• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mature) Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Dawn Of A New Generation (Non-Pokemon RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Storm

Summoner of Lightning
Reaction score
Several years ago, the remains of a semi-ancient Pokke civilization was discovered in a valley located between the Jungle and the Desert Areas. It seems to have been a flourishing civilization, prior to whatever event left it in the ruins we see today. The Guild, eager to learn more, sent a large team in to create a temporary village there to do more research. Since then, the 'temporary village' has grown to be a near-permanent settlement. Even today, there is much for us to learn from the past civilization. The hunters of this new village, mostly the children of Pokke Village's now retired veterans, are tasked with the job of maintaining, supporting, and protecting this village from the monsters that roam the area.This is their story, and it is to begin very soon...
_
Description
Ok this is a new RP I've finally gotten around to making, Let me start out by saying that as this RP will be primarily based on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, it will be near impossible for you to participate efficiently if you have not played that game or at least another game in the Monster Hunter Series.

Rules
1.Standark Bulbagarden Rules, as always, apply here
2.No large 'boss' monsters may appear in this RP without either my or an assistant GM's approval
3.No tennis-posting (AKA Back and forth between only two people)
4.Cursing, while allowed, should not be done frequently
5.My and my assistant Gm's word is final in this RP
6.Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13. If necessary, use PMs to continue [outside of this RP
7.I reserve the right to change these rules at any time
8.If you repeatedly break these rules, I may decide to kick you out of this RP entirely
9.If you actually read this, put the words Wolf and Sparrow somewhere in your sign-up

Sign-Up Requirements
1.Name

2.Age (17-30 for 2nd Generation Hunters, up to 65 for 1st generation)

3.Gender

4.Nickname (Optional)

5.Sexuality

6.Personality:How does your character typically act and treat others

7.Appearence

8.Background/History

9.Preferred Weapon Types:Sword,Dual Blades, Longsword, Greatsword, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Heavy Bowgun, Light Bowgun, or Bow (Up to three)

10.Armor: No High-Rank Armor, or G-Rank either. Be creative, and if you use an entire set, just write the name of the armor set

11.Skills:What skills does your character possess that make them unique? Surprise Me but be reasonable

12.Role:1st Generation or 2nd Generation Hunter or Salesman (NOTE: I will only need a few salesmen)

13.Other

HEre's my character sign-up

Name: David Wyldrune

Nickname:Manta

Sexuality:Heterosexual

Personality:Typically is calm and collective. Very silent in nature, especially while in a hunt, almost wolf-like in the way he stalks his prey. At times may seem cruel, but is good-natured

Appearance:Semi-tall with Blue Eyes and semi-long blue hair. Is in fairly good physicalcshape.

Background:David was born in the new village, born to the founder of the new civilization. He quickly began training at an early age, developing an interest in using water to cloak his prescence from targets. Since his father is soon to retire, he will soon be taking over as leader of the village. He personally does not want to do this, but he is the only one directly related to the current leader as far as anyone currently knows.

Preferred Weapon Types:Greatsword, Lance, Sword

Armor Set:Makluva Set

Skills:Fishing, Swimming Ability, Stealth, Defensive Battling

Role:Second-Generation Hunter

Other: Is slightly scared of Hawk-like Wyverns

Last edited:
Name: Dave Wildrune

Nickname: David Wyldrune

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Typically is calm and collective. Very silent in nature, especially while in a hunt, almost wolf-like in the way he stalks his prey. At is good-natured, but is sometimes selfish.

Appearance: Semi-tall with green eyes and semi-long white hair. Is in fairly good physical shape.

Background: David was born in the new village, born to the founder of the new civilization. He quickly began training at an early age, developing an interest in using water to cloak his prescence from targets. Since his father is soon to retire, he will soon be taking over as leader of the village. He personally does not want to do this, but he is the only one directly related to the current leader as far as anyone currently knows.

Preferred Weapon Types: Greatsword, hammer, sword

Armor Set: Makluva Set

Skills: Yu-Gi-Oh, flying, knows Menes, kicking stuff, video games.

Role: Second-Generation Hunter

Other: Is slightly scared of Wyvern-like Hawks

dude i didnt mean to copy mine. if you want some suggestions to start look at Calvins wall ive been posting armor set pics there for him

How did I copy yours? Dave has white hair, David has blue, Dave is good at video games and Yu-Gi-Oh and knows memes, and David can fish and swim and stealth. Also, Dave is bisexual, while David is homosexual.

i guess i saw it as u edited. I like the idea of the MH Universe now, to an extent, using some tech. Though as a tradition they use the older type weapons.

anyways this is wat makluva armor looks like
MakluvaZ-armor.png

Accepted but i would like to make a suggestion armor wise. Go with one like Hi-Metal or Diablo Armor

(Diablo)
DiabloZBM.png

Guild Armor
images

Kut-Ku (Blue)
KutKuUGN.png

Name: Maximillian Pegasus

Nickname: Maxy

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality:Typically is calm and collective. Very silent in nature, especially while in a hunt, almost wolf-like in the way he stalks his prey. At times may seem cruel, but is good-natured

Appearance: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/517000/517622_1281982652450_160.jpg?v=1281982667

Background: Pegasus was born in the new village, born to the founder of the new civilization. He quickly began training at an early age, developing an interest in using water to cloak his prescence from targets. Since his father is soon to retire, he will soon be taking over as leader of the village. He personally does not want to do this, but he is the only one directly related to the current leader as far as anyone currently knows.

Preferred Weapon Types: Greatsword, Lance, Sword

Armor Set: Makluva Set

Skills: Fishing, Swimming Ability, Stealth, Defensive Battling

Role:Second-Generation Hunter

Other: Is slightly scared of Hawk-like Wyverns

Why not Makluva? It looks badass.

Dude write your own bckground if ur gonna keep referencing ugioh charatcers

Denied for now

no im saying we cant have 3 characters with the same background and personality

and just to prove in mhfu ur a noob, thats not armor. Thats a nargacuga, one of the most difficult monsters in the game to kill or capture,

and to date i have killed 2 and captured 1. there is armor made from nargacuga materials however...

Ill show u a pic if u make ur own background.

You mean this one? http://images.wikia.com/monsterhunter/images/5/5f/NargaXBM.png

Anyway, alrighty. Here's my charrie:

Name: Eliot Nadel

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Eliot is a hedonist to the core. He loves women (Whom he shamelessly flirts with), money (Which he spends lavishly), and sour foods (Which he eats little but.) However, he can be genuinely nice, and even selfless at times. He is extremely spirited and outgoing too, and likes to make friends with everyone. He also loves kittens, and is truly dedicated to spreading love throughout the world.

has fairly long blue hair, mostly because he hates the barber's shop (He's worried about getting his ears chopped off.) He usually dresses in formal styles, usually wearing a tuxedo vest, white button up shirt, reddish-violet paisley tie, charcoal slacks, and black dress shoes, and his skin is the color of hot chocolate mix. He always wears a pair of pink heart-shaped sunglasses over his green eyes, and he has uncommonly large blue eyebrows. He also has a pair of black fake kitty ears on his head that won't come off.

History: Eliot saw a lot of his father's back, as his father was a serious businessman working on serious business. His father often left him with a flying baby sitter that was very strict, and taught him to be a gentleman and swordfight. Whenever he stepped out of line, she would scream in his ears and throw a book at him. This led to him having a high tolerance for pain, and being very chivalrous and polite.
Eventually, at the age of six, his father was killed by the chieftain of another village. It was then that Eliot realized that the hereditary system of government was really unfair, and so started studying to create a democratic government. He decided that he needed to be the best monster hunter to do that, so became a monster hunter.

Preferred Weapon Types: Dual Blades, bow.

Armor: Can I make my own? If so, this one: http://www.costume-crazy.co.uk/shop/images/Hotdog.jpg
Otherwise, Guild Armor.

Skills: Yu-Gi-Oh, being pretty, killing stuff, climbing, jumping.

Role:1st Generation Hunter. Also a salesman in his downtime.

Other: Hawk or whatever.

Last edited:
Maracas, please. Although I am fine with the weapons, and probably would've chosen them anyway, why can't the other people just choose for themselves? Anyway, I figure that this way, since he has more time to spend on just one weapon, he'll probably be better at his two blades, than, say, David is with his lance or great sword or sword. And since a person can usually only wield one weapon class at a time, that would mean overall that he would likely be a better fighter. I might add just bow, though, give him greater flexibility.

I see ur point, though Manta is mainly skilled with his lance, a Primal Spear (a average-damage lance with an ok poison factor) than with his other weapons. And I had a feeling ud go for the maraccas.

It would be best if he had a hot dog suit. Maracas and a hot dog would go well together. Who wants to be called Manta, though?

Someone who uses Water Wyvern and Fish-Scale based Armor, uses primarily water-based weapons, and spends more time in water than he does on dry land.

And no, no hot dog suit. There is actually a ninja outfit in the game though, along with a few other novelty ones.

Ninjas? Ninjas are too cliche for my taste. I like the Guild Armor plenty. Not as much as hot dogs, but it's still dead sexy. Anyway, why Manta, and not, say, Shark? Gator? Mr. Fishpants? That will be what Eliot calls him when he forgets David's name.

Aw, crap, I just realized, a bow wouldn't go well with his armor, would it? Neither would the maraccas. So he will use a gunlance! Sorry to change so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom