• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details to a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

That's all I needed to know...either way, I don't think spliting 1 generation between two different (meaning that people without 3ds's, and yes, there are still a lot of people that don't have a 3ds) systems doesn't look like a good idea. I certainly wouldn't want to have to spend $200+ just to get a game in the same generation.

Aah, but you see. They want you too spend $200+ to play pokemon. Nintendo, owning 2/3 of pokemon, is currently in a deficit, which they mostly blame on poor sales of the 3ds (the other blame being the strong yen versus the American dollar). No doubt, the 3ds would have sold more if black and white were made for it, even if it was only a slight improvement of what the game is now. Pokemon pushed sales if the DS, it's not a stretch to say it would push sales of the 3DS.

I'm not saying for sure that the next games will without a doubt be on the 3DS, just that it makes very logical sense if they want to sell more hardware units. Trying to maintain the DS system is actually a pretty expensive task as well. Not only do they have to have help analysts knowledgeable in the system, but if a DS breaks and a person wants to get it repaired, then Nintendo has to keep around spare parts, many of which may no longer be manufactured, to repair the system. Come to think of it, I don't think the GBA was supported as long as the DS has past the release of their respective successor systems. The next game, whatever it may be, could be for the DS, but unless the 3DS fails miserably, than I'd bet my lunch money that the ones after will be for the 3DS.

Finally, Pal Park in Black/White has little to do with whether or not the next game will be on the 3DS or not. If they decide to put it on the 3DS, they'll just take it out and put something else there instead. The real question is, "What's going to make them more money"?

Re: Masuda urges fans to watch Pokémon Smash! this Sunday: Possible new game details

LOL at the idea that the 3DS is doing poorly and needs a Pokemon game to keep it alive.

Yes, everyone seems to be forgetting that the 3DS has sold more units than the DS had at this point in its life cycle.

As much as I would love RSEmakes or Gray, what I'm actually hoping for is a 3D Battle Sim for Gen V. D8 I want my pretty shiny Reshiram in 3D already!

Believe me, Mr. Masuda. I would watch it if I could.
But I can't. And once it's leaked online, everyone will know anyway.

(please be 3DS)

You can watch it online. Download a program called Keyhole TV--it's perfectly legal!--and you can watch live Japanese TV. Of course, the quality is often pretty bad, but hey, it's free and we can discuss it openly without getting in trouble. Although be careful that you get the time right!

Last edited:

--and you can watch live Japanese TV.

Thanks for the link to KeyholeTV. I'll have to try it out.

Any idea what time would Pokemon Smash be airing for Eastern Standard Time?

EST should be in the afternoon round 5 o clock. So nothing with Nintendo Direct(that was obvious enough) and Trollfreak will likely strike again. Best part is if we do this every 2 months and we get nothing on the game just on Kyurem, Pokemon and ND are gonna line up again in April.

One thing I don't understand. In the interview Masuda said to watch the next Pokemon Smash episode, which should air this Sunday. But then,

"Please watch next week's Pokémon Smash! live or check my Twitter!."

So which one do we need to watch? This week's or next week's?

Either way I can't wait :)

That's all I needed to know...either way, I don't think spliting 1 generation between two different (meaning that people without 3ds's, and yes, there are still a lot of people that don't have a 3ds) systems doesn't look like a good idea. I certainly wouldn't want to have to spend $200+ just to get a game in the same generation.

Aah, but you see. They want you too spend $200+ to play pokemon. Nintendo, owning 2/3 of pokemon, is currently in a deficit, which they mostly blame on poor sales of the 3ds (the other blame being the strong yen versus the American dollar). No doubt, the 3ds would have sold more if black and white were made for it, even if it was only a slight improvement of what the game is now. Pokemon pushed sales if the DS, it's not a stretch to say it would push sales of the 3DS.

I'm not saying for sure that the next games will without a doubt be on the 3DS, just that it makes very logical sense if they want to sell more hardware units. Trying to maintain the DS system is actually a pretty expensive task as well. Not only do they have to have help analysts knowledgeable in the system, but if a DS breaks and a person wants to get it repaired, then Nintendo has to keep around spare parts, many of which may no longer be manufactured, to repair the system. Come to think of it, I don't think the GBA was supported as long as the DS has past the release of their respective successor systems. The next game, whatever it may be, could be for the DS, but unless the 3DS fails miserably, than I'd bet my lunch money that the ones after will be for the 3DS.

Finally, Pal Park in Black/White has little to do with whether or not the next game will be on the 3DS or not. If they decide to put it on the 3DS, they'll just take it out and put something else there instead. The real question is, "What's going to make them more money"?

Little to do? never has one person needed to spend $200 to continue in the SAME GENERATION.

LOL at the idea that the 3DS is doing poorly and needs a Pokemon game to keep it alive.

I'm not saying the 3ds is going to completely die, just that if pokemon was released on it, it would have sold more. Iwata partially blames poor sales of the 3ds to lack of good launch titles, as seen during his shareholder's conference. (Q4-1 points this out, by the way):

The 71st Annual General Meeting of Shareholders Q & A

Even though the 3DS is selling faster than the DS, the number of sales, at the time of the conference which was only a few weeks ago, is a couple million below what Nintendo was hoping for. 2000000*$170 = $340000000, or $340 million. Subtract that from their current net operating loss, $844 million, and we get the still scary, but much less scary, operating loss of $504 million. That's also assuming that Nintendo gets the full $170, which they do not.

Agreed. I prefer the idea of having the third version game on the 3ds. The ds now is an old generation, there would almost be no point to releasing a pokemon game on it now. Nintendo wants to sell their new product, which is fine by me. Seeing Unova in 3d would really be awesome, especially those bridges *so pretty*. It would be the first time though that the third series game in a generation was released on a different console. I'm not even sure if it would count as being in the same generation. But interesting idea anyways.

I find it absolutely hilarious that people are saying that Scarlet version the third version won't be released on the Nintendo 3DS because "it's selling poorly". Sounds like a poor excuse to not get the next successor, especially considering it's selling good as I'm typing this. Ironically, Pokemon would only help promote more sales of the 3DS.

@Alpha922
they didn't spit Gen III in Japan, only in American and other places did that happen, due to all translating they had to do because pokemon games have lots of text.

so the main guesses for this are "gray" or R/S/E remakes. I'm up for both.
I wish I understood Japanese

Generation 6 is when a main series Pokemon game should be launched on the 3DS, not the 3rd version to BW. 2012 (2013 for others) is not too late for a DS release.

It gives a good closing to one system, and an opening to another. If they release Grey on the 3DS they also are going to have trouble making gen 6 different from it design wise, as they admitted the same problem with gens 4 & 5.

Right now, I'd also just rather have a full out DS game. If I have to eventually upgrade, then I'd rather do it for a new gen rather than a third version and update to BW.

One thing I don't understand. In the interview Masuda said to watch the next Pokemon Smash episode, which should air this Sunday. But then,

"Please watch next week's Pokémon Smash! live or check my Twitter!."

So which one do we need to watch? This week's or next week's?

Either way I can't wait :)
As far as I can make out, this is what happened: Masuda first said to watch Smash in the interview on Saturday, but didn't give a date. On Sunday, just after the most recent Smash episode had finished, he went on Twitter to say that fans should watch the next one. So it seems like the episode he was referring to was the upcoming one on Sunday the 26th (Saturday afternoon in the US).

I'm down with a new colosseum/stadium/pbr type game. Especially since pbr only connected to diamond and pear. Although gray would be pretty cool. I really doubt the new main series game (gray) will be on the 3ds, with the Nobunaga's ambition game being released on the ds.

4 more days until we are all extremly exited, or we all want to silence Masuda.

I think a wii game similar to PBR is among the more likely of scenarios. But I really hope for Grey.

I'm sure we'll get something like a pikachu distribution. :u

My fingers are crossed for Gray, or Kyurems new forme, but I would also love to see another PMD game as well.

Oh shnap!
Nintendo to Announce a New Game Tomorrow – Pokemon? (February 21st, 2012)

BTW Bulbanews, if you're going to use our translations, please provide credit. You originally linked to the UK Nintendo Magazine for this news story, which linked to us as the source of the translations. You then removed the source link. So yeah, give credit where credit is due (AAPF for finding the news, us for translating it).

I can't apologise enough for that. I wrote the article, so the others are hardly to blame. The article on ONM came through in my E-Mails so I clicked and viewed. Not once did I read about Pokebeach until Trom left me a message earlier about it, when I finally revisted the page and read the final paragraph, plus the Sources box I completely missed. Please, if you're gonna blame anyone, blame me. I'm really sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom