• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that

So, to reiterate: the third version is no more 'confirmed' now than it was a month ago. You may feel, as I do, that a third version is highly likely based on past form. But the people taking this as 'confirmation' are reading far too much into it.

Yeah, the way I see it, it's "all but confirmed", and that for it to be confirmed, a reliable official source like Masuda would actually say, "There is going to be a third version"- not merely a conclusion based on past events.

EDIT: I mean, I expect a third version, Gray with Kyurem, but I don't consider it officially confirmed until an official source actually says so.

Re: Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that

They would do a 3 version as Black/White has the perfect set up for one and there would be no reson to end with B/W and also Game Freak loves there money and more Pokemon games= More money for them.

Last edited:

Alright!!
Let's just wait for the third version, I'm pretty sure it'll come out.
I don't care if they want my money, I know I'll be buying the three games of this generation.

Ahem. Nowhere in that interview is it stated that there will be a third version. He simply said he hadn't ruled it out. He would likely say the same thing if you asked him if there was a possibility of a Drill Dozer sequel - that doesn't mean I'm holding my breath for one.

So, to reiterate: the third version is no more 'confirmed' now than it was a month ago. You may feel, as I do, that a third version is highly likely based on past form. But the people taking this as 'confirmation' are reading far too much into it.

And this brings me to a wider point. Over the last few days there's been a lot of back and forth between people who bought into the "no third version" rumour, and those who didn't. If I see people starting to bash and insult others because they took an opposing side in this 'debate', I will lock this thread quicker than a Ninjask riding the shinkansen. Play nice.
Why'd you have to burst my bubble Miltank? Lol. Yeah I know. I just get excited sometimes and get ahead of myself.

Bahaha.

I wonder why Ibe made a statement like that. Maybe she didn't, could've been a mistranslation.

Ditto. Wonder if Ibe is in trouble or if the statement was legit to begin with.

This is like some prime time drama. Will they get together or won't they? Of course we all know the correct answer.

Well, I'm glad we've finally got some confirmation. I would've been extremely put out were there no 3rd version.

Who predicted he'd come out and outright deny it if it was untrue?

I believe I'm owed a cookie.

Who predicted he'd come out and outright deny it if it was untrue?

I believe I'm owed a cookie.
I think people owe me a cookie for predicting the sun would rise again tomorrow >_>

I think people owe me a cookie for predicting the sun would rise again tomorrow >_>
You predict that too often, we're running low on cookies now.

However, here's an expired coupon for 10% off laundry *hands over coupon*.

Nintendo does everything for money, artistic integrity be damned.

They leave the artistic integrity to Game Freak, of course.

Does Game Freak still make any other games, BTW?

Great we can put this to rest...for now. ;)

I was going to make my first comment on this topic, but Miltank beat me to it.

At any rate, what's the big deal if there is a third version or not? It's not like they're going to stop making the games, or like we're going to stop buying them, either. So what's the point of this discussion, anyway?

They leave the artistic integrity to Game Freak, of course.

Does Game Freak still make any other games, BTW?

They made Drill Dozer for the GBA, nothing since then.

Considering I was mocked and insulted for saying the statement was untrue, I believe I'm owed an apology by some people...

...who cares? The important thing is that there's much potential for a third version.

Re: Masuda downplays "No third version" speculation: Game director does not deny that

That's good cause I didn't want GenV to be short. Plus there is alot of room for improvement!
Gamefreak still refuses to give a straight answer... Well at least we're getting something.

Btw: why is this news always at midnight?

Considering I was mocked and insulted for saying the statement was untrue, I believe I'm owed an apology by some people...

Well. I do believe that everyone should get a fair chance, no matter what they're like, buuut asking for it like this is probably going to get you more hurt than anything. I mean, the last time I gave someone a chance because I did that for everyone, I lost a friend. The Pokecommunity will never let you live the Shellos thing down, it seems D||

But yeah, it's unfair still.

God dammit, thank you. I'm glad we got this figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom