• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mawile and other oddities

Furijio raises questions, it seems to be a giant pissed off snowflake. I guess all the snowflakes you squished together into snowballs are coming back for revenge...

And what the heck is Agirudaa? It doesn't seem like a giant tube worm to me. And Kaburumo and Shubarugo, what insects are those? They remind me of the Tongue Louse.

lets begin with furiijio starting with his base we can definitley get the whole angry snowflake feel you mentioned and his named could be considered similar to frigid or furi-zu (freeze) in japanese so i guess it could just be a Giant snowflake... I AM NOT SATISFIED XD

lets dig as little deeper and start looking into myths and legends about snow beings starting with ones poutside japan(because filtering through all the legends about ghosts in the snow would be exhausting) in north america and eastern europe we have such creatues as jack frost which seems unlikley and old man winter, which seems plausible but probably not what we are looking for, the greek have a snow goddess, nope, but when we hit norse mythology we get to the hrimthurs giants made of ice which inhabit a frozen wasteland, this could work and the basic depiction of them give them a near identical face to that of furiijio

we can therefore settle on the idea that he was based off of the hrimthurs (imo)

kaburumo is rather simple unfourtanatley(i like a challenge) it was based off of the kabutomushi, similar to heracross

to explain agirudaa and shubarugo though we should first look at chobomaki

chobomaki appears to be wearing a for of traditional armour and could be a knight of some sort, his overall shape is reminiscent of omynite and omistar so he could be an ammointe pokemon like them but that would make him water, of which he is not, so lets look on land to find snails. looking at him like that we could assume it was just a snails shell tipped up and formed in armour for the sake aof a knight pokemon

when a chobomaki and a kaburumo are in the midst of trade it is implied that one decides to lose the armour(making him less of a tube worm and more of a generic slug like creature) due to this loss of armour he increases his speed and becomes ninja like(we can assume that the black body was previosly curled within the shell the other pokemon the proceeds to find some armour which it decides to don increasing it's defense and making it appear like a jousting knight

a more fun way of thinking is that during the trade they start fighting one thows the armour off to gain an edge and one picks it up for the same reaspn but the trade finished before the battle sould continue

these are my interpretations at least i'm sure other people will have other ideas(i really hope so it makes this more fun to compare ideas)

I'm not sure about the Gen. V flounder's typing, but I think it's pretty weird that it isn't a water type.

I'm not sure about the Gen. V flounder's typing, but I think it's pretty weird that it isn't a water type.

Same could be said for Ishizumai and Shibishirasu, but having marine-based animals not Water typed is interesting concept wise.

Also to clarify Maggyo has Electric/Ground typing, but it still can learn Water attacks like Muddy Water, Surf, and Boiling Water.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom