• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda replies to tweet regarding remakes of Generation III games: Game Freak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda to "consider" Ruby and Sapphire remakes: Game Freak director acknowledges

I don't care what Game Freak does to my precious RSE, I just want a decent remake that does something to the huge amount sea routes so it isn't as tedious. I just want to play the Hoenn games like I remembered them, not how they actually are.

Re: Masuda to "consider" Ruby and Sapphire remakes: Game Freak director acknowledges

インサイドの例の記事で増田さんがTwitterを始められたと知り、即行フォローさせていただきました!増田さんに頂いたサインをあたためつつ(笑)、RSのリメイク待ってます!これからもお仕事頑張ってください★ -Myomyozo

ありがとう!!サインのあたためも、ありがとう -Junichi Masuda

Now when I translate this I get:
Twitter was started and know the example of Mr. Masuda article inside, we have an immediate follow! Sign capped warm while Mr. Masuda (laughs), I wait for the remake of the RS! ★ Please luck will continue our work-Myomyozo

Thank you! ! The sign is also warm, thank-Junichi Masuda

Is he acknowledging the R/S comment?

I still say that work on an R/S remake probably began the moment HGSS were completed. This is how the videogame industry works, games are in development and aren't announced for a while.

That desperate to win an argument, are we? I also don't remember FR/LG/HG/SS being "despised" by a whole shitload of people like you're making it out to be. Christ people, they're just games.:lol:

This can also apply to movie remakes, and HG/SS did get an amount of hate from the same guys who wanted the remake in the first place (Lyra, the grass, Miltank being one level lower, etc).

This can also apply to movie remakes, and HG/SS did get an amount of hate from the same guys who wanted the remake in the first place (Lyra, the grass, Miltank being one level lower, etc).

While it got a lot of hate from the "True Fans", it also was a major success like 99 percent of Main Series games, and helped bring a lot of people back into the fandom who weren't 6-10 y/o kids who just got DSes.

It was popular enough to spawn a few memes too, mainly Trainer Joey.

I think this whole buzz about the R/S remakes 'warranted' a visit from me.. after an, I don't know, almost 2-3 month hiatus from Bulbagardens? (not that I'm an important person or anything, ha!)

ANYWAYS! Onto the whole topic at hand. Whether or not the remakes are confirmed or not, it definitely re-sparked my interest in the Pokemon franchise, and I'll probably catch up on the latest things happening in the Pokemon world/fandom (not just glancing Bulbapedia's front page every other day XD). If the remakes are confirmed, though, I'll be just as excited as I was when I heard HG/SS and B/W were coming out. It's always good to have new refreshing graphics with a nostalgic storyline, keeps the game fresh, even if the mechanics and underlying plot are virtually the same as before.

Well, I guess that's my whole take on Masuda's subtle tweet, but it's a good enough reason as any to revisit these forums ;D.

Why, why, why, why, why, why?!

There isn't anything to fix in R/S besides the physical/special split and nearly all Hoenn Pokemon are available in the Gen 4 games, so a remake is completely unnecessary. Acknowledging the fan demand means that a company will be going down the toilet, just like what happened to the Sonic fanbase.

Seriously? Hoenn's been majorly ignored after RSE and while Kanto keeps getting appearances, Hoenn is still not getting the attention it deserves. And right now R/S are the only main series games that aren't "3D-ified". And what better time for that than its 10th anniversary next year.

Rayquaza's arrival in 3D is going to kick ass. ._.

Last edited:

Yes please.
I would love to see Hoenn with the kind of graphics we've been treated with recently with Black/White & HearGold/SoulSilver.

Personally, I DO want these games.

I liked the Hoenn games, not near as much as the JOhto ones, but still. I think seeing them in Pokemon Black and White visuals would be truly amazing. Also a nice way to get some Gen 3 pokemon to trade to Black/White without needing Dream world.

Why did a response that, basically, said "Thanks for the compliment, I'm going to put the same effort into future games!" make news?

I'll happily receive these remakes. I don't care if it's still possible to play the originals and have these games communicate with the newer games...it's not that simple. The general public (especially the younger generation) deserve to know Hoenn, and the region itself deserves to be revamped about as much as any other (and, in chronological order, obviously it's the next on the "to-do" list). In a way, I would prefer a sequel, but a remake is just fine and will give me some good fun, which is what I'm looking for in gaming.

Why did a response that, basically, said "Thanks for the compliment, I'm going to put the same effort into future games!" make news?
Because originally it was mistranslated with Masuda saying "I will consider it" in the last bit.

As exciting this news must be to people who want these RSE remakes, I wouldn't jump the fence and say without a reasonable doubt these will be made. Masuda might not of even meant RSE when he said "I want to make somehting good." Just my opinion.

Hoenn and R/S/E were my favorite Pokemon region and games, topped only by Unova and gen 5. In terms of originality though and setting, nothing beats it for me.

However, I do not want remakes this generation. Why have it on the DS which is unneeded when it could be much better on its successor? I'd rather have a beautiful region like Hoenn in lush 3D.

In my opinion, they are working on it in this gen and will release it in gen 6. I fully agree with Zeta that they could enhance some gen 3 Pokemon by adding evolutions to them in gen 6.

Theres no need for a generation 5 Hoenn remake. It would make more sense and be a better fit if it were generation 6 on a new platform and it would be further away from when the last remakes were released: HG/SS

Gen 6 might start around 2013-2014, so I expect this to happen in 2015-16 exactly 6 years after the last remakes. Hopefully, Hoenn will be the last and final region to be remade.

Sweet, one of my favorite regions could make a come-back! I just hope the music would have less Arceus-damned trumpets.

I'm guessing our constant pleading to GameFreak is working?
Pokemon: Stunfisk Version may come true just yet!

As long as they stop the remakes with RSE I'm happy.

I think this is the best hint we'll be getting until the games actually are announced, and I'm pretty sure it IS a hint - the comment connected his desire to make something special with his own fondness for the RSE series; if that's not a hint then I don't know what is.

As for whether or not the remakes are "necessary", well, I think it would be rather strange and unfair of GF neglect any part of its franchise, especially in the main series, the most influential and integral part of it. RSE deserves remakes just as much as RBY & GSC did.

I agree with Green Zubat, if this isn't a hint then I don't know what is. Even though there will be other possibilities. And actually, I believe that these games (if they happen) will be on the DS, as much as I want a main series game on the 3DS. IDK why, I just have that feeling, you know what I mean?

I think these games (if they happen, again) will be released sometime Sept/Oct of 2012 with releases in the US and Europe maybe before the Christmas holiday, but most likely in Mar/April 2013. To keep us from going mad at a 10 month span without a Pokemon game, I'm thinking a B/W MD or a XD/Colo sequel for 3DS and/or Wii.

I don't really care which system they will be for I just want a remake lol. Hopefully we'll get something in November/December.

Wish Game Freak just put all the current regions together on one cartridge for the 3DS and put a stop to the madness. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom