• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh May 2019 Press Conference: Where Are They Now?

TapLover

Reaction score
A British Sword and Shield tie-in magazine I blind-brought from a local newsagent seems to mention the projects that were revealed at the May 2019 Press Conference despite them basically being old news. Kids' gaming magazines don't really suffer from the so-called "Gaming Journalism Corruption" due to most being stuff compiled from other sources. Let's see what happened to them:

Pokemon Masters: Released and became a massive success within the Pokemon community.
Pokemon HOME: When the E3 Showcase of the Sword and Shield demo was released to YouTube, there was one line which revealed that Pokemon Home would not support transferring of Pokemon NOT in the game's regional dex, hinting a loss of in-game models. Quickly enough, the line got widely misinterpreted and also to the extreme, with people starting to (ironically?) criticize the game's graphics. Despite having died down by the time of Sword and Shield's actual release, it still lives on (mainly on Twitter).
Pokemon Sleep: Was widely talked about within the community, but we haven't heard anything since. Even the promotional trailer didn't show the app's UI to clearly explain how it worked, just so-called "concept footage"
Detective Pikachu 2: Don't know what happened to it, but some magazines did make a mention of it when E3 came along, with the fact that the first Detective Pikachu game ended on a cliffhanger also forcefully mentioned.

I'm not surprised they're taking their time for Detective Pikachu 2, the first one was announced in late 2013 for a 2015 release but it wasn't completed until 2018.

I expect to see more of Sleep on this year's conference (if such conference exists, the virus could delay or cancel it...).

Pokemon HOME: When the E3 Showcase of the Sword and Shield demo was released to YouTube, there was one line which revealed that Pokemon Home would not support transferring of Pokemon NOT in the game's regional dex, hinting a loss of in-game models. Quickly enough, the line got widely misinterpreted and also to the extreme, with people starting to (ironically?) criticize the game's graphics. Despite having died down by the time of Sword and Shield's actual release, it still lives on (mainly on Twitter).
That controversy was about SwSh not having the models, not Home.

I'm not surprised they're taking their time for Detective Pikachu 2, the first one was announced in late 2013 for a 2015 release but it wasn't completed until 2018.
I thought at that time that the game would end up being vaporware since the only info we had on it for a good while was just a Pikachu render.

I expect we will get more about expansions and maybe a big hint for anime and some new pokemon revealed or some forms, that we alredy know...

It's been what, 6 months since SwSh came out? HOME's already out, so I wonder what's keeping TPC from revealing more info on Sleep :unsure:

Also expect a remastered of DP to come to switch.
I expect we will get more about expansions and maybe a big hint for anime and some new pokemon revealed or some forms, that we alredy know...
This is more about last year's press conference and not the next one

Similarly, I wonder when GO compatibility will be added to Home. It was announced at that same conference, but wasn't included in the initial rollout of Home and hasn't been mentioned since. I'm sure they're working on it, I just wonder if they have an ETA for it yet.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom