham on that Togekiss.

At least it isn't a total blowout it seems. Also, dang, Lucario's going ham on that Togekiss.
Makes sense, Lucario has the advantage
I don't like Gengar or Dragonite jobbing tho. Has been done too much in JN already. I expect Pikachu ,Dracovish and Sirfetch'd to draw with Spirtomb, Roserade and Milotic respectively.

They really hate Dragonite, don't they?

Cynthia retires

The battle itself looks pretty okayish, but nothing that makes we excuted. We are still talking about Pokémon Journeys here.
Wait, where'd you find that spoiler?

Looks like the leaks were wrong thank god but Ash still will struggle
Battle Prediction time:
Spiritomb vs Dragonite: Spiritomb wins
Roserade vs Gengar:
Gastrodon vs Gengar: Gengar wins
Togekiss vs Gengar: Togekiss wins
Togekiss vs Pikachu:
Spiritomb vs Pikachu: Draw
Roserade vs Dracovish: Roserade wins
Roserade vs Sirfetch’d: Sirfetch’d wins
Milotic vs Sirfetch’d: Draw
Togekiss vs Lucario: Lucario wins
Mega Garchomp vs Mega Lucario: Mega Lucario wins
CYNTHIA IS RETIRING WHAT

Cynthia retires
Why bother have Cynthia retire as the Sinnoh Champion in an anime where the main character is essentially Peter Pan?

Although, it might be a shout out to a side arc involving Volkner in DP, albeit with a different character. My theory is that Cynthia is considering on stepping down because she keeps winning all her matches, but her spark is rekindled when she battles Ash (and loses to him or Leon). Just like how Volkner had plans on challenging the Elite Four out of disillusion before he battles the player character.

Also, the trailer gave out too many spoilers. I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to Ash's battle with Leon (if he defeats Cynthia).

Why bother have Cynthia retire as the Sinnoh Champion in an anime where the main character is essentially Peter Pan?

Although, it might be a shout out to a side arc involving Volkner in DP, albeit with a different character. My theory is that Cynthia is considering on stepping down because she keeps winning all her matches, but her spark is rekindled when she battles Ash (and loses to him or Leon). Just like how Volkner had plans on challenging the Elite Four out of disillusion before he battles the player character.

Also, the trailer gave out too many spoilers. I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to Ash's battle with Leon (if he defeats Cynthia).
Indeed the trailer gave weirdly many spoilers of who loses and who wins.

honestly if it is a fake-out, it would be stupid. It doesn't really fit Cynthia and it would rub me the wrong way. I can see Cynthia asking Paul to become Gym Leader so he can gain experience and then later take over as Champion. Maybe something similarly happend between Alder and Iris?

Cynthia revealing her plan to retire before her match with Ash is only there to soften the blow of her losing. Like 'Eh, she was going to retire after the M8 anyway...'

It's there to build a narative that she's done it all from winning to losing and is ending her Champion career with what's supposed to be one of the most hyped battle of Journeys. It's also mirroring the player character from DPPt defeating the champion and dethroning them.

Cynthia revealing her plan to retire before her match with Ash is only there to soften the blow of her losing. Like 'Eh, she was going to retire after the M8 anyway...'

It's there to build a narative that she's done it all from winning to losing and is ending her Champion career with what's supposed to be one of the most hyped battle of Journeys. It's also mirroring the player character from DPPt defeating the champion and dethroning them.

If she doesn't retire in the end, it is cheap clickbait.

If she does retire, it will leave a bunch of questions like "who takes over?".

It is an interesting idea, but I wish we had a built-up in Iris vs Cynthia, if was getting bored of battles.

So here we are. Ash vs. Champion Cynthia. Judging by the preview, it seems Ash will lose Pikachu, Gengar, and Dragonite early on. We know one or two of them will take out Gastrodon and Spiritomb, and Pikachu will fall to Togekiss. It appears Togekiss will be defeated by Lucario and Lucario will be the last one standing to the absolute beast that is Champion Cynthia's Garchomp.

So here we are. Ash vs. Champion Cynthia. Judging by the preview, it seems Ash will lose Pikachu, Gengar, and Dragonite early on. We know one or two of them will take out Gastrodon and Spiritomb, and Pikachu will fall to Togekiss. It appears Togekiss will be defeated by Lucario and Lucario will be the last one standing to the absolute beast that is Champion Cynthia's Garchomp.
Lol kinda sad how we can predict half of the battle with one trailer

Don't know if anyone already posted this, but I thought it was a neat little graphic I found for the M8 tournament if it hasn't been already, had some "stats" on several characters here-- just for fun: found it randomly online.

Attachments

• Stats Also How Is Ash A Rookie He's A Veteran By Now.png
    Stats Also How Is Ash A Rookie He's A Veteran By Now.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 78
Don't know if anyone already posted this, but I thought it was a neat little graphic I found for the M8 tournament if it hasn't been already, had some "stats" on several characters here-- just for fun: found it randomly online.
Poor Ash lol. He wil always be considered a rookie or a less trainer than his opponents. Like give the dude some credit!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom