• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details to a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

C'mon Colosseum 3!

Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

I really don't think it's be the alleged Black & White remake. Because if you REALLY think about it, there's really not much to really update about the game, besides for Kyurem's possible third forme and some other game mechanics. Not saying they'll never make it, just think it's too early for them to do it yet. I think it'll be either a R/S/E remake or a spin-off game.

Nah, there is a good possibility that a third version will be released somewhere in 2012 in Japan (2013 everywhere else) considering Black and White are almost 2 years old. Doesn't mean it's 100% guaranteed that Scarlet the third version will be revealed next week; at best we'll only get a teaser or something of that nature. Still, the third version is on it's way for sure sometime in the future..

Ok, so I do love the idea of a third B/W version, but why does everybody keep saying "Oh, we're gonna have a new Kyurem form/e." Maybe the game won't be focused on Kyurem. Maybe it'll be focused on the Musketeers trio and Keldeo, kinda like what they did in Crystal with Suicune.

Unlikely, Suicune was a one off because there was no 3rd counterpart to Ho-oh and Suicune. As with RSE and DPP they will probably replace the individual dragon with Kyurem and make both available at a later point in the game. Also we already have programming in BW for the God Stone which is likely the object that turns Kyurem into it's new forme, like the Griseous Orb. There is nothing to suggest Keldeo will be the mascot/star of the 3rd game, unless your saying you thought Shaymin was a possible Mascot for the 3rd game of Sinnoh.
I agree with Keldeo94 about the mascot of the 3rd Unova version but @Keldeo94 do you mean Ho-oh and Lugia?

Yes, simple type error sorry. I meant to say There was no 3rd counterpart to Ho-oh and Lugia.

I have a feeling he will appear in the end of the show and showing off a silhouette of Kyurem's new forme... or presenting the games title and silhouette

Huh. I wonder if this is related to the Nintendo direct thing happening this week. Reggie Fils-Aime is also promising big announcements. Too bad I'll be at work so I can't see them live...

Unlikely, Suicune was a one off because there was no 3rd counterpart to Ho-oh and Suicune. As with RSE and DPP they will probably replace the individual dragon with Kyurem and make both available at a later point in the game. Also we already have programming in BW for the God Stone which is likely the object that turns Kyurem into it's new forme, like the Griseous Orb. There is nothing to suggest Keldeo will be the mascot/star of the 3rd game, unless your saying you thought Shaymin was a possible Mascot for the 3rd game of Sinnoh.

Er, I kind of always thought Celebi was a third counterpart to Lugia and Ho-Oh, with Ho-Oh ruling the skies, Lugia ruling the sea, and Celebi ruling the forest.

I'm not saying that Keldeo being the mascot to the third game is likely, nor am I saying that I'm against Kyurem being the third dragon (I just think it doesn't need a new form/e). I never mentioned Shaymin at all in my post, so that was kind of irrelevant. I'm just trying to look at it from all angles and see all the possibilities.

Er, I kind of always thought Celebi was a third counterpart to Lugia and Ho-Oh, with Ho-Oh ruling the skies, Lugia ruling the sea, and Celebi ruling the forest.

Um no, Celebi is in no way a counterpart to Ho-oh and Lugia. It has a completely different moveset, it's not a legendary bird like the other 2, its stats are different, also the other 2 birds had towers in Ecruteak, Celebi did not, Celebi was just an event exclusive similar to Mew, are you saying Mew was a counterpart to Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos? No I thought not.

I'm not saying that Keldeo being the mascot to the third game is likely, nor am I saying that I'm against Kyurem being the third dragon (I just think it doesn't need a new form/e). I never mentioned Shaymin at all in my post, so that was kind of irrelevant.

You based your speculation on Keldeo possibly being a version Mascot based on the fact it's going to feature in the upcoming film. It's just an event exclusive legendary to sell the films such as Shaymin was in Gen 4, it was an event exclusive legendary in the film, but that didn't mean it was the version Mascot for Platinum.

As for your point about a new forme, it's been confirmed that it has an additional forme by data in Black and White. It doesn't tell us what the new forme is, no sprite or stats etc, not even how it changes formes, but it does tell us there is another forme.

Releasing (whatever color) in the 10 year anniversary of RS? Whatever, if they miss this opportunity than they will miss the opportunity.

and HERE WE GO, TIME TO EXPLAIN THIS AGAIN.

I highly doubt they will split this generation up. That doesn't make any sense. And don't use the "oh, but you need a GBC to play Crystal!"

BUT, you could still trade normally between a pocket w/ gold and a color with Crystal. DS and 3DS are two completely different generations. They wouldn't have a "pal park" type thing for games in the SAME GENERATION. That's redundant.

Believe me, Mr. Masuda. I would watch it if I could.
But I can't. And once it's leaked online, everyone will know anyway.

(please be 3DS)

(please be 3DS)

Look one post above you.

(please be 3DS)

Look one post above you.

Why the hell wouldn't you be able to trade normally using a 3ds exclusive game. The could've prepted for this I mean they saw the system coming and the 3DS has backwards compatibitity

Sure, backwards compatibility makes sense for 3ds-ds games, but to Pal Park from games in the SAME GENERATION doesn't make sense. Want to know why? You probably won't be able to send them back just like the last transfer devices.

Sure, backwards compatibility makes sense for 3ds-ds games, but to Pal Park from games in the SAME GENERATION doesn't make sense. Want to know why? You probably won't be able to send them back just like the last transfer devices.

I Said trade NORMALLY not pal parking read the damn post

I Said trade NORMALLY not pal parking read the damn post

Ok, let me put it this way. Do you know if you still have multiplayer on 3ds when playing ds games?

@Alpha922 Yes you do! I've done it a billion times

That's all I needed to know...either way, I don't think spliting 1 generation between two different (meaning that people without 3ds's, and yes, there are still a lot of people that don't have a 3ds) systems doesn't look like a good idea. I certainly wouldn't want to have to spend $200+ just to get a game in the same generation.

That's all I needed to know...either way, I don't think spliting 1 generation between two different (meaning that people without 3ds's, and yes, there are still a lot of people that don't have a 3ds) systems doesn't look like a good idea. I certainly wouldn't want to have to spend $200+ just to get a game in the same generation.

Well you are going to have to get a new system eventually you can't expect them to stay with the ds forever so what if you have do it sooner

Well you are going to have to get a new system eventually you can't expect them to stay with the ds forever so what if you have do it sooner

That's inevitable. Eventually they'd have to move to the 3DS. But when the DS came out, it wasn't until 2-3 years after its initial release that Diamond/Pearl were released. They also didn't split Gen III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom